Dynadot

discuss .mv Maldivian domains, domain names the Maldives for Metaverse

NameSilo
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
Recently, domainers and project owners have started registering Maldivian domain names .mv, given that MV is an excellent abbreviation for the Metaverse. This idea first appeared and was discussed on the threads of this forum

Metaverse ~~Showcase your names and Discussion Thread

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

But due to the fact that these are threads for a broad discussion of domain names for the Metaverse, and the topic of Maldivian domain names has become popular, there is a need to create a separate topic for discussion of .mv domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It's probably a package deal. The price for the metaverse.mv has been transferred and distributed to the rest of the names.

•••
The.mv is more attractive than metaverse.mv, that's like selling internet.net
i'm not sure what .gw is or would stand for

•••
I'm still contemplating about what to use the names (metaverse.mv/the.mv) for. I deploy quite a bit of projects per year, so could make sense to use them - especially "the.mv".

That said, the .gw is for me "gateway", a portal:

gw.jpg

.mv registry is all done by hand, as the registrar doesn't have online systems. If you want to check availability, just find the official registry DNS and do a 'dig' for NXDOMAIN.

NIC.GW is outsourced to NIC.PT, which is a good (and connected) registrar. You can register directly with NIC.GW by filling out a form, but you have to declare your intents with the domains - like assigning them to a project. Otherwise, they will reject your application. They're quite cheap too, less than $50 for 2 years.

•••
Develop MV-01.png

45 days for approval

Put in order for 6 and got 2 so far and 1 more pending approval. Rest 3 were already rejected.

Last edited:
•••
Added a few -

Utopia
Artwork
CBD (central business district)

•••
•••
Added a few -

Utopia
Artwork
CBD (central business district)
congrats!
now let's start marketing or developing or reselling or whatever you intend to do

•••
congrats!
now let's start marketing or developing or reselling or whatever you intend to do
I wanted to make a promotional video, but now I don’t know if it will work out, they say we will start a war with Russia tomorrow, then there will be no time for that.

•••
•••
I wanted to make a promotional video, but now I don’t know if it will work out, they say we will start a war with Russia tomorrow, then there will be no time for that.
Are you In Ukraine? If so please be safe. I’m wishing the best outcome no war!

•••
•••
Any takers for the.mv and metaverse.mv ? DM.

•••
NameBio has already included in the statistics three .mv names sold by me.
Come on!

•••
@Igor Gabrielan Congrats on the sales. Was it incoming offers? or Did you approach buyers?

•••
I approached the buyers. It usually doesn't work and I don't do it. But here it suddenly worked. Maybe because the names were extra-class: avatar.mv music.mv art.mv

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I sold domain names registered on 101domain.com using https://www.epik.com/services/escrow .
The transfer of names was done by pushing on 101domain.com .
Everything is very simple.

•••
•••
•••
After I registered 100+ .mv names, I stopped the registration, but encouraged by the sales, I registered a few more names. How do you rate them?

ace.mv
aiot.mv
algo.mv
arm.mv
asgard.mv
assistant.mv
autonomous.mv
cast.mv
crypt.mv
dapp.mv
first.mv
ecosystem.mv