Dynadot

tips My Own Landing Page Makes Me PROUD!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
I have my own! I built it with a website builder.
No more sleepless nights with fake buy it now inquiries on domain marketplaces.
I feel more confident and secure.
Already got contacted by some high net worth people.

Need even more moral fundament?
Telepathy, Digimedia, Anything, Schwartz use own landing page.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats! Having your own landing pages makes you so much more money. If the buyers are coming directly to your domain name, why would you pay any marketplace any commission at all? They are YOUR buyers!

•••
•••
Agreed, having your own landing page is an excellent strategy if you have the time and are willing to put in the effort. Even better if you can make your own dynamic landing pages.

But, there are services out there that will provide domain management and custom landing pages for a low monthly fee without charging a commission.

•••
Your contact form may have date stamps which you can match with google analytics page views. If they use a fairly descriptive email name then you can usually search the name to city and get an idea if they are a big buyer or a home based business. Then check for trademarks etc..

You are blind on a marketplace.

•••
•••
Congrats! Having your own landing pages makes you so much more money. If the buyers are coming directly to your domain name, why would you pay any marketplace any commission at all? They are YOUR buyers!
I listed domains on Afternic, which lists the domains in GoDaddy search results, in case THEIR TRAFFIC produces me sales. It requires a PAYMENT BEFORE they NOTIFY YOU OF THE SALE.

But MY TRAFFIC goes TO MY LANDING PAGE.

•••
I do not park my domains anymore, because it appears Google's revenue share is 99% to Google and 1% to me and I'm not an idiot to agree to such a revenue share. I rather direct my traffic to my landing page and talk to perspective buyers.

•••
•••

Excellent that you are making your own landers, I was thinking of doing this with all the GoDaddy disruption of
parking with Dan etc. I have mapped out that one lander will contain a genre of related domain names, instead of one domain per lander. More domainers should do this!

•••
I’d love to see the landers you have created, I am fed up with the results from the platforms!

•••
2016-2021 used my own. 2021-present, used Dan, others. No difference in sales volume, they average the same throughout the year.

I did it to save time, and luckily gained the same results.

Leads me to be confident in what I've always believed; it's about the name, not the place. Keeping my DN site active as a fallback.

•••
2016-2021 used my own. 2021-present, used Dan, others. No difference in sales volume, they average the same throughout the year.

I did it to save time, and luckily gained the same results.

Leads me to be confident in what I've always believed; it's about the name, not the place. Keeping my DN site active as a fallback.

If a client come to you via your lander, you know who you are talking to, and can follow up if needed.

No commission, no ambiguity, no fake buy it now transactions, no sleepless nights.

•••
If a client come to you via your lander, you know who you are talking to, and can follow up if needed.

No commission, no ambiguity, no fake buy it now transactions, no sleepless nights.
True, but on marketplaces I just set to bin and if they want it the only way forward is to pay. On my own landers, the process was a little lengthier because vetting, education etc.

They're both great methods and can be attuned to your needs. I found using your own landers is definitely a case for price adjustments based on knowing your buyer but generally I have a set amount in mind and "who" the buyer is or their purpose for the domain doesn't have that much of an impact on that.

Actually, another benefit to own landers is when buyers wanted to know my authenticity as a "real" person and thus could direct them as such to lead to a successful sale. But when dealing on a reputable 3rd party marketplace, the authenticity is with the marketplace itself not so much the seller so that kind of takes care of it.

•••
Can you show us your own/self created parking page or pages. Printscreen with your blurred domain name ...

Are you not more confident by using a trustworthy third party escrow service?

I'm fine with sedo.com if they take 10 percent and handle the transaction in a proper and professional way, i can live with that!

All of my long term domains with potential and traffic generating are parked at sedo.com

I was also thinking about self created and hosted landing pages.

Everything has pro's and contra's, it's good to find a balance ...

In theory it's cool and nice if you everything can handle/manage yourself: creating, hosting and final transaction process.

No hurry and no stress for me, thanks to sedo.com, ok it's not perfect maybe but hey can improve the landers and give users more customizable options in the future.

Interesting topic, i hope to see printscreens from selfmade landers also ... anyway, GLTA!

•••
True, but on marketplaces I just set to bin and if they want it the only way forward is to pay. On my own landers, the process was a little lengthier because vetting, education etc.

They're both great methods and can be attuned to your needs. I found using your own landers is definitely a case for price adjustments based on knowing your buyer but generally I have a set amount in mind and "who" the buyer is or their purpose for the domain doesn't have that much of an impact on that.

Actually, another benefit to own landers is when buyers wanted to know my authenticity as a "real" person and thus could direct them as such to lead to a successful sale. But when dealing on a reputable 3rd party marketplace, the authenticity is with the marketplace itself not so much the seller so that kind of takes care of it.

Are you factoring in fake buy it now inquiries?

•••
This is not an easy task. First of all if your page is not beautiful enough, then the trust level may be lower for SEO and potential customers, secondly you need to maintain your server and code which is huge work. If you just use wordpress to dock, then the traffic it brings you might make you hesitate. If you know some development skills, then having your own dock is the best option.

•••
This is not an easy task. First of all if your page is not beautiful enough, then the trust level may be lower for SEO and potential customers, secondly you need to maintain your server and code which is huge work. If you just use wordpress to dock, then the traffic it brings you might make you hesitate. If you know some development skills, then having your own dock is the best option.
I use wix.com and it is super cheap and super easy. There is also squarespace.com

•••
•••
Are you factoring in fake buy it now inquiries?
I've never gotten one. But not sure what u mean exactly.. how do you get a fake inquiry on a bin model?

•••
I've never gotten one. But not sure what u mean exactly.. how do you get a fake inquiry on a bin model?
Dan.com allows it. It led to many sleepless nights for me.

•••
sample? Thanks
wix.com offers 30 days money back guarantee. Purchase a plan for $9 per month and build a website from a template with their constructor. You will spend a little bit of time, but it will open a wide range of new knowledge and opportunity to you. And knowledge is what? KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

•••
Sedo allows it also.

•••
Very Cool , I waited many years to make myself one , when I did it was a solid good feeling .

•••
so u make your own page and magically offer and sale rains in...come on... we not 12. the truth is it makes no difference to buyer... all u need is clear way to buy.. whether it's a forsale banner on parked page... sedo lander or your own.. who cares... there is no logic to thinking that someone who just wants to buy your domain will care for how u present it... or If u got mountain or flower in your lander..all this stuff is in your head...

•••
Back