IT.COM

discuss .mv Maldivian domains, domain names the Maldives for Metaverse

NameSilo
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
Recently, domainers and project owners have started registering Maldivian domain names .mv, given that MV is an excellent abbreviation for the Metaverse. This idea first appeared and was discussed on the threads of this forum

Metaverse ~~Showcase your names and Discussion Thread

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

But due to the fact that these are threads for a broad discussion of domain names for the Metaverse, and the topic of Maldivian domain names has become popular, there is a need to create a separate topic for discussion of .mv domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Igor,

great, thanks.

Maybe we should start by listing the most famous .mv websites / domains, that we know so far...

What comes to my mind is for sure.... PARIS.MV

That's my favorite by now :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
and also listing the reserved list of .mv :xf.rolleyes:

•••
and also listing the reserved list of .mv :xf.rolleyes:
Please, go ahead.

I just wanted to give some examples on already running .mv websites, that are successful.

•••
When I started registering, the registrars answered that this is a small register, and there are no lists of reserved and prohibited names in it. These lists are created along the way and apparently are not rigid, the lists can be replenished and freed from some names.

•••
At $299 registration/name...can be with gold but no thanks

Last edited:
•••
At $200 registration/name...can be with gold but no thanks
Seems even more expensive, ~ $260 at 101domain and ~$300 at Marcaria.
But .mv names are worth it. I once thought that if I had money, I would try to create zones .meta and .metaverse. But when I read about the .mv zone on this forum, I was stunned. It turned out that an ideal zone for the Metaverse already exists and it is almost empty.

Last edited:
•••
But the names are worth it. I once thought that if I had money, I would try to create zones .meta and .metaverse. But when I read about the .mv zone on this forum, I was stunned. It turned out that an ideal zone for the Metaverse already exists and it is almost empty.
Do you think the registry got it?

•••
•••
But .mv names are worth it. I once thought that if I had money, I would try to create zones .meta and .metaverse. But when I read about the .mv zone on this forum, I was stunned. It turned out that an ideal zone for the Metaverse already exists and it is almost empty.
Your money not mine but me no
They dont reserve domains ( at least at first look )
Metas.mv is free for registration
Berlin.mv etc...
The fact that a company acquire Vegas.mv not meaning .mv have potential + expensive

•••
Perhaps each company will want to have its own home in the Metaverse. Buying or renting virtual land or a building is expensive, compared to that, the cost of .mv name is negligible.

•••
Hey Igor,

great, thanks.

Maybe we should start by listing the most famous .mv websites / domains, that we know so far...

What comes to my mind is for sure.... PARIS.MV

That's my favorite by now :xf.wink:

here are two more by real companies
hyperspace.mv
vegas.mv

•••
Your money not mine but me no
They dont reserve domains ( at least at first look )
Metas.mv is free for registration
Berlin.mv etc...
The fact that a company acquire Vegas.mv not meaning .mv have potential + expensive

right now it's all speculative
if more larger players adopt .mv, then it will only help boost .mv further
yes .mv is expensive to register, but so are a lot of other tlds and premiums
using .mv is great for metaverse since people are already using "MV" as keywords in their .com registrations
also .mv is shorter than a .meta or .metaverse
and if the registry gets their act together, may be cheaper going forward to register/renew .mv

I wouldn't go crazy and spend a lot registering a lot of .mv, but doesn't hurt to register a few in case .mv does take off and you regret it later

but hey just my humble opinion, do what you wish

Last edited:
•••
@Igor Gabrielan is there any way to pin a post to the top that is editable by all? or if you don't mind pinning and maintaining here is the list that we can grow on:

.mv in use (live sites)
hyperspace.mv
vegas.mv (BOTS company)
paris.mv (Paris Hilton)

.mv reserved/unavailable
BANK.MV
WWW.MV
CAT.MV
OCEAN.MV
OMNI.MV
OPENSEA.MV
PET.MV
RACING.MV
REIT.MV
SOCIAL.MV
TICKET.MV
TOP.MV
TOUR.MV
TOY.MV
TRADE.MV
WIKI.MV
GAME.MV
AUCTION.MV
OPEN.MV
PLAY.MV
XXX.MV
FASHION.MV
FIT.MV
AUTO.MV
SPORT.MV
JOBS.MV
POKER.MV
SHOW.MV
TECH.MV
GATE.MV
FIN.MV
DUNE.MV
TERRA.MV
LUXURY.MV
LOVE.MV

Last edited:
•••
Recently rejected
Design
Build
Agency

•••
@Igor Gabrielan is there any way to pin a post to the top that is editable by all? or if you don't mind pinning and maintaining here is the list that we can grow on:

.mv in use (live sites)
hyperspace.mv
vegas.mv (BOTS company)
paris.mv (Paris Hilton)

.mv reserved/unavailable
BANK.MV
WWW.MV
CAT.MV
OCEAN.MV
OMNI.MV
OPENSEA.MV
PET.MV
RACING.MV
REIT.MV
SOCIAL.MV
TICKET.MV
TOP.MV
TOUR.MV
TOY.MV
TRADE.MV
WIKI.MV
GAME.MV
AUCTION.MV
OPEN.MV
PLAY.MV
XXX.MV
FASHION.MV
FIT.MV
AUTO.MV
SPORTS.MV
SPORT.MV
JOBS.MV
POKER.MV
SHOW.MV
TECH.MV
GATE.MV
FIN.MV
DUNE.MV
TERRA.MV
LUXURY.MV
LOVE.MV
I don't know how to pin and make the post editable.

•••
@Igor Gabrielan I think with the new forum, you'll have to report the thread to the mods to make any changes.

•••
I don't know how to pin and make the post editable.
I think if you just edit your first post and include my list that way it will always appear at the top "pinnable"
not sure how others can edit but if you don't mind maintaining :)

•••
•••
I think if you just edit your first post and include my list that way it will always appear at the top "pinnable"
not sure how others can edit but if you don't mind maintaining :)
Now I can still edit the first post, but it won't last forever?
Probably soon I will lose the ability to edit it.

•••
Now I can still edit the first post, but it won't last forever?
Probably soon I will lose the ability to edit it.
if we want to get real fancy, just setup a free Google doc, put link to Google doc in the first post, then any one of us can edit the Google doc I think

•••
.MV is a wonderful fit for the metaverse, the whole story hugely dependant on how is serious this registry

•••
if we want to get real fancy, just setup a free Google doc, put link to Google doc in the first post, then any one of us can edit the Google doc I think
I can no longer edit posts in this thread. Time is gone.
I can make lists on my forum, but that would probably be too brazen.

Last edited:
•••
I can no longer edit posts in this thread. Time is gone.
I can make lists on my forum, but that would probably be too brazen.
LOL thanks for trying
I'm sure there is a way if we can contact the Namepro mods but I don't know how/who they are

•••
.MV is a wonderful fit for the metaverse, the whole story hugely dependant on how is serious this registry
the registry will get serious if they see an uptick in .mv registrations and uses, which I tend to believe they are. If they are smart, they would market .mv usage for Metaverse.

Last edited:
•••
Back