IT.COM

strategy Mixed portfolio, how to optimize parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Xcytr Domain Names

Looking to sell one to two word .com domainsEstablished Member
Impact
I have been casually marketing domains for several years, but am not knowledgeable about optimizing my portfolio for parking revenue. I have tried a couple of times in the past with zero benefits. My portfolio is ~50 domains and all are registered through GoDaddy. I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to proceed and make my domains work for me with parking strategies until I can get sales up.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much traffic per month are you getting from 50 domains ?

•••
How much traffic per month are you getting from 50 domains ?
Unfortunately, not much. How can I increase traffic? Sorry for the basic question. I just bought and sold before, now I need to develop my portfolio a bit more before the domains become sellable.

•••
If the traffic isn't much then it doesn't really matter which parking you use. I'd recommend BODIS as I use them myself.

•••
I have been casually marketing domains for several years, but am not knowledgeable about optimizing my portfolio for parking revenue. I have tried a couple of times in the past with zero benefits. My portfolio is ~50 domains and all are registered through GoDaddy. I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to proceed and make my domains work for me with parking strategies until I can get sales up.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

you can add/list your domains to afternic.com, then change nameservers to ns1.afternic.com/ns2.afternic.com

by doing this, all your domains will now have pay per click ads on each page.

then, you can go in afternic and add prices or set them to "make offer".

you can also add them to sedo and try to sell there or use bodis.com or parkingcrew for parking

use parts of some or all of one, it's up to you.

imo...

•••
Thank you. I appreciate the advice.

•••
If the traffic isn't much then it doesn't really matter which parking you use. I'd recommend BODIS as I use them myself.
Thank you for the advice.

•••
Don't waste your time focusing on pennies. Focus on dollars.

Set your prices, choose sales landers and casually market your domains.

Note: If you're marketing them while parked, they could potentially get banned from parking.

•••
Thank you. I didn't realize the parked domains cannot be cross marketed for sales.

•••
If the traffic isn't much then it doesn't really matter which parking you use.
Hi

how much traffic, is considered "not much"?
because it always depends on the actual domains in question, their terms, the epc and ctr.

which parking you use, can/may matter as well.
some names do better on parkingcrew or sedo than on bodis and some do better on bodis than others.
but you'd never know unless you tried them

imo...

Thank you. I didn't realize the parked domains cannot be cross marketed for sales.
Hi

i've been parking domains since 2004 and never had any problem selling them.

imo...

•••
Hi

how much traffic, is considered "not much"?
because it always depends on the actual domains in question, their terms, the epc and ctr.

which parking you use, can/may matter as well.
some names do better on parkingcrew or sedo than on bodis and some do better on bodis than others.
but you'd never know unless you tried them

imo...

Hi

i've been parking domains since 2004 and never had any problem selling them.

imo...
Thanks for the input. I have them parked on GoDaddy at the moment and haven't had much luck generating anything. Maybe Bodis would be better? What benefits do they provide to help members?

•••
Thanks for the input. I have them parked on GoDaddy at the moment and haven't had much luck generating anything. Maybe Bodis would be better? What benefits do they provide to help members?
Bodis banned me right after I input my details, again there reason was for "spike in traffic" and they are famous for banning new accounts and only lucky few are not banned. So again if you just want pennies as stated by other members earlier then parking is the way if you want real cash, then for emd domains just write few articles one with lesss competetion, even 4 -10 articles means alot more then simple parking and that would be the way to go as I think you already have adsense approved ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back