Dynadot

advice Mike Mann Selling Strategies

NameSilo
Watch

MrOriginal

Established Member
Impact
Has Mike Mann ever written about how he goes about finding buyers for all of his domain sales? While many at this point are probably on reputation from his DomainMarket site, I'm sure he does a lot of hustling as well.

I will always see his recent sells around here and always am surprised by how much money he earns for domains I wouldn't even register for $100; such as:

TheHealingTree.com $20,000. Purch 9/23/11 $120.
PortobelloAmerica.com $9,888. Purch 4/9/17 $70.

He is clearly doing something different and managing to find some of the best possible buyers to get this kind of cash for these kind of domains... how is he doing it? How is he finding these clearly hyper-targeted buyers who pay top dollar?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I happened to end up at Mike Mann's Domain Market when researching a domain name on the weekend. I had never actually looked in detail what he has up for, it would seem, most or all of his domains. The promotion is very effective. While it is boilerplate it feels right, and he right there makes a strong case for both why premium domains are worth it and in particular why you should purchase from them. If you've not looked recently, check it out. I just randomly selected this one cause I like penguins.

https://www.domainmarket.com/buynow/penguinclassic.com

I think we all could learn a lot by looking at what he does. I mean we will never have a portfolio the size of his, but we can apply his model of making the case for premium domains and why we are a good person to deal with in your domain purchase. Yes, he sells a lot because he has a lot to sell. He gets high prices because he demands them. But I think there is another factor - he is a professional at effective domain presentation.

Bob
I get a 403 Forbidden error message when trying to visit DomainMarket.com. Anyone else having this issue?

•••
I get a 403 Forbidden error message when trying to visit DomainMarket.com. Anyone else having this issue?
No problem connecting here.

•••
I think we all could learn a lot by looking at what he does. I mean we will never have a portfolio the size of his, but we can apply his model of making the case for premium domains and why we are a good person to deal with in your domain purchase. Yes, he sells a lot because he has a lot to sell. He gets high prices because he demands them. But I think there is another factor - he is a professional at effective domain presentation.

It definitely nice looking page. big fonts, prof designed, '100% Satisfaction Guaranteed', good job..

•••

No problem for me. If you use a VPN have you tried it with and without in case he has some VPN services blocked?

•••
No problem for me. If you use a VPN have you tried it with and without in case he has some VPN services blocked?
I'm not using any VPN service. I have tried different browsers but it doesn't help.

•••
I'm not using any VPN service. I have tried different browsers but it doesn't help.

Hmm are you trying the main site, or going directly to a listing as in the link earlier in this thread? Or do both not working?

I have tried both Chrome and Safari (both on Mac) multiple different days and it works fine on both of them. Sorry can't easily try any other browsers but when I am able to try Windows where I volunteer I will check out with their computers.

Very strange that something as big as Domain Market would not work for all browsers/countries. Sorry can't think of anything else to try.

•••
Hmm are you trying the main site, or going directly to a listing as in the link earlier in this thread? Or do both not working?

I have tried both Chrome and Safari (both on Mac) multiple different days and it works fine on both of them. Sorry can't easily try any other browsers but when I am able to try Windows where I volunteer I will check out with their computers.

Very strange that something as big as Domain Market would not work for all browsers/countries. Sorry can't think of anything else to try.
I've tried the main site and the listing. I'm also on a mac.

Didn't work on my phone either, BUT when I turned off wifi on the phone it worked! So, it's my router/IP that's being blocked for some reason.

•••
In January 2018 Mike Mann's Domain Market reported selling CryptoWorld.com for a stunning $195,000. Today, 9-mos later WHOIS still says it's for sale at domainmarket.com and resolving to a DM landing page.

Isn't that incredible, after all that time and all that cash domain ownership never changed and the buyer never even bothered to at least park or forward the name to their website!
Fake news?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back