Dynadot

.com Mike Mann sells WeAreParents.com

NameSilo
Watch

vanvinh

Established Member
Impact
In a facebook post, Mike Mann indicated he recently sold the domain name WeAreParents.com $7000, purchased 10/16/16 $20

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
His attitude is exactly what everyone else outside this game thinks we are like.

Sell a name, then gloat about the purchase price, making the buyer look like a schmuck.

Arrogant, self-servicing and really a stain on this industry. Goes without saying really, I mean look at his abuse of trademarks.

•••
Don't believe everything you read.

•••
I am beginning to raise my eyebrows with all this supposed Mike Mann sales. Does anyone collect all this sales as I would like to investigate further into it. A lot of strange things happens in this industry.

Last edited:
•••
I am beginning to raise my eyebrows with all this supposed Mike Mann sales. Does anyone collect all this sales as I would like to investigate further into it. A lot of strange things happens in this industry.

If you investigate further let us know what you find out!

•••
First....he has a reputation with his clients and in the industry.
Second....he knows how to "paint the picture" for his clients
Third....he probably also offers auxillary services to help them use the domain

If you are good, and can show an end user that they will get an extra sale or two (maybe much more) by investing in a particular domain name....and they have the money...it's not a hard sell. For all we know, he has businesses that call him for help increasing their business!

People wonder how I do so well in my industry. It's because I have been doing it for 30 years, have a reputation, and I am exceptional at "painting the picture".

•••
There is a live trademark for "We Are Parents" from 2015 by Dun and Bradstreet which is a publicly traded company with almost 2 billion in revenue.

http://www.trademarkia.com/weareparents-86200776.html

Mann probably took an $8 bet after seeing the live trademark and it paid off. When you have 250,000 domains these minimal bets are placed often and some hit and some don't.

•••

i'm taking this from someone else's research, but i think his turn rate is 0.67%

If your average sale price is $2,600 your break even turn rate would be 0.3846% (excluding admin and all other fee's)

http://onlinedomain.com/2016/12/19/domain-name-news/much-mike-mann-making-domain-names-per-year/

•••
Wonder if the buyer would be interested in WeAreMorons.com also

•••
When dealing with an unprofessional domainer, the buyer is ashamed to pay more than $50.
When dealing with a celebre domainer, the buyer brags if he pays a large sum.

•••
There is a live trademark for "We Are Parents" from 2015 by Dun and Bradstreet which is a publicly traded company with almost 2 billion in revenue.

http://www.trademarkia.com/weareparents-86200776.html

Mann probably took an $8 bet after seeing the live trademark and it paid off. When you have 250,000 domains these minimal bets are placed often and some hit and some don't.

Well found. That is typical Mann style. Look for a trademark then reg the name. If TM abuse came with a prison sentence (ie: knowingly abusing a trademark or using a trademark for your own personal gain) then he would be in jail.

Once again Mann you rock at sh***ing on this industry.

•••
Well, he didn't register it. It's been registered since 2008, but he did buy it recently.

•••
I have very nice name that a SF based tech startup really interested in. 3 months ago we had the very first negotiation, then two weeks ago the second talk......I tried to learn Mike's way to deal with this business- which to set a premium price (but still much lower than MikeMann's average price). Unfortunately, the buyer just doesnt give me a fark. I feel so lonely......

•••
•••
I do not think its a crazy sale. I sold similar names in 1-3K range. 7 K is a good price, but nothing crazy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back