Dynadot

My opinion of .garbage and .worthless and .useless

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hopefully, you guys are getting the humor in what I did there?!

I just wanted to say that as a long-time domain investor, and entrepreneur, I overwhelmingly disagree with the sales practices of most of the gTLDs. First of all, it's ridiculous that it's impossible for a startup company to participate in any meaningful way with the primary market. The auction process all but guarantees no new entries can be made. That is anti-competitive. Secondly, the 'sunrise' period where these new extension owners try to jack all the money they invested for every useable version of their otherwise limited extension. It hampers any possibility of mass adoption and therefore makes the risk of holding said domains EXPONENTIALLY higher.

For these reasons and the fact that I don't see Google, or people, putting much value in them. I will no longer participate in new launches, of any extension, that charges more than an equivalent fee to a standard .com

I even question these costs and renewals for country codes but get the value in those markets.

All of this said I own some great ones such as Get.Deals and I applaud uniregistry for keeping the fees, on most of their extensions, fair and reasonable.

I am wondering if a lot of the industry agrees with this thought process.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
people look at .one or .two big sales of any random .whatever, with amazement and awe

as such sales fuel the fire of hope, for the .future

so, a lot of domainers have become the new "end-users" and may not even realize it

imo....

Last edited:
•••
people look at .one or .two big sales of any random .whatever, with amazement and awe

as such sales fuel the fire of hope, for the .future

so, a lot of domainers have become the new "end-users" and may not even realize it

imo....

Agreed.

•••
Nailed it. markets get too much hype and long term disaster follows. poor new investors never see it coming even. while the whales cash out and move on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back