Dynadot

discuss Mock Negotiation - Let's negotiate here week #3

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

As we are concluding the second negotiation here :
https://www.namepros.com/threads/mock-negotiation-lets-negotiate-here-week-2.1250841/

we have decided to bring to you another MOCK NEGOTIATION this week:

We know how tricky negotiations can be. It is a part and parcel of the domain name business. Even if we get the price for the domain name, that we were expecting, we feel like we left money on the table. And it happens time and again. So why not practice negotiation here:

Step 1: Members share the name which they would be willing to offer for sale
Step 2: I will be the buyer, the member whose domain is chosen becomes the seller
Step 3:
We appoint 1 member who doesn't belong to either party. Let's call him referee
Step 4:
Both buyer and seller share their minimum and maximum prices which they are willing to accept/offer respectively for the domain name
Step 5: We negotiate here on the thread with proper emails/texts. Everyone can view how you and I respond.
Step 6:
Buyer and seller can re-adjust their offer - buyer can increase the maximum that they are willing to offer, and seller can decrease the minimum that they are willing to take
Step 7: Either a deal is made or not
Step 8:
The appointed representative (referee) will share the buyer and seller minimum maximum
Step 9: We draw conclusions from the negotiation and the learnings

Please share your names so that we can pick one and start the process. The negotiation should last 1 week or less. Let's do this. The shortlist will be done tomorrow if we have ample entries.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@707domain You can submit your name here for this week's negotiation

•••
•••
All,

Keep more entries coming.
Look at our last negotiation here - https://www.namepros.com/threads/mock-negotiation-lets-negotiate-here-week-2.1250841/

@kartikahuja made me pay 20% over my maximum budget by beautifully asking the right questions. It was a beautiful experience and I thoroughly enjoyed negotiating with him. Maybe you should try negotiating here as well. I am going to negotiate this one. For the next one, I will let 2 members negotiate while I moderate the discussion.

Let us hone our negotiation skills.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Accepted. Good luck to all parties involved.

•••
•••
•••
Fantastic.. Let's start. Here is my first email:
Hi @mr-x

What is the price for CamperCare.com?

Last edited:
•••
Fantastic.. Let's start. Here is my first email:
Hi @mr-x

What is the price for CamperCare.com?

We are expecting $5000 for CamperCare.com. Can I ask how you plan to use campercare.com?

Last edited:
•••
We are expecting $5000 for CamperCare.com. Can I ask how you plan to use campercare.com?

Hi,

I provide camper repair, maintenance and other services through my company. This name looks like one of the options which we can go for.
I think $5000 is too high a price for the domain name. I can offer $750 for the domain name which seems to be a fair price.

•••
Hi,

I provide camper repair, maintenance and other services through my company. This name looks like one of the options which we can go for.
I think $5000 is too high a price for the domain name. I can offer $750 for the domain name which seems to be a fair price.

Camper Care is memorable, easy to say, invokes a feeling of empathy and perfectly describes a range of services for campers and motorhomes that can still be trademarked!

Camper and motorhome sales are up nearly 140% for the last two years. Industry projections say growth will continue through 2027.

With record breaking growth, there is a time sensitive opportunity to build a national brand providing extended warranty service, supplemental insurance, roadside assistance, pre-sale inspection, storage and repair.

All that for less than the cost of the average ad campaign. Are you the right buyer?

Last edited:
•••
Camper Care is memorable, easy to say, invokes a feeling of empathy and perfectly describes a range of services for campers and motorhomes that can still be trademarked!

Camper and motorhome sales are up nearly 140% for the last two years. Industry projections say growth will continue through 2027.

With record breaking growth, there is a time sensitive opportunity to build a national brand providing extended warranty service, supplemental insurance, roadside assistance, pre-sale inspection, storage and repair.

All that for less than the cost of the average ad campaign. Are you the right buyer?
Thanks for the details Mr-X.
I do understand where you are coming from. While I see potential opportunity in this industry, I think the domain is priced on the higher side and I have a limited budget.
If you can come down, we can meet somewhere in the middle. $5,000 is too out of my budget.

•••
Thanks for the details Mr-X.
I do understand where you are coming from. While I see potential opportunity in this industry, I think the domain is priced on the higher side and I have a limited budget.
If you can come down, we can meet somewhere in the middle. $5,000 is too out of my budget.

I'll accept $4,500. If that is a problem I can take $2500 up front and you can pay the balance off over the next 10 months, while using the domain.

I'll create an account for you at Enom, you will have full control of the domain but will be unable to transfer until the balance is paid.

Let's get it done.

•••
I'll accept $4,500. If that is a problem I can take $2500 up front and you can pay the balance off over the next 10 months, while using the domain.

I'll create an account for you at Enom, you will have full control of the domain but will be unable to transfer until the balance is paid.

Let's get it done.
Thanks for the consideration. I can do $2000 for this domain name but going above that would be extremely difficult. If you agree, we can start the transfer right away.

•••
Thanks for the consideration. I can do $2000 for this domain name but going above that would be extremely difficult. If you agree, we can start the transfer right away.

I can't discount the domain less than $4000. Do you offer any services besides maintenance and repair?

•••
I can't discount the domain less than $4000. Do you offer any services besides maintenance and repair?
No that's it.
I can come to $2500 but that is like pushing the limit. If you can come down, we can meet somewhere in the middle.

I offer services around maintenance and repair only.

•••
No that's it.
I can come to $2500 but that is like pushing the limit. If you can come down, we can meet somewhere in the middle.

I offer services around maintenance and repair only.

OK. I can come down to $3800.

Last edited:
•••
OK. I can come down to $3800.
Thank you for that. I see that CamperCare.co is available and would be something that I may be considering as the next best alternative.
Also, I see that you have put up $2,500 as the lowest offer for this on Godaddy. So, that is what I can close at. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars here and there but not more.

Looking forward to your final offer.

•••
Back