Dynadot

My experience with Cosmotown: > 1 year in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
In short, overall positive.

I'm going to outline both pros and cons though here.

I started using them over 1 year ago. For the moment I have 1800 names at Cosmotown (out of 5k+)

This registrar has been growing lately, kinda doubled in names from where I started using them.

Please note that minor technical issues can happen, like CC not working sometimes. I use Paypal with them. Edit: and account funds

Price is unbeatable as you can see. Might be useful in such rough times (I admit it's my reason for be in)

Interface works smooth in general. There are still some rough edges here and there in the user panel, such as bulk domain search where you must actually separate domains with comma (gave them suggestions to improve this).

Definitely needs some new features. The basic functions are however already in. Including bulk domain edit added recently (I have asked for that). As far as I know they are actively working on new features.

Tip: On the home page, you have to type something in the search first and not just copy paste, otherwise it will not work. (copy protection thing)

Problems: I had minor technical issues now and then, but got help from support. No significant issues transferring in and out though except with one .ORG domain that might be an issue with the registry in the end. Anyway in this regard I've had about the same experience as with the other registrars I use.

Some perks for larger investors, see the discount thing they just posted.

Service quality / support: In line with cost. See below.

Cons: One has to be aware though that you can't get perfect service for a very low amount, like I said in the past for Sav when they changed interface and everyone was pissed, I chilled and waited for them to fix. Didn't have access to my names at all for 2 weeks at Sav.

Anyway - you need to expect some minor issues here and there, with a bottom cost registrar. With Cosmotown, got issues fixed in 1-2 days max depending on the case.

Pros: Cosmotown support has always helped though. Expecting it to improve with time as they are actively developing and investing right now as far as I can tell. Again be patient and chill - my solution for everything with registrars....

Edit: There is no integration with Afternic Fast Transfer and Sedo MLS yet. Possibly coming in the future, I know they are looking into it.

End note: I know some other users have had their issues, so anyway do your own diligence. I'm only sharing my personal experience so far.

Good luck to everyone and wish you fresh sales soon.

Edit: feel free to comment and post your own experience, good or bad below. Also if there is any question please ask.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awesome. Glad to be of help. And kudos to you for willingness to be open about it, analyze and draw conclusions. Most people would just stick to their guns.

Did you also check if their was any trend within the FT enabled registrars and if their brand mattered at all for 2022? Provided that you had enough sample size, of course.
I will have to dig more tomorrow in the data, now going to sleep.

But thanks again. This is being tremendously useful.

•••
ProtonVPN is free with 3 countries (US, UK and Germany).

Edit: You get an IP from either of these countries under the free tier. I've used it in a couple emergency cases, it works quite acceptable as speed.
Thanks to this ProtonVPN i found out that I was blocking it on 3 of my websites, which were real humans using VPN, the thing i was blocking was WOW64 which is used by this software, I see that Namepros is blocking all the free IP's of it and can't browse the forums with VPN turned on.

•••
Thanks to this ProtonVPN i found out that I was blocking it on 3 of my websites, which were real humans using VPN, the thing i was blocking was WOW64 which is used by this software, I see that Namepros is blocking all the free IP's of it and can't browse the forums with VPN turned on.
You might want to get a paid version VPN, it's useful . like $5 per month or so.

I use NordVPN but Proton is also an option. Nord however now offers mesh VPN network for free which is a big asset.

•••
I just found out this from Cosmotown team directly:

- They currently have implemented Sedo MLS Platinum internally.

It is not launched yet; being soft tested now. So they are already accepted in the Sedo network. A beta it might be released very soon. Again this is implemented, in testing.

- They are also currently implementing the next step, white label + Fast transfer feature will be launched after that. (dunno exactly what white label is, but Fast transfer - yeah we all know that). Guess it's the superior level of Premium SedoMLS overall.

I don't have an exat timeline, they will announce it but it shouldn't take long from now given the stage. I knew they been working on this since the beginning of this year but I just am now allowed to share.

Anyway this ain't anything official, just a sneak preview for now.

•••
I want to use them (I even added some account funds as soon as I got my account up), however it's been a while now that the website is blocked by uBlock being in the phishing URLs list.

Not sure how to feel about it considering all the good things being said in this thread.

1679322743795.png

•••
I want to use them (I even added some account funds as soon as I got my account up), however it's been a while now that the website is blocked by uBlock being in the phishing URLs list.

Not sure how to feel about it considering all the good things being said in this thread.

Show attachment 234202
I also have uBlock Origin and it doesn't block Cosmotown.

Something is weird there.

•••
@twiki ,
most probably you and I are using different filters.

I do not follow ublock's suggestions 100% but, still, it is somewhat alarming.

•••
@twiki ,
most probably you and I are using different filters.

I do not follow ublock's suggestions 100% but, still, it is somewhat alarming.
I didn't fiddle mine, using default settings.

Anyway, who knows.

I have it on other devices, 2 people in my team also accessing it, no issues.

•••
There definitely seem to be some issues accessing Cosmotown, which is a bit of a concern. When using PC I get this with Chrome:
1679327335805.png

and with Firefox:
1679327364931.png

It DOES load correctly using a different internet provider on my phone, so it seems to be related to some sort of filtering with the internet provider?... But the message seems to indicate it's some SSL config issue. However I do not get this issue with any other website I go to, so one would wonder why the Cosmotown site has this problem?...

@Cosmotown - any comments?...

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you people experience errors try using Iridium, Epic or Brave browsers, if you still get errors try find a old version of browser from July 2021, Google crap did something in September that causes websites to not display, I also suspect that new browsers use AI to dynamically display or not display a website at all, so that some simple people or small businesses will lose income.
I personally use old version of Brave browser, it does not have what Google changed in Chormium code, hope one day to learn programming and look what's there.
Only sometimes Cosmotown is slow or like today the login was loading allot even after input 2FA, I then look that Brave shield is Off i turn it back on and press CTRL + F5 and this time was fine, i wonder wtf, maybe those 3rd party cookies were doing something to intercept my login to Cosmotown, who knows.

•••
There definitely seem to be some issues accessing Cosmotown, which is a bit of a concern. When using PC I get this with Chrome:
Show attachment 234206

and with Firefox:
Show attachment 234207

It DOES load correctly using a different internet provider on my phone, so it seems to be related to some sort of filtering with the internet provider?... But the message seems to indicate it's some SSL config issue. However I do not get this issue with any other website I go to, so one would wonder why the Cosmotown site has this problem?...

@Cosmotown - any comments?...
@Cosmotown you have never commented on this, though the issue persists. Surely there must be something up with your config that means yours is the only website that gives me these errors. And even on my phone pages take ages to load and sometimes give 504 Gateway Time-out errors.

•••
@Cosmotown you have never commented on this, though the issue persists. Surely there must be something up with your config that means yours is the only website that gives me these errors. And even on my phone pages take ages to load and sometimes give 504 Gateway Time-out errors.
I tried yesterday and today and continue to get 504 errors. I can't even view a list of my domains. Unfortunately I have no option but to transfer out my domains as I need to be able to administer them. I contacted Support to request the authcodes but they told me the website was now working and I could access them there. Nope - more 504 errors. I have now sent off a second request for Support to provide a list of Auths.
Cosmo is going to lose all their customers if they can't get this sorted. Cheap registrations don't mean much if you can't access your account.

•••
I tried yesterday and today and continue to get 504 errors. I can't even view a list of my domains. Unfortunately I have no option but to transfer out my domains as I need to be able to administer them. I contacted Support to request the authcodes but they told me the website was now working and I could access them there. Nope - more 504 errors. I have now sent off a second request for Support to provide a list of Auths.
Cosmo is going to lose all their customers if they can't get this sorted. Cheap registrations don't mean much if you can't access your account.
Hi, NicTraders!

Our team is vigorously working to fix this issue ASAP. We are very sorry that you are encountering this.

Regarding your request to support for auth codes, can you please send us your ticket number? We will have our support team look into it

•••
Hi, NicTraders!

Our team is vigorously working to fix this issue ASAP. We are very sorry that you are encountering this.

Regarding your request to support for auth codes, can you please send us your ticket number? We will have our support team look into it
PM sent. thank you.

•••
Hopefully this brings some improvement for everyone...

Dear Valued Customers,
We hope this message finds you well. Our team will be performing essential maintenance tasks to ensure the continued reliability and security of our services.
Maintenance Details:
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Start Time: 2:30 AM UTC
Expected End Time: 4:30 AM UTC
During this maintenance window, the Cosmotown Website will be completely shut down and inaccessible. We understand the significance of our services to your operations and aim to complete the maintenance as efficiently as possible.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may cause. We assure you that our team will work diligently to minimize the impact on your business operations. If you encounter any difficulties or have inquiries regarding this maintenance, please don't hesitate to contact Cosmotown Support. Our dedicated support team is here to assist you.
Contact Information:
Email: [email protected]
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work to enhance performance and security.
Best Regards,
Cosmotown Inc.

•••
Your interface is awful. Have you ever used another registrar? Use Dynadot, NameCheap, Spaceship, even Porkbun to see how you can improve. I couldn't imagine using your service as is - regardless of price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back