Dynadot

.tv Miraculous.tv sold for $7500 at Sedo!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Miraculous.tv sold for $7500 at Sedo!

Note: Not affiliated to sale.

Thanks,
A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I posted a dislike because it's an awful name and a worse extension. Who buys this crap? Please level with me was it just a marketing stunt?

•••
I posted a dislike because it's an awful name and a worse extension. Who buys this crap? Please level with me was it just a marketing stunt?
.tv has a good sales history....this is not a strong keyword - .com | .net | .org not developed for example.....so is quite impressive

Worth waiting to see what happens with the domain before passing judgement

•••

I implore you to do your own research.

•••
•••
First off the bat it's a tongue twister many people will have difficulty spelling. Second off the bat it's got the unusual extension. Why complicate things? Unless you're a linguist and reside in Tuvalu.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
First off the bat it's a tongue twister many people will have difficulty spelling. Second off the bat it's got the unusual extension. Why complicate things? Unless you're a linguist and reside in Tuvalu.

I don't think you've studied the historical sales, online exposure and end user development path of .TV domain names to the point at which you can simply conclude that the name would only be adequate enough for a linguist in Tuvalu.

I again implore you to do your own research. You'll be surprised with what you'll find :xf.wink:.

•••

The reality is it doesn't matter what you think or feel. The sale happened and has been validated. I can give tons of examples of other names in extensions that make 0 sense but they do sell. It's part of the game.

A

•••
"The reality is it doesn't matter what you think or feel. The sale happened and has been validated. I can give tons of examples of other names in extensions that make 0 sense but they do sell. It's part of the game"

It does matter if it's a marketing ploy aimed at inflating the value of the name in order to gain attention. In this case I was wrong because I hadn't undertaken any research and I quickly said so. You can all get off of the bandwagon now. It's still an atrocious name in my opinion, and that's what forums are for. Opinion. Just because someone buys a mud hut for diamonds doesn't mean the mud hut is valuable to anyone else.

Last edited:
•••
"The reality is it doesn't matter what you think or feel. The sale happened and has been validated. I can give tons of examples of other names in extensions that make 0 sense but they do sell. It's part of the game"

It does matter if it's a marketing ploy aimed at inflating the value of the name in order to gain attention. In this case I was wrong because I hadn't undertaken any research and I quickly said so. You can all get off of the bandwagon now. It's still an atrocious name in my opinion, and that's what forums are for. Opinion. Just because someone buys a mud hut for diamonds doesn't mean the mud hut is valuable.

I am not on any bandwagon. I have been cranking in .TV for 16 years and nothing comes close to the ROI. People like you make it even better for me to keep acquiring "trash" names and making profit. Good luck.

A

•••
"People like you make it even better for me to keep acquiring "trash" names and making profit"

Let's not get personal with "people like you" comments. I didn't say YOUR names were trash. Admittedly I was wrong about the .tv extension generalisation, and have admitted my lack of research and knowledge in your expert area. I'm going to make lots of MISTAKES on the path to becoming a BETTER domain trader. However in this instance, as a newbie, I don't appreciate being chastised for having an (uninformed) opinion.

"Good luck"

Thanks, same to you. Let's just let it go.

Last edited:
•••
"People like you make it even better for me to keep acquiring "trash" names and making profit"

Let's not get personal with "people like you" comments. I didn't say YOUR names were trash. Admittedly I was wrong about the .tv extension generalisation, and have admitted my lack of research and knowledge in your expert area. I'm going to make lots of MISTAKES on the path to becoming a BETTER domain trader. However in this instance, as a newbie, I don't appreciate being chastised for having an (uninformed) opinion.

"Good luck"

No worries. Let's move forward.

•••

"Good luck"

A good lesson that will take you very far at this stage of your learning curve would be to observe rather than wasting your time opining on niches you don't understand. When I started domaining I spent months lurking on NP without much commentary on anything because I was completely overwhelmed with the wealth of information this forum offers to newbies. No one has chastised you...when you look back on this thread one year from now (if you're still in the game, many quit early) you'll realize that everyone is simply trying to push you in the right direction.

Good luck and @Ammudamus thank you for sharing as always!

•••
@kite26 Makes me think about "Definitely" ...

•••
A good lesson that will take you very far at this stage of your learning curve would be to observe rather than wasting your time opining on niches you don't understand. When I started domaining I spent months lurking on NP without much commentary on anything because I was completely overwhelmed with the wealth of information this forum offers to newbies. No one has chastised you...when you look back on this thread one year from now (if you're still in the game, many quit early) you'll realize that everyone is simply trying to push you in the right direction.

Good luck and @Ammudamus thank you for sharing as always!

I need to do a better job of welcoming newer folks to the industry and extension. I know it can feel overwhelming as we all need guidance at some point. Let's do better and keep helping. I am learning every day myself.

A

•••
@Ammudamus I re-read my first reply and it was very dismissive and rude of your original post. I need to be more careful about that in future. @slader23 Thank you for your wise words.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations, great sale! Wish you many more like this one :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back