Dynadot

tips My Own Landing Page Makes Me PROUD!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
I have my own! I built it with a website builder.
No more sleepless nights with fake buy it now inquiries on domain marketplaces.
I feel more confident and secure.
Already got contacted by some high net worth people.

Need even more moral fundament?
Telepathy, Digimedia, Anything, Schwartz use own landing page.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So people don’t really need a domain and hosting, cpanels and ssl?
Just sign up with wix, create fb page and good to.go
wix or squarespace is an easy website builder to make your own hosted website.

•••
•••
•••
so is that landing page a secret page? why not share it with us (+ free advertising)?

Last edited:
•••
I am pretty sure you can see his secret page if you type the .org he has for auction here in your browser
Or maybe one of his listings in top section such as shores dot com
Its no secret, do correct me if I am wrong

•••
You can calculate the commission fee of the brokerage firm into your asking price, isn't it?

•••
You can calculate the commission fee of the brokerage firm into your asking price, isn't it?
Will you be able to follow up with your potential buyer if you do not know who he is?

•••
Now Afternic rolled our Lead Tracker, but it does not really solve much.
My landing page is winmond.com

•••
Now Afternic rolled our Lead Tracker, but it does not really solve much.
My landing page is winmond.com

This is not a landing page. A landing page has a clear call to action. For example in the case of a domain name landing page, at the bare minimum you should include the actual domain name on the landing page and display that "example.com domain name is for sale, send your inquiries to ...".

•••
I'd like to support OP and agreed with him.

In my experience some of marketplaces (dan, epik and efty) steal buyer leads and offers.

Not showing bin for visitors (godaddy landers via vpn) offering broker service for 69 usd instead of buy now price.

Or simple not loading properly (epik landers) showing error for first unique visitor (stealing lead).

Not available around the world like squadhelp and afternic.
Suddenly reallybigidea.com brings idea to Godaddy team

Afternic launches the lead center beta​

https://www.godaddy.com/garage/afternic-launches-the-lead-center/

•••
FWIW, I have created a new type of landing page/site with all original logo, tagline, and content written by me with a little help from You dot com AI based tools.

I am linking out to Sedo sale page for reasons noted earlier in this thread.

The domain is RTWTrips dot com. Namepros are welcome to contact me for creating similar setup.

•••
This is not a landing page. A landing page has a clear call to action. For example in the case of a domain name landing page, at the bare minimum you should include the actual domain name on the landing page and display that "example.com domain name is for sale, send your inquiries to ...".
The landing page has a call to action.

•••
winmond.com doesnt have a clear call to action. It confusing because it doesnt outright say you are selling domains and just says that you might consider outright purchases and then offers a gmail (you should be using your own domain for your email).

My website (prestonames.com) may not be pretty, but, by contrast...
It lists my domains in different ways and categories (though they are not all on there so some categories are empty). Domains can be purchased on the site through escrow checkout or there are links to market places.

Im now abandoning this project because I don't have the money for marketing or renewals (Im going on a very long trip).

From one designer to another ... Think about who your customers are, what your customers are looking for, how you can make it easy for them to purchase etc.

Last edited:
•••
I guess presto names is more of a site. Here is a better example of a landing page www.colourmeanings.com

•••
winmond.com doesnt have a clear call to action. It confusing because it doesnt outright say you are selling domains and just says that you might consider outright purchases and then offers a gmail (you should be using your own domain for your email).

My website (prestonames.com) may not be pretty, but, by contrast...
It lists my domains in different ways and categories (though they are not all on there so some categories are empty). Domains can be purchased on the site through escrow checkout or there are links to market places.

Im now abandoning this project because I don't have the money for marketing or renewals (Im going on a very long trip).

From one designer to another ... Think about who your customers are, what your customers are looking for, how you can make it easy for them to purchase etc.
Winmond.com clearly state the the domains are available for acquisition or joint venture. "Send offers" is a call to action. Wix.com allows to add contact form, like you have on in 10 seconds.

•••
Currious with the domain name, please share if you dont mind

•••
Winmond.com clearly state the the domains are available for acquisition or joint venture. "Send offers" is a call to action. Wix.com allows to add contact form, like you have on in 10 seconds.
I realized that you don't need any advice or suggestions, you won't consider any tips from other forum members. You created this "landing page" in a few minutes and now you present it as the ultimate solution to the domain name landing pages. This is not even a forum thread, it should be a blog post instead.

Ok, use these "landing pages", it is your choice of course. Be proud. But the problem is, this thread has the tag "tips". This implies that others should use these types of "landing pages" as well.

So please, don't follow this tip, no one should use such "landing pages", this is my tip. There are plenty of other good threads here on NamePros about landing pages, use the search function, but when reading about landing page best practices, please just ignore this thread.

Read about domain name investing and domain name landers here:

https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-investing-just-the-basics-part-1.1253041/

https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-investing-just-the-basics-part-2.1253845/

•••
I realized that you don't need any advice or suggestions, you won't consider any tips from other forum members. You created this "landing page" in a few minutes and now you present it as the ultimate solution to the domain name landing pages. This is not even a forum thread, it should be a blog post instead.

Ok, use these "landing pages", it is your choice of course. Be proud. But the problem is, this thread has the tag "tips". This implies that others should use these types of "landing pages" as well.

So please, don't follow this tip, no one should use such "landing pages", this is my tip. There are plenty of other good threads here on NamePros about landing pages, use the search function, but when reading about landing page best practices, please just ignore this thread.

Read about domain name investing and domain name landers here:

https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-investing-just-the-basics-part-1.1253041/

https://www.namepros.com/blog/domain-investing-just-the-basics-part-2.1253845/
I am over 20 years in this business, what basics can be tought to me?

•••
I am over 20 years in this business, what basics can be tought to me?
We can always still learn something. The business and industry is constantly evolving.

Last edited:
•••
•••
In my opinion, it's not the coolness of the login page that matters, it's the trust and credibility that comes with having a modern and secure login page. The difference between a buyer submitting an offer from dan and submitting an offer from your site is that they will say "I got this name from dan", not you. While still using dan to complete the escrow transaction.

•••
I wouldn't trust an ugly page with a contact form made in 10 minutes as a buyer.

- do you list your phone number on the landing page, is it available non-stop?
- do you have live chat, is it available non-stop?
- do you list your company name and address? is it a real, registered company?
- do you have a proven track record?
- do you have a clear terms of service?
- do you have a GDPR-compatible, full privacy policy?
- do you offer multiple payment methods, including bank transfer, credit card, PayPal, cryptocurrency, digital wallets etc.?
- do you comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard?
- are you protected against chargebacks and credit card fraud? Do you know how to verify a credit card payment to prevent fraud?
- do you issue a proper tax invoice?
- do you have a proper refund policy?
- do you list hundreds of testimonials and reviews on the landing page?
- do you have an extensive FAQ section?
- are your landing pages mobile optimized?
- have you checked the pagespeed scores (Core Web Vitals)?
- are your landing pages accessible (for example for those with screen readers)?
- do you offer an escrow service or an escrow-like service?
- do you have a sales video on your landing page?
- can you properly calculate, collect and remit international taxes, such as VAT?
- do you offer installment payment plans? Can you process installment payments automatically?
- do you have logos for the domains?
- can I hear the domain name on the landing page how it sounds?
- can you earn the trust of your buyers? (if not, they will leave the page ASAP)

Little bit aggressive, but very very true.

Thanks for the clarification and the added value.

•••
Good For You, nice landing for start :xf.wink:
and awesome ideaπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
Thanks

p.s. I have my own landing on WordPress

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back