Dynadot

Most Profitable Months For Domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which are the most profitable months for you?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • January

votes
    26.4%
  • February

votes
    16.1%
  • March

votes
    15.5%
  • April

votes
    14.9%
  • May

votes
    14.4%
  • June

votes
    13.2%
  • July

votes
    6.3%
  • August

votes
    12.1%
  • September

votes
    15.5%
  • October

votes
    17.8%
  • November

votes
    22.4%
  • December

votes
    31.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

TopBrandsForSale

NameFinest.comUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I noticed a drop in my parked domains views since the beginning of June.
I'm wondering when should I expect more "actions" (means views, price requests, offers, sales).

I guess it's from January till May and September/December.

But you probably know already better than me ;)

So that's the purpose of this poll!

Let's find out together :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
too sporadic for me to say, so i voted all 12. ty.

•••
I suspect people's responses will hinge, at least to some degree, on the "market" they are selling to.

If you're flipping to resellers then it's likely an "all year round" experience, with the exception of bigger player-buyers, those who buy in the aftermarket, chosing to make purchases at year's end for tax planning / taxation optimizing purposes.

Most of what moves from my portfolio moves to endusers with budgets >$10K-$100K for domain acquisition. Sales in this realm are fairly random, since players in this realm can make a move whenever they "get the go" from whomever holds final say on the corporate purse strings.

There may be corporate "quarterly / end of quarter considerations" when the $number$ go higher. I rarely ask or think about timing, but brokers I have worked with sometimes indicate that "quarterly factors" did play or are playing into final decision making.

•••
•••
Looks like we're coming up to the good months 🤞

•••
Where can I see these stats?

It could be interesting to compare the same months volume of the previous years too

From personal experience I believe that there are surges in domain sales each time the stock market or crypto crashes.

•••
From personal experience I believe that there are surges in domain sales each time the stock market or crypto crashes.
Are you sure about that?

•••
Hope all namepros friend can got a big sale !

•••
but @twiki says the opposite !

•••
always the last quarter of the year.

•••
I can see why December is popular

•••
The months I sell a lot of domains.

Seriously, domain sales are extremely random and I don't see any Month by Month logic to it.

For example, I'm currently having a great February, but February 2022 sucked.

•••
The months I sell a lot of domains.

Seriously, domain sales are extremely random and I don't see any Month by Month logic to it.

For example, I'm currently having a great February, but February 2022 sucked.

Would you mind to share in sales thread some of the current february sales ?

•••
Normally December brings a lot in, I am suprised January also voted by many. For me personally the first month of the year was usually dead. On the contrary this year started off pretty well.

•••
Surprised at how many people have had good months in December.. Personally, I've always had better luck at the start of the year as opposed to the end. January - May for me...

•••
I have data to go back a decade and what most would consider a large portfolio. I have never been able to pinpoint a high and low season. It is very sporadic. Even summer for example which most say is slow. I have had a July where i sell 2 and a July a year later sell 12 with no major macro event difference in the economy. I can say the same for almost any month of the year.

•••
January to December of 2020!

•••
•••
Oct, nov, dec and jan but 2022 q4 was very dry for me.

•••
The ones I sell the most domains in.

•••
Hi everyone, I noticed a drop in my parked domains views since the beginning of June.
I'm wondering when should I expect more "actions" (means views, price requests, offers, sales).

I guess it's from January till May and September/December.

But you probably know already better than me ;)

So that's the purpose of this poll!

Let's find out together :)
Indeed a good poll it is.

•••
Generally, September thru early November have been great for me.
Otherwise, Q1.

But the 2022-2023 bear market has grinded activity to a serious halt.

On the bright side, it looks like the macro situation will start to improve by the end of Q3.

•••
There should be an option for "None" at least, that's how I feel.

•••
•••
End users really like to gift themselves with a beautiful domain right before, during and right after the holidays.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back