IT.COM

Moniker is the most garbage domain registrar in the world

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
i have one name still with this registrar, and it is about to expire.

I still feel so frustrated and confused about how to renew my name. not even a button or clear direction to tell me how to make this happen.

continuous emails coming in with repetitive invoices and cancelation of invoices.

I have 9 dollar in the account, still have no idea how to apply that to the renew fee

customer service slow like ....

speechless

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check the name, then use the drop down to click Renew today, might be costing more than $9 though.

•••
@omelet Gosh I'm sorry, I rather like Moniker : ducks from rotten vegetables :

Yes you may have to change your setting to execute on Bank Transfer so it will take from your balance first

And @wwwweb is correct, if the cost is higher than your balance it will cause issues

What extension? Maybe easier / happier for you to transfer out?

Last edited:
•••
For me, the easiest route is: From far left column, under "DOMAINS" scroll to and select "Renew/Delete Domains" which will bring you to the proper panel for doing so, i.e. selecting the domain you wish to renew.

Moniker billing is a bit odd in that they do not complete the invoice until the process is completed (renewal, transfer, etc.). Also, as noted above, you may need to refill your account balance so as to have sufficient funds to cover the renewal invoice.

Hope this helps.

•••
For me, the easiest route is: From far left column, under "DOMAINS" scroll to and select "Renew/Delete Domains" which will bring you to the proper panel for doing so, i.e. selecting the domain you wish to renew.

Moniker billing is a bit odd in that they do not complete the invoice until the process is completed (renewal, transfer, etc.). Also, as noted above, you may need to refill your account balance so as to have sufficient funds to cover the renewal invoice.

Hope this helps.
thanks for ur tips. i can find the renew section, but the invoice thing is really confusing. I also have no idea where to pay

•••
Check the name, then use the drop down to click Renew today, might be costing more than $9 though.
but no where can pay

•••
@omelet Gosh I'm sorry, I rather like Moniker : ducks from rotten vegetables :

Yes you may have to change your setting to execute on Bank Transfer so it will take from your balance first

And @wwwweb is correct, if the cost is higher than your balance it will cause issues

What extension? Maybe easier / happier for you to transfer out?

i m going to transfer out later for sure. this is the very last name with this stupid registrar

•••
Why not transfer now? What extension?

•••
but no where can pay
contact support, telling them what you want to do, if you have enough funds they will take care of it for you.

I am guessing .com maybe costs more than $9

•••
•••
oh duh, I just realized you're proly wanting to use up the final credit so it's zero when you leave

OK what is the price for the renewal you want to do? Then if it is MORE than your $9 balance you fill have to add the difference FIRST then you can process the order. The problem then is if you are using PayPal they have a minimum, so you'll have to use credit card. So if you can add the price difference to your balance by clicking on Balance and Add Funds, then use your cc and wait for it to complete, then you should have no issue when you renew. HTH

Last edited:
•••
Why not transfer now? What extension?
it is .com

but the name has been expired in Dec 31. I tried to renew it in Dec 26, but have no idea how to renew and I sent email inquiries, but no responses....

I try to renew again today, still feel like ...... never experienced any similar poor and frustrated services in this 21 century world.

I think Moniker is suiciding

Last edited:
•••
oh duh, I just realized you're proly wanting to use up the final credit so it's zero when you leave
I want to use the 9 dollar

and pay the extra 2 dollar if they need

I remember in Dec 2014/2015, I experienced similar frustration......if I pay paypal, then I can only deposit 20 dollar or more, not 11 or 9 dollar.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I am pretty sure you can transfer an expired name, as long as you have auth code and you have access to the email on whois

Last edited:
•••
I am pretty sure you can transfer an expired name, as long as you have auth code and you hae access to the email on whois
let me give it a try, and thank you for yourhelp

•••
OK see if what I posted above about using your cc to add $2 will make it work

•••
I want to use the 9 dollar

and pay the extra 2 dollar if they need

I remember in Dec 2014/2015, I experienced similar frustration......if I pay paypal, then I can only deposit 20 dollar or more, not 11 or 9 dollar.
Doesn't work like that if you want to use paypal, you need to add $25, you are at their mercy if you choose to stay, just transfer out, and keep the $9 for a hand reg down the road.

Count the time you have spent, and put a dollar amount on it, it's not worth the frustration.

Move on...

•••
Authorization code
Authorization code
The domain is in the so called "Expire auction" phase. The authcode request for this domain has been deactived. The domain can be reactived through an renewal.

•••
crap, sorry. Can you try the add $2 by cc option?

•••
I have received various email invoices, with amount of 20, 30 dollar and so

•••
another confusion is that I dont know where to pay the exact amount....

there are two invoices asked me to pay wrong amount of money

•••
ignore all the invoices - the COM renewal is $12 and your balance is $9 so can you just add $3 by credit card to your balance? Or did they already tack on a redemption fee?

•••
what does the Job section do?

when i try to pay, there is a delayed invoice sent to me with wrong amount. When I cancel it, there is a cancelation email and invoice sent to me in a delayed time. then repeat

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 11.47.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 11.47.34 PM.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 39
•••
ignore all the invoices - the COM renewal is $12 and your balance is $9 so can you just add $3 by credit card to your balance? Or did they already tack on a redemption fee?
I think just 11 dollars

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back