Dynadot

My domain is suspended without any notification from Namebright

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luckyaadity

Impact
Hi

I recently made account on drop-catch to buy auctioned domains, i got a domain for $1k and as soon as i made it live with it's wayback content the DNS stopped working.

I did not get mail or any notification in other form about the suspension, I reached support and this person told me the domain is suspended as previous owner raised a complaint about copying content.

I asked them why i was not intimated about the complaint as we can resolve it, but they sent me terms of agreement clause where they are not supposed to give a F about it's customers when there is a complaint, they are not sharing complaint copy; nor letting me come on agreement where they can help reinstating the domain if i delete the content and create my own.

I have been asking them to remove domain lock so i can transfer away but support has stopped responding.

Beware of this dubious registrar, they don't care at all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whats ”dubious“ is not reading terms and conditions you agreed to and taking content that is not yours.

Also they did notify you as you stated above.

Last edited:
•••
1) deal with your hosting company where the ns point to and remove all the stolen content (many hosting companies provide staging environment - works without the need for DNS change from your side)
2) when done - contact the registrar and say that the website is cleaned.

.. we have lots of users at HostMaria who think it is ok to steal content from other sites. Usually (in mild cases) their sites are always suspended when they ignore raised support tickets over the copyright or other infringements. And, these webmasters start acting only after their sites go offline.

> deal with it and make sure you receive the system emails.

Last edited:
•••
Whats ”dubious“ is not reading terms and conditions you agreed to and taking content that is not yours.

Also they did notify you as you stated above.
Well! Ironically i never created my account on namebright, i bought domain from dropcatch and they created the account and added the domain there.

Moreover, about the notification thing, i did not get any mail or notification from the namebright.

I had to reach support to get a clue and their first reply was-

Hi,

The domain has violated our terms and conditions. You will not be able to use the domain here at NameBright.

Thank you,

•••
1) deal with your hosting company where the ns point to and remove all the stolen content (many hosting companies provide staging environment - works without the need for DNS change from your side)
2) when done - contact the registrar and say that the website is cleaned.

.. we have lots of users at HostMaria who think it is ok to steal content from other sites. Usually (in mild cases) their sites are always suspended when they ignore raised support tickets over the copyright or other infringements. And, these webmasters start acting only after their sites go offline.

> deal with it and make sure you receive the system emails.

I have over 500+ websites live and this is the first case when i am dealing with a registrar that does 0 communication and keeps courtesy to intimate their users before taking any actions.
Like i stated they never told me anything about the complain. My most of the domains are with namesilo, godaddy, namecheap, hover etc. and its not first time that i have faced such issues but we always had a good way of fixing things unlike namebright where they simply said i can not use my domain at namebright neither i can transfer it to any registrar as they have domainlock on it.
Upon asking to remove domain lock... no one is replying.

Last edited:
•••
I have over 500+ websites live and this is the first case when i am dealing with a registrar that does 0 communication and keeps courtesy to intimate their users before taking any actions.
Like i stated they never told me anything about the complain. My most of the domains are with namesilo, godaddy, namecheap, hover etc. and its not first time that i have faced such issues but we always had a good way of fixing things unlike namebright where they simply said i can not use my domain at namebright neither i can transfer it to any registrar as they have domainlock on it.
Upon asking to remove domain lock... no one is replying.

well, then you have a valid point... there had to be conversations before acting like this. All the best! H

•••
Namebright replied they have 0 obligation to entertain me.
* I asked them to unlock my domain so i can move away but they did not reply anything on this.
* After asking 3-4 times to unlock my domain i had to say "if you don't unlock i will have to raise a chargeback" and this is the reply i have received -

Thank you, but now that you have threatened a Chargeback, the domain will need to be placed under registrar lock. A chargeback is considered theft under the relevant US Criminal Code and given your threats to engage in this type of fraud we are required to take certain legal actions.

NameBright Legal Department

Looks like i am dealing with a kid sitting on helpdesk.

•••
Back