IT.COM

My Drop Catching Experience with a Script and the Dynadot API

NameSilo
Watch
Bamn!

I was giving a new desktop drop-catcher which works with the Dynadot API a go today, provided to me by NP member Expron.
He codes both desktop software and scripts to work with a variety of registrar APIs, including Dynadot, eNom, and others.

I sifted through a list of LLLL.nets deleting today and zoned in on BAMN.net. I punched a few domains I was going after and the Dynadot API key (which he graciously lent me to test the app) into Expron's app and clicked "Start."

By 1PM EDT (the daily .com/.net drop time), I was sitting at my computer to watch when the WHOIS of BAMN.net to change from "pending delete" to the precious few seconds of availability. About 50 minutes into the drop, I was getting a bit apprehensive. I was constantly typing BAMN.net into http://iwhois.com/, refreshing, and suddenly, from the "pending delete" junk I've been looking at much of the hour, Iwhois returned a "Registry unavailable" message. This turned out to be the critical moment when Tucows, the registrar of BAMN.net since 2005 had finally let go of the domain!

When whois started returning information for the BAMN.net again, the fate of the domain had been decided. Normally at this point, I would be rushing through my registrar's checkout trying to buy it and quickly find out it was already lost to eNom, BuyDomains, or even Godaddy/Wild West Domains, the usual suspects for grabbing the dropping LLLL.nets.

Not today though! I almost jumped out of my chair for joy when I saw the "bamn.net, -> success,,1249325754000" message in Expron's app which meant that the order had gone through with Dynadot API! I checked out whois and sure enough, the domain had been captured by Registrar - - - Dynadot.

I am now the proud owner of BAMN.net and I only paid the reg fee for it. It is no ordinary quad-premium LLLL.net imo. Many "lesser" extensions of the name are taken including BAMN.org/.info/.biz/.us even .co.uk/.de/.tv and .cn! BAMN.com (By Any Means Necessary organization), .org (Builders Association of Minnesota), .de (beyonde alternativ multigaming noobs) are developed.

Member Expron's drop-catching tools shifts some power from the big companies back into the hands of small-time domainers like most of us at Namepros. He has many tools on the horizon, including a membership site which will allow you to schedule times for his script to try and acquire the names you choose on your behalf by firing requests to different registrar APIs. Read this => http://www.namepros.com/for-sale-ad...tastedrop-com-domain-lists-drop-catching.html

I want to know that You DO have a chance against Snapnames & Co! While the big companies are trying to vacuum up thousands of names which are faceless to them everyday, you can pursue a few names of your choosing from your careful research and analysis.

:wave:

See the attached image for a look at his drop-catching app which I used.

Attachments

• api.PNG
    api.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone have a moniker account with API access they want to sell?

•••
Ja$on said:
Anyone have a moniker account with API access they want to sell?

I have the moniker tool from dnware, if you are interested !

Expron said:
If anyone would like a copy of the Moniker Desktop application - please let me know.

I am definitely interested, but does this require a static or dynamic IP ? Mine is dynamic !

•••
You can use ipchicken.com to get your IP, I been using it for an application that requires a static IP. It hasn't changed in over a week now.

•••
Sorry for being off topic but...
Where do u guys go for the lists of expiring domains? and which is the best registrar providing .in registrations and an API too?
Thanks.

•••
There are about 100 sites who offer expired drop lists like NameJet. The real problem is they are sometimes as large as 70,000 domains and maybe even larger.

How do you scan lists that large for little nuggets of gold? Well my blog might tell ya, lol.

Enom reseller gives you an API and .in registrations.

•••
Hi Jason,
I just saw your site, looks good :)
I have DRT so maybe throwing these lists in and scanning for names might be good.
Thanks for the info,
K

•••
Expron said:
If anyone would like a copy of the Moniker Desktop application - please let me know.
If helpful, I can provide a free demo of the program if you'd like to test it before purchasing it.

Highly Interested. can you please offer me a free Demo.

Thanks,
Raja

•••
Charley said:
I have the moniker tool from dnware, if you are interested !

Unfortunately, the Moniker software (as well as the Enom software) from dnware is completely worthless as anyone will tell you. Don't waste your money.

edjackiel said:
Bamn!

I was giving a new desktop drop-catcher which works with the Dynadot API a go today, provided to me by NP member Expron.
He codes both desktop software and scripts to work with a variety of registrar APIs, including Dynadot, eNom, and others.

I sifted through a list of LLLL.nets deleting today and zoned in on BAMN.net. I punched a few domains I was going after and the Dynadot API key (which he graciously lent me to test the app) into Expron's app and clicked "Start."

By 1PM EDT (the daily .com/.net drop time), I was sitting at my computer to watch when the WHOIS of BAMN.net to change from "pending delete" to the precious few seconds of availability. About 50 minutes into the drop, I was getting a bit apprehensive. I was constantly typing BAMN.net into http://iwhois.com/, refreshing, and suddenly, from the "pending delete" junk I've been looking at much of the hour, Iwhois returned a "Registry unavailable" message. This turned out to be the critical moment when Tucows, the registrar of BAMN.net since 2005 had finally let go of the domain!

When whois started returning information for the BAMN.net again, the fate of the domain had been decided. Normally at this point, I would be rushing through my registrar's checkout trying to buy it and quickly find out it was already lost to eNom, BuyDomains, or even Godaddy/Wild West Domains, the usual suspects for grabbing the dropping LLLL.nets.

Not today though! I almost jumped out of my chair for joy when I saw the "bamn.net, -> success,,1249325754000" message in Expron's app which meant that the order had gone through with Dynadot API! I checked out whois and sure enough, the domain had been captured by Registrar - - - Dynadot.

I am now the proud owner of BAMN.net and I only paid the reg fee for it. It is no ordinary quad-premium LLLL.net imo. Many "lesser" extensions of the name are taken including BAMN.org/.info/.biz/.us even .co.uk/.de/.tv and .cn! BAMN.com (By Any Means Necessary organization), .org (Builders Association of Minnesota), .de (beyonde alternativ multigaming noobs) are developed.

Member Expron's drop-catching tools shifts some power from the big companies back into the hands of small-time domainers like most of us at Namepros. He has many tools on the horizon, including a membership site which will allow you to schedule times for his script to try and acquire the names you choose on your behalf by firing requests to different registrar APIs. Read this => http://www.namepros.com/for-sale-ad...tastedrop-com-domain-lists-drop-catching.html

I want to know that You DO have a chance against Snapnames & Co! While the big companies are trying to vacuum up thousands of names which are faceless to them everyday, you can pursue a few names of your choosing from your careful research and analysis.

:wave:

See the attached image for a look at his drop-catching app which I used.

This all sounds very promising... until you say you're basically a partner or somehow involved with the guy who is selling the software/service. I'm not saying you're lying/exaggerating, but it would be nice to hear from someone who doesn't profit from the selling of this service.

•••
Just thought I'd mention that now that the Dynadot API is back, I sucessfully grabbed 2 LLLL.COM's with this software. If you'd like to do the whois, one of the domains is: mlxu.com

Although the speed of the dynadot API has been slowed down, it is still possible to grab great domains with the software.

•••
where i can get all LLLL.com whois details :xf.love: ?

•••
chandan said:
where i can get all LLLL.com whois details :xf.love: ?

There are bulk whois tools. Check out my whois tools thread, it is a STICKY

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back