DAN.com

Moving Away From Godaddy

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by Keral_Patel, Oct 2, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Masay

Masay Established Member

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

I know. But if you use support chat, they will remove extra charges.

Its a big pain.

Thanks to a fellow namepros member motivating me, i was able to recover the 12 domains that were less than 30 days expired at Epik, and were were all completely removed from my account.

Yes, you read it right.a few weeks after expiration, they were removed completely.

I then had to change back the nameservers and re-add to Afternic.

At Dynadot, nothing happens at all until after 30 days past expiration.

So...if you renew on time, no worries but if you trail by a couple of weeks, at Epik, you will lose them, but you can get them back, it just takes some effort.

Epik should consider giving 30 days past expiration before completely removing domains.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  3. Grilled

Grilled Black Lives Matter VIP

FWIW, I contacted chat with this request last month; it took the CS rep less than two minutes to approve and apply. I was prepared for a headache, but turned out to be pleasantly surprised by the simplicity.

Still, I don't agree with the policy. Nor do I think it's fair to selectively apply these standards to the knowing and charge $90 to the unknowing. Though considering how epik.com/equality didn't really match todays cultural timing and seeing how epik is/was plagued by a laundry list of massive PR blunders, what is one to expect from a registrar known for providing services to websites that host far-right, Neo-Nazi, and other extremist content. Needless to say, equality doesn't seem to be a word used accurately by the current epik.com administration. 🐑🐺

Namesilo, Dynadot, Sav, PorkBun -- all top tier choices with low cost renewals/registrations.

4. Keral_Patel

Keral_Patel I'll do it

Moved 1 domain to EPIK to check the process flow. Once its done will be moving them all.

60 x 8.49 = 570 USD

In future once I have all moved there. I can just renew them all in less than 5 mins and get done with it for whole year. No more dramas of renewals.

5. Silentptnr

Then theres issues like this with GD..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  6. Donmarick

Donmarick Established Member

yeah renew/DNS change and many other things are very fast here and a lot of filters to make it even better.

7. studi

studi Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Godaddy is the worst. It's very expensive. It's hard to manage domains in bulk. Its website is very slow, and doesn't work frequently.
    I ever had more than 100 domains under GD, and bought more than 10 hosts. some hosts were renewed about 10 years because it's hard to move websites.
    I moved away all my domains. I don't renew all my hosts at last.
    Now I use Dynadot to manage most of my domains. Dynadot is cheap, very easy to manage domains in bulk. Recommend.

8. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

Anyone with the GD discount club? how much the renewals and transfers?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  9. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

Generally about 30-40% cheaper depending on extension.
    Visit your local version of - godaddy.com/domains/discount-domain-club - and it should list the prices for your currency.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  10. Silentptnr

As a follow up, here's a very nice email I got from Porkbun. Includes their renewal timeline.

porkbun-renewal.png

11. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

8.29 I think...maybe 8.49. I do have the DDC and picked it up for three years...there is another thread here that has helpful hints and discount code information...I saved quite a lot using their method. Now that they have initiated partial privacy, I have been picking up more names on their platform.

12. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

about halfway down the page. .com is $8.29

https://www.godaddy.com/domains/discount-domain-club

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  13. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

They have an EU VAT registration (EU826010755) and they send the collected VAT to MOSS.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice