Dynadot

.tv My regged .tv name will be revoked without any reason! Help!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got this email from Verisign...........

Dear Lin,

Please be advised that your registration to the domain name Pets.tv has been revoked because the domain name was not available for registration. Your registration fee will be refunded. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
VeriSign, Inc
www.verisign.com
1 703.925.6999
1 703.421.5828 Fax

I almost fainted when I received this email because I spent almost all of my savings to buy it for my website plan.
Honestly the domain name pets.tv is a standard reg fee one, that's why I bought it from the former owner, I think most of you know that there are still lots of good domains that were not premium priced and were registered by people at standard reg fees, pets.tv is just one of them but it is maybe the TOP one...........

can anyone tell me what I should do right now??
I am still shaking with anger but I don't know what I can do right now......

I need your Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am about to suicide due to lossing of this domain name.............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fleak you need to get back what you gave to the guy who sold it to you, DON'T let him con you HE OWES YOU he would have to go after Verisign he was the initial registrant and LIKE I SAID THERE NEEDS TO BE NO, DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND NO REASON IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS TO TAKE BACK A DOMAIN AT ANY DOMAIN REGISTRAR But you need to get back what you paid the initial registrant

•••
Reading through this thread is proof that there needs to be social controls on registrars, and other companies involved in the domain business. We as domainers need to protect one another. This situation is a wake up call that like politics, we as citizens need to help govern ourselves. Fleaking i feel for you buddy and id keep records of the ordeal and organize it, in case there in a class action suit down the line.

Ironically I have recently bought several .TV names and think the extension has a bunch of promise, if the registrar doesn't get too corrupt. Hopefully demand media and verisign learn that questionable actions and unfair TOS hurts their money making potential. Anyways please keep us updated.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like demand media has "fixed" the drop problem at least.

Flowers.tv dropped & the system wouldnt let you "drop catch" the name.

•••
unbelieveable

fleaking said:
I think we should focus on VeriSign's evil action to take it away from me without a reason and even a notice before it was transferred to the latest registrant (petstv.com), I also think this isn't a special case, what I realize from the current whois of pets.tv is that PetsTV.com wanted pets.tv but they contacted VeriSign(or enom) directly and willing to pay premium registration fee so VeriSign terminated my registration and transferred it to petstv.com.... can you tolerate this happens on your domains?

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
•••
fleaking said:
thank you equity, but they ignored my emails,
so I think it's no use to deal with them directly

the only possible method is to ask a lawyer for help,
but unfortunatelly I don't have that much money to hire one.

:(

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but what was the official outcome? If you don't have the money, ask some lawyers to take on a pro bono (free) case in exchange for publicity?

Unless this was illegally obtained, I just don;t see how Verisign can just take it away!!

•••
Any registrar can revoke any registration within the first 30 days that's how. Read the thread this was all discussed and explained before.

•••
unbelievable.

Last edited:
•••
equity78 said:
Any registrar can revoke any registration within the first 30 days that's how. Read the thread this was all discussed and explained before.

It sure doesn't make things ok just because a registrar has etched them into their "agreement". We must somehow do something to get these underhanded "rules" changed.

Maybe the Internet Commerce Association can help us.

CCD

Last edited:
•••
Verizon in the NEWS

NEWS FLASH::: is Verisign the new domain squatter?

I think if Verisign uses trickery they should be the one in the news, not domainers.

Last edited:
•••
Fleaking, I am very sorry to hear about this... I am prepared to help you with lawyers.. Lets get them into court asap... Its happened to me on three occasions, but my names were not worth the cash to put up for this route. Your is.

I also have amte at NBC, I will email him now to get some airtime for you.

Last edited:
•••
Fleaking I feel for you mate, its is sneaky and to be honest downright greedy for a company to behave like like they have.

Last edited:
•••
I just sent an email to my mate at NBC, showing this thread, I have also sent an email to a international UN lawyer in Hong Kong... Ill wait for their feed back and PM you the best route.. lions can be slain mate, they are bullys in a nut shell and you being from Taiwan and a UNI kid is a disgrace in the way they have handled this.. It has really pissed me off!.

•••
First off the transaction was not done with Fleaking he did not reg this domain the person who would have to go after Verisign would be the one who regged it and then sold it to Fleaking. Secondly a Registrar is not going to lose a case when in the Terms of Service everyone agrees to (at enom just by signing into your account you agree to their terms of service) it states for any reason within the first 30 days any domain registration can be cancelled. Maybe domain owners should pay a little attention to what they really agree to when registering a domain. I worked with Fleaking over the holidays to try to get this taken care of but after the more research was done it seemed like it was going nowhere and again Fleaking did not register this domain someone else did and they have showed no interest in going after Verisign.

Last edited:
•••
Ok equity78, thanks for the back ground on it and the obvious lengths you went in helping him. hmmmm I feel very sorry for this young fellow, how much did you pay for it fleaking?

•••
I hope all is well with the people involved in this thread and this situation...

•••
We sure have a nice community here.

The way everyone supports the lowly domain owner is like nothing I have ever seen in a business. Even if this has happened legally, domainers showing this kind of support to one domain owner is a definite flashing sign to Verisign and the media that we stand united.

•••
equity78 said:

thats right, it happened to a friend with JESUS.TV, he was devestated but could do nothing. they did refund his money.

•••
See, even the guy with Jesus could do nothing about it and Verisign took the name. I know this is not funny, sorry.

This is a scary thing going on. It does not build a solid foundation for the domain business. Extremely poor business practice for a large corporation. I am very surprised Icaan allows such a clause to be in place by the registers.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back