NameSilo

My question to Godaddy's CEO at NamesCon: Domain Liquidity for the industry

Located in Local Events and Meetups, started by Rob Monster, Feb 5, 2020

Replies:
Views:

?

Was Rob Monster's question at NamesCon out of bounds or bad form?

1. The industry needs to be having that conversation and Godaddy should engage

81 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. No, we don't need domain assets to become more liquid or bankable

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. What's NamesCon?

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. This thread is stupid

42 vote(s)
    32.3%
Total: 130 vote(s)
  1. kemjika11

kemjika11 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Good points!

ALso! Godaddy inherited the ban on me @ afternic when they bought them out. Not gonna lie, i am now at the point where i will ask GD to either remove that ban, or i move all my names out (not even $1 i will spend). i know i am a small small fish, but i know i spend good $ on GD/ year and there is no need for me to do this if GD wont serve me well. enough is enough.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. jamie white

jamie white Journey Domains Inc Blue Account

Epik wouldn't do you like that.. Just saying
    They don't even treat you like a customer - i mean, dude the owner of Epik is on NP everyday and actually tries to help people. Even if it isn't Epik related... GoDady.Sucks - only pops up when cameras are around... #KardashiansOfDomains lol

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Back in 2010 wow did not know you were on this back then Rob.

4. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

When it comes to Godaddy, I have been calling out nonsense for a while. The record shows that I have always taken a nice guy approach first. If there is no engagement, I reserve the right to introduce a solution. Some things take time, especially when largely self-funding solutions to problems. However, I am blessed to have been able to attract and retain some exceptionally talented and diligent people who actually understand the meaning of the word empowerment, and try to live it without much concern for who makes money or who gets credit. And on most days, I believe I have the most fun job in the world, especially lately. I have no animosity towards Godaddy whatsoever. I simply ask them to do the right thing.

5. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yeah I never thought you liked them or they liked you, just from a person standing on the sidelines with no info either way.

6. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

They employ a number of really lovely people.

They also have policies and practices that I find to be in conflict with customer interests.

My hope was that under Aman, that his rhetoric of empowerment would be substantial.

Let's see. The world is about to change. A lot.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice