Dynadot

discuss My domain is add by other people even I had add it to my account on Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

70ym

Established Member
Impact
Today I want to increase the price of my domain hqc.org, and I find that it is not in my account. I just add this domain to my account about a month ago. Now this domain is add by https://dan.com/zh-cn/domain-seller/the-king?&results=50&order_by=relevance
It seems that this people add 54205 other people's domain, even these domains was already in the owner's account before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today I want to increase the price of my domain hqc.org, and I find that it is not in my account. I just add this domain to my account about a month ago. Now this domain is add by https://dan.com/zh-cn/domain-seller/the-king?&results=50&order_by=relevance
It seems that this people add 54205 other people's domain, even these domains was already in the owner's account before.
That appears to be a curious new twist to the Dan listings issue. So are you now saying that you already listed it there, and someone else, without buying it from you, now has instead replaced your listing?

If so, that takes their listings problem to an even higher level of concern. Lookup.icann.org does list a registrant organization and mailing address for that particular domain. You may want to double check that to make certain that the domain wasn't actually transferred as well.

Did you contact customer service? Sounds like it merits their prompt attention.

Last edited:
•••
That appears to be a curious new twist to the Dan listings issue. So are you now saying that you already listed it there, and someone else, without buying it from you, now has instead replaced your listing?

If so, that takes their listings problem to an even higher level of concern. Lookup.icann.org does list a registrant organization and mailing address. You may want to double check that to make certain that the domain wasn't actually transferred as well.

Did you contact customer service? Sounds like it merits their prompt attention.
Yes, it is a big problem. I dont want to check my account everyday to see if my domain listings are go to other people's account.

•••
Yes, it is a big problem. I dont want to check my account everyday to see if my domain listings are go to other people's account.
So the question is whether this is domain hijacking or simply a listing hijacking?

By the way, were the fake listings at Afternic finally corrected? Perhaps it would be best to double check there as well for this new issue.

You are absolutely right. You should not have to to continually monitor your accounts for these issues. And, you should never have to worry about a current listing being taken over by someone else, unless there was a sale or explicit permission.

It's truly saddening that you are experiencing this. Hopefully, it's some technical glitch or other mistake. Otherwise, this would be a harrowing new trend that all domain owners now may need to be vigilant about on the marketplaces?

Last edited:
•••
So the question is whether this is domain hijacking or simply a listing hijacking?

By the way, were the fake listings at Afternic finally corrected? Perhaps it would be best to double check there as well for this new issue.

You are absolutely right. You should not have to to continually monitor your accounts for these issues. And, you should never have to worry about a current listing being taken over by someone else, unless there was a sale or explicit permission.

It's truly saddening that you are experiencing this. Hopefully, it's some technical glitch or other mistake. Otherwise, this would be a harrowing new trend that all domain owners now may need to be vigilant about on the marketplaces?
afternic still do not do anything to solve the problem.
dan just ban this user and delete all domains listed by this user.

•••
Do you added the NS to point to Dan in your domain, including the verification NS?
If not then there is your problem of others listing your domain in their Dan/Afternic accounts.

Last edited:
•••
Out of frustration ,of trying to list so many domains at afternic.com when recently I decided to bid on one of those domains for $100 bucks ,guess what one of godaddys brokers just countered at $2500 WTF ,is fast transfer gonna rip this fu----- domain out of my account if someone else buys the domain from the so called owner. THIS IS A Godaddy thing theres so many contracts ,different deals with different models and differnt registras , different auction parnerships ,also many flaws and glitches at godaddy for years ,that people are going to start losing million dollar domains. How can a business be taken seriously when they value domains in account less than kitty litter. HTF can you counter on a domain you dont even own. First thing I do when I make a sale or get an offer is to see if I still own the domain. Godaddy has got to get its act together this is real money ,can you imagine this happening in your 401k or brokerage account.(guess what its all the same,the technology at godaddy is so slow and old ,its pathetic that they are listed as a tech firm.

Last edited:
•••
It's very saddening to hear that even the previous issue, with others listing your domains, was not corrected at Afternic. When you raised attention to this matter before, you raised attention to what turned out to be apparently a very significant problem there. You were "spot on."

So, did you check to make certain that you still own the domain? If you do, but someone was able to remove your listing and replace it with theirs, is it possible that your Dan account was hacked? Perhaps it would be prudent to change your password now, while Dan further investigates this?

Out of frustration ,of trying to list so many domains at afternic.com when recently I decided to bid on one of those domains for $100 bucks ,guess what one of godaddys brokers just countered at $2500 WTF ,is fast transfer gonna rip this fu----- domain out of my account if someone else buys the domain from the so called owner. .
Are you saying that you bid $100 on one of the fake listings of your domains, and got a $2500 counter-offer? Very curious, indeed! Why would any business would allow this type of mischief to continue?

•••
im just fed up,if everyone bid on their own domains when afternic tells them ,sorry you dont own it,them maybe the problem will get fixed dedicated nameservers are the only way to do it. your controlling the domain so you own it,its a no brainer ,and there are some little tiny companies that have them so why not godaddy

•••
im just fed up,if everyone bid on their own domains when afternic tells them ,sorry you dont own it,them maybe the problem will get fixed dedicated nameservers are the only way to do it. your controlling the domain so you own it,its a no brainer ,and there are some little tiny companies that have them so why not godaddy
Absolutely, some type of verification appears critically needed at this point.

The question is, though, that in this instance from the original poster, the Nameservers for the domainin question are pointed to DAN (according to lookup.icann.org). So, it remains unclear whether this is a new problem relating to domain hijacking on their platform, even with NS pointed to them?

Hopefully, this new situation will be clarified very promptly. AND, yes, hopefully the overall issue will finally be taken seriously AND corrected.

Thanks for having the courage to speak up.

•••
As an update, have you had any resolution to t his issue, especially in this particular case? Was customer service helpful? Was there any evidence of that the domain had been hijacked, or was it simply a mistake?

And thank you again for raising the concerns, which hopefully has encouraged others to at least check their portfolios. From what you described, it's all the more important to make certain that the domain is still listed there AND, that it is, indeed, the actual owner's listing.

•••
As an update, have you had any resolution to t his issue, especially in this particular case? Was customer service helpful? Was there any evidence of that the domain had been hijacked, or was it simply a mistake?

And thank you again for raising the concerns, which hopefully has encouraged others to at least check their portfolios. From what you described, it's all the more important to make certain that the domain is still listed there AND, that it is, indeed, the actual owner's listing.
Customer service told me they dont know why this happen. You will receive email when you add domain to dan.
After I give this evidence to Customer service, dan ban this user and delete all domains listed by this user.

•••
Customer service told me they dont know why this happen. You will receive email when you add domain to dan.
After I give this evidence to Customer service, dan ban this user and delete all domains listed by this user.
Great Job! And congrats to the DAN team, for taking this matter very seriously. Hopefully, it will never happen again.
I'm glad to report that DAN and Afternic appear to have successfully stopped the culprits doing the fake listings of my portfolio on their platforms. So, perhaps they are really having some progress with these issues?

Basically, as in this particular case, banning the culprits is hopefully providing at least some deterrent---until they finally get their verification in place.

Thanks for the follow-up, and I hope you have many sales for your real listings!

•••
The same problem with me, I saw my domain already listed in sedo.com, then I realise that was registered by me through my old email id long time ago.

•••
The same problem with me, I saw my domain already listed in sedo.com, then I realise that was registered by me through my old email id long time ago.
Well, that's a slightly different twist to the issue. In that case, the sale would not have gone through perhaps due to the old email. The cases we are mentioning are apparently intentional listings by sellers that had no previous or current ownership of the domain.

Glad to hear though that you found the glitch, before it became an issue.

•••
Well, that's a slightly different twist to the issue. In that case, the sale would not have gone through perhaps due to the old email. The cases we are mentioning are apparently intentional listings by sellers that had no previous or current ownership of the domain.

Glad to hear though that you found the glitch, before it became an issue.
Yeah! This was huge problem has I was not able to confirm my Domain ownership. But I found this problem and sorted out soon.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back