IT.COM

Mixed script "fake" IDN on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
-These are just a couple of many that are on featured domains at Sedo.com, there are very many!

Sedo had stopped allowing them for some time now but slipping back in to their old ways.

They are shown as IDN but they are simply mixed script, English and other languages cobbled together, to look like real English words. Many people have been caught out by this type of worthless rubbish in the past both on Sedo and on the various forums.

holíday.com

amerìca.com etc.

Well done NP's for removing many of them from the forum.

Make sure you don't get caught by them, particularly if you are new to domaining.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have advised Sedo twice now but it seems they don't care- again!
From what I've heard Sedo is owned by the same company that owns 1and1 so I'm really not that surprised.
We assume negligence on their part or ignorance when the easiest way to explain something is - greed.

•••
as i told you : you dont pay attention

ā.com = www.xn--yda.com

every smartphone has the ā
every tablet has the ā
every keyboard have xn--yda

ā search results :

Baidu : 百度为您找到相关结果约 4,890,000个
Bing : About 1,350,000 results
Google : About 16,100,000 results

Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 4.38.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 4.38.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 4.38.18 PM.png

•••
in germany we have ä ( a with diaeresis )

ärzte.de ( doctors ) sold for 56.000.-Euro ( we live with IDN )

bürostühle.de 2011 5000,- EUR ( office chairs )
blöd.de 2008 2500,- EUR( stupid )
bäcker.de 2007 3356,- EUR( baker )
übersetzer.de 2006 19500,- EUR( translater )

you have to think international

what about chinese ?

domain = 域 Yù

how do you find this on your keyboard ?

you are trapped in a cave ( if you dont open yourself )

vrgamesking.com
该域名正在出售!
售价:
出价*
您的出价:

达成协议就意味着最终成交。

*请注意:任何您所提交的出价都将自动具备法律约束绑定的七 (7) 天有效期。如果对方在此7天内接受您的价格,双方则必须成交!

域名数据
此 Sedo 出价页面的访客:

41 (月到日)

全新推出! 核心数据:

查看域名值指标

出价描述
VRGamesKing.com
VRGameKings.com
VRGamesKings.com

查看完整描述

•••
From what I've heard Sedo is owned by the same company that owns 1and1 so I'm really not that surprised.
We assume negligence on their part or ignorance when the easiest way to explain something is - greed.

you are trapped in a cave

•••
as i told you : you dont pay attention

ā.com = www.xn--yda.com

every smartphone has the ā
every tablet has the ā

No they don't have this key. They need to hold the "a" key pressed to generate "ā".If they have Windows installed it is far more complicated.

Also how many people do know how to do this? No one does. You would have to advertise the domain with instructions on how to type it it.

Example:

ā.com

To visit this domain follow the following instructions:

On Mac press the "a" key and hold. Then add .com.

On Windows Click on the Windows Start menu, then All Programs (Start » All Programs) on the lower left of your screen. Select Programs » Accessories » System Tools » Character Map etc.

every keyboard have xn--yda

How many people can convert Unicode to Punycode in their head? No one can.

How many people know what punycode is? No internet user understands this.

ā search results :

Baidu : 百度为您找到相关结果约 4,890,000个
Bing : About 1,350,000 results
Google : About 16,100,000 results

If you can not reach the website it doesn't mean anything.

in germany we have ä ( a with diaeresis )

ärzte.de ( doctors ) sold for 56.000.-Euro ( we live with IDN )

bürostühle.de 2011 5000,- EUR ( office chairs )
blöd.de 2008 2500,- EUR( stupid )
bäcker.de 2007 3356,- EUR( baker )
übersetzer.de 2006 19500,- EUR( translater )

you have to think international

what about chinese ?

domain = 域 Yù

These are very misleading examples. German keyboards have ä keys by default and Chinese learn how to generate their characters with pinyin at school.

No one learns or knows or has a keyboard that can type ā. Thus no internet user knows how to reach this website. There is a reason why this domain was registered recently. No one wanted it.

•••
every chinese letter is IDN
every greek letter is IDN
every thai letter is IDN

so

who is the measure of all things ?

•••
No they don't have this key. They need to hold the "a" key pressed to generate "ā".If they have Windows installed it is far more complicated.

Also how many people do know how to do this? No one does. You would have to advertise the domain with instructions on how to type it it.

Example:

ā.com

To visit this domain follow the following instructions:

On Mac press the "a" key and hold. Then add .com.

On Windows Click on the Windows Start menu, then All Programs (Start » All Programs) on the lower left of your screen. Select Programs » Accessories » System Tools » Character Map etc.

How many people can convert Unicode to Punycode in their head? No one can.

How many people know what punycode is? No internet user understands this.

If you can not reach the website it doesn't mean anything.

as i told you :

you are trapped in a cave

dont,s think only in english ( english is a west germanic language )

all lessons for free

•••
Ā, lowercase ā, is a grapheme, a Latin A with a macron, is used in several orthographies.

In some languages Ā is used to denote a long A. Examples are the Baltic languages, Polynesian languages, some romanizations of Japanese (rōmaji), Persian, Pashto, and Arabic, and some Latin texts (especially for learners). In Romanised Mandarin Chinese (pinyin) it is used to represent A spoken with a level high tone (first tone). It is used in some orthography-based transcriptions of English to represent the diphthong /eɪ/, and also in commercial names such as Drāno and Powerāde.

In the International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration, Ā represents the open back unrounded vowel, आ, not to be confused with the similar Devanagari character for the mid central vowel, अ.

In the languages other than Sanskrit,[1] Ā is sorted with other A's and is not considered a separate letter. The macron is only considered when sorting words that are otherwise identical. For example, in Māori, tāu (meaning your) comes after tau (meaning year), but before taumata (hill).

You have to accept that there are more than only 1 language

•••
every chinese letter is IDN
every greek letter is IDN
every thai letter is IDN

so

who is the measure of all things ?

Neither a Chinese or a Greek or a Thai would know how to type or reach ā.com. So this is an extremely misleading example.

•••
Neither a Chinese or a Greek or a Thai would know how to type or reach ā.com. So this is an extremely misleading example.
yda.jpg

•••

you know nothing about your history

•••
•••
you should not think in english only

this is an disadvantage

•••
you should not think in english

This had nothing to do with a foreign language. These are characters that are hardly being used in ANY language in everyday life.

•••
no
you don,t accept that because you don,t understand that

very simple example for IDN

Alessandra Corine Maria Ambrósio (Portuguese pronunciation: [aleˈsɐ̃dɾɐ ɐ̃ˈbɾɔzju]; born April 11, 1981)[1] is a Brazilian model and actress. Ambrosio is known for her work with Victoria's Secret and was chosen as the first spokesmodel for the company's "PINK" line. Ambrosio is currently one of the Victoria's Secret Angels and has modeled for brands such as Next, Armani Exchange, Christian Dior, and Ralph Lauren.

Ambrosio serves as an ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.[5] In 2012, she was ranked number six on Forbes' list of the highest-paid models, estimated to have earned $6.6 million in one year.[6] She is often cited by the popular media as one of the world's sexiest women.[7] As an Angel, she was chosen as one of People magazine's annual "100 Most Beautiful People in the World" in May 2007.

1. Mandarin 1,000 millions
2. English 450 million
3. Hindi nearly 400 million
4. Spanish 370 million
5. Russian ( cyrillic ) nearly 300 million
6. Arabic more than 200 million
7. Bengali nearly 200 million
8. Portuguese nearly 200 million
9. Malay-Indonesian 150 million
10. Japanese 130 million
11. German 120 million

do you need more lessons ?
do you understand spanish ?
do you understand portugues ?

i guess not

so you are trapped in a cave

•••
Back to the basics

there is no FAKE IDN domain
if you can register a domain it is ligitime

or why Tim Berner,s Lee made this possible ?
what ya think ?

don,t be stubborn like a child

•••
Ambrósio

Portuguese keywords have an ó so most portuguese speakers know how to type ó but no one knows how to type your a.

See difference:

ó.com
xn--kda.com

Registered 2001 Value: Probably not that high but at least it has some potential.

ā.com
xn--yda.com

Registered 2015. Value zero.

•••
You don't decide here any value

•••
The Mona Lisa has no value for me
But some people would pay millions

•••
You don't decide here any value

The market will decide what a domain is worth. Until you registered it last year it had decided that it wasn't worth regfee.

•••
•••
ā

0 global Google broad searches a month.

No one in the world searches for this or types it in the search engine.

•••
You are driving on the wrong side

Last edited:
•••
•••
Don't search
find

You can't find a website with this domain. That was my point.

I don't think I will reply further to this as I have other things to do. I have already said everything and I think I have explained why this character isn't used in everyday life communication and why people (regardless of nationality and language) wouldn't know how to type this.

You can continue to promote the domain here and of course I won't decide what the value of this domain is. If you find a buyer good for you. Personally I think even in the reseller market there are still many opportunities out there and I don't understand why you are wasting your time with these questionable names.

You can make far more money buying diferent type of domains. It is also more fun. It is your time and your money though, not mine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back