IT.COM

news Mike Mann drops 50,000 domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Fun fact: in his whole portfolio of ~300,000 domains, there are a total of 30-40 with hyphens.

•••
you see
NOBODY

in Germany ever uses the word
"uber"

the German word is
"ΓΌber"

dictionary.com

uber-
prefix
A prefixal use of uber, adverb and adjective, with the basic meaning β€œover, beyond.” It is added to adjectives and nouns to form compounds (uberstylish; uberchefs): a hyphen is sometimes used in new coinages or in any words whose component parts it may be desirable to set off distinctly (uber-luxe).
Also ΓΌber-

In the English language "ΓΌ" is usually written as "u".
The concept of "ue" is unknown.

Also, "ΓΌ" in domain names was originally not possible.
How many American companies have an IDN domain with "ΓΌ" or "ΓΆ"?

For Americans ΓΌber=uber.

MΓΌllers who immigrated to the USA have usually "Muller" in their U.S. passports. "Mueller" would be rather an exception, or the spelling Mueller was already used in Germany.

Last edited:
•••
any idea where to find the list of the domains ?

•••
the spelling Mueller was already used in Germany.

Mueller is common as well in Germany
but far less then MΓΌller
which is the most common name in Germany meaning Miller
-and happens to be mine as well-

•••
do u guys think he spends a lot of time deciding what to keep or drop? I mean most of us are careful...analyze and consider.. what to renew ..drop ..cant be random for him... even with such huge folio ...

also is his whole folio similar quality names?

•••
•••
•••
some nice names on the list, though. e.g.
society / org
..... and other 100 or so.

Do your research on the names on the list, find out which names are still available.

Last edited:
•••
Society.org was sold for big bucks.
The list is not perfect. Please read my posts to understand what is in the list.

some nice names on the list, though. e.g.
society / org
..... and other 100 or so.

•••
Society.org was sold for big bucks.
The list is not perfect. Please read my posts to understand what is in the list.
I read and understood you clearly:
"
It took me a few days to complete the 2 lists so some of the available domains may now be registered or some of the domains that were in pending delete or in the redemption period may now be available to register or registered already. Some of the soon to available domains may be caught by dropcatching services. Again you have to do your own research with the lists below. Some domains of the 50,000 list may also be dropping in the next couple of months."

So anyone interested should do his/her research on the names on the list to find out which names are still available.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back