Dynadot

Musk wants to make "X - The everything app" and twitter will be a part of it

NameSilo
Watch

pranker

Established Member
Impact
Musk hasn’t done much with X.com — the website currently exists with just a single X on a white background. But when he agreed in May to acquire Twitter for $44 billion, he established a holding company that would swallow Twitter once the acquisition completed, and he named it X Holdings.

In a discussion with Twitter employees earlier in the acquisition process, Musk did bring up a desire to build a “super app,” a concept that has become ubiquitous in China, with offerings like WeChat, but has yet to find an equivalent in the U.S.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/e...y-be-part-of-x-the-everything-app-11664926184

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Technology will inevitably be man's downfall IMO when ecosystems fail. Welcome to the machine...

This is how we are looking for domains and posting on NP tho lol

bg.png

Last edited:
•••
How long before Zuck gets booted out of Faceplant? Some folk will be looking for someone to crucify for this metafail debacle.
Elon should buy Meta/Facebook for VR, he is a genius and I'm sure he would boost the metaverse development, but don't know if he believes in that. He would rather go to Mars in reality. Twitter is just to uncensor his voice/plans.

•••
Elon should buy Meta/Facebook for VR, he is a genius and I'm sure he would boost the metaverse development, but don't know if he believes in that. He would rather go to Mars in reality. Twitter is just to uncensor his voice/plans.

Opening the channel will hasten the madness. It happened on CB radio, and that was when people generally knew how to act like human beings.

•••
Technology will inevitably be man's downfall IMO when ecosystems fail. Welcome to the machine...

I was told by a very wise man 20 year ago, Technology will be our demise . No lie

•••
•••
He will be driving the taxi that connects the metaverse with Aunt Joan's pot luck dinner.

•••
Well for the moment is here
"Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk, the world’s richest person, has reportedly invited dozens of billionaires and celebrities for a special Halloween party at the Bran Castle in Romania. Also known as Dracula’s Castle, due to its association with the legendary ruler of Wallachia Vlad the Impaler, the Bran Castle is located near Brasov, in the heart of Romania." - :dead:

http://www.bran-castle.com/

Enjoy the view 🤗

bc.png

& this view :tightlyclosedeyes:

em.png

Last edited:
•••

What Twitter 2.0 Could Look Like Under Musk: Cryptocurrency and X​

•••
Bran castle, isn't that where they also pioneered FIBER optics?

•••
Curious to know what he's really up to..

•••
he can buy my domain:yolo.app

•••
When a multi billionaire narcissist overpays they initiate a mass culling of staff (see latest news) and lets their multi billionaire backers who have a horrendous human rights record have access to the backend of the platform....

Right Wing Musk + Saudi Backers = a more socially accepted version of Gab........

Free speech advocates must be wetting themselves......

•••
Just saw some interview clips of him talking about that.

He’s screwing up with this whole blue check mess. Basically all paid accounts right now plus 3 celebs Elon is paying for because he is a troll. Think a lot of lawsuits are coming his way since it’s much easy to impersonate people now plus some official government accounts are having issues. He should have left the blue checks alone

I imagine blue checks will also see an increase in spam, kind of like a chump mark.

Last edited:
•••
Just saw some interview clips of him talking about that.

He’s screwing up with this whole blue check mess. Basically all paid accounts right now plus 3 celebs Elon is paying for because he is a troll. Think a lot of lawsuits are coming his way since it’s much easy to impersonate people now plus some official government accounts are having issues. He should have left the blue checks alone

I imagine blue checks will also see an increase in spam, kind of like a chump mark.
Elon Musk doesn't seem to realize that the users are creating the content for Twitter, for free. They are the ones driving traffic to Twitter.

If anything they should be getting paid, not have to pay for some stupid ass checkmark.

Removing the blue checkmark is a terrible idea. It will lead to nothing but chaos and confusion with impersonation.

The way things are going, Twitter would probably make more money if you could pay to remove the blue checkmark. $8/month to not get clowned seems like a good price. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Twitter Demands Advertisers Pay for a Blue Check or Spend $1,000 a Month​

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-blue-advertisers-required-1850361922

Elon has deployed a lot of losing business strategies at Twitter. Now he's requiring a subscription to Twitter Blue for the privilege of running ads.

:facepalm:

You know, as time goes on, I don't think Musk is quite the genius some people think he is.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Twitter Demands Advertisers Pay for a Blue Check or Spend $1,000 a Month​

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-blue-advertisers-required-1850361922

Elon has deployed a lot of losing business strategies at Twitter. Now he's requiring a subscription to Twitter Blue for the privilege of running ads.

:facepalm:

You know, as time goes on, I don't think Musk is quite the genius some people think he is.

Brad
Was reading about Microsoft yesterday

Musk vows to sue as Microsoft drops Twitter from its ad platform​

https://arstechnica.com/information...microsoft-drops-twitter-from-its-ad-platform/

Microsoft Removes Twitter From Ad Program; Musk Threatens Suit​

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/microsoft-removes-twitter-ad-program-221121298.html

Elon Musk threatens to sue Microsoft over Twitter data​

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65332207
----------
He's doing a lot of things he wants, but people haven't asked for. I still don't see a simple edit button for tweets. Something as simple as something under 1 minute would work.

Last edited:
•••
Ah.

Microsoft is dropping Twitter from its advertising platform next week, nearly two months after Twitter announced that it will begin charging a minimum of $42,000 per month to users of its API, which include enterprises and research institutions.

Users began receiving emails about its new pricing details in early March, per a Wired report that observed at the time that the new pricing scheme “prices out nearly everyone.”

https://techcrunch.com/2023/04/19/microsoft-kicks-twitter-in-the-teeth/

Last edited:
•••
Government accounts have a grey check mark. Twitter didn't make money for decades. Cry baby celebs and journalist can afford $8. People aren't going to die.

Last edited:
•••
Musk should have kept the "legacy verified" tag, I thought it added nostalgic appeal to Twitter and a nod of respect to the og's that went through the legacy process to be verified. Like being grandfathered to the new process.

A better solution to monetize on verification moving forward from legacy would be using different color checks, eg.:

Green would be for anyone to be verified by paying the subscription. "This person has been verified".

Black and pink checks would be reserved for new "known" people, and paying the subscription. They would pay less, say $4, because they have proved they are the "known" entity.

Or whatever colors. And then of course there's the rest of us who just don't care about check or no check, we know we're us without it. I'd be cool with a poop emoji actually.

•••
Maybe you can take a look at Wechat, which makes many domain names useless.

•••
There is some block the blue stuff going around, even some browser extensions that will do it. Elon has been giving some of these accounts a blue check mark just to get back at them. Some people say this could be a problem and lead to lawsuits - False Endorsement

“Under Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act, false endorsement occurs when a person's identity is connected with a product or service in such a way that consumers are likely to be misled about that person's sponsorship or approval of the product or service."

There is no shortage of accounts showing exactly that

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••

Twitter restores ‘blue tick’ free of charge to celebrities in U-turn​

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-tick-free-of-charge-to-celebrities-in-u-turn

Public data shows that fewer than 500 of the 400,000 legacy users signed up, and almost as many users cancelled their subscription at the same time, for a net revenue increase of less than $300 a month.

:clown:

elon-musk-twitter-step-down-vote-feat-image.jpg
I don't believe the stats because it's coming from the guardian and they spew complete sh1t.

I notice that they go on about "block the blue" which sounds about right for the infantile freak people that Elon is dealing with in general on Twitter. People with too much time on their hands and have time to be troubled by things that mean nothing.

Last edited:
•••
When a multi billionaire narcissist overpays they initiate a mass culling of staff (see latest news) and lets their multi billionaire backers who have a horrendous human rights record have access to the backend of the platform....

Right Wing Musk + Saudi Backers = a more socially accepted version of Gab........

Free speech advocates must be wetting themselves......
Next they'll be having the football world cup in Qatar and all of the so called "be kind" pundits will be turning a blind eye to all kinds of atrocities and forcing their ideals on another nation in the name of tolerance...

Last edited:
•••
Next they'll be having the football world cup in Qatar and all of the so called "be kind" pundits will be turning a blind eye to all kinds of atrocities and forcing their ideals on another nation in the name of tolerance...
Which in turn might lead to a geo political rival buying a premier league football club......

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back