IT.COM

New Domain Name Appraisal from Mike Mann's AccurateAppraisals.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yusupbabay

presiden.comTop Member
Impact
3D2420AD-B2C4-4A0E-B387-F42C303A6A0C.png

This is one of the first domain name appraisals from Mike Mann’s AccurateAppraisals.com. Appraisals cost $88 for each domain name and the final price is the average price from 3 appraisers.

What is your opinion?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Could you imagine if someone paid $88 and their Valuation came back to $0/Zero? Oh wait that's not possible, is it now?!

no. I am afraid that is not possible.

•••
•••
Any guesses what GotBridgeToSell.com would be appraised at with AA?

•••
•••
•••
How is that domain appraised more than these domains that sold for less..;
can.com
great.com
spend.com
what.com
single.com

and many more one word domains..
@Mike Mann care to purchase that domain for at least $500,000? There's an opportunity to make $761,555 -- and you can't say anything since it's your professionals that are appraising it.

•••
these apparaisals are not accurate.
the good name and reputation of such great domainer are gambled with here by participating in such activities. imo

•••
these apparaisals are not accurate.

This.
Yet people still buy them. The people who buy them will never sell them based on the appraisal (and in a lot of cases won't be able to give them away).
The only financial winner is the person selling the appraisal.

•••
Any guesses what GotBridgeToSell.com would be appraised at with AA?

Does it matter? Think of a number. That is as accurate and you just saved $$

•••
In real estate here in the US, people are very comfortable with a site called Zillow. In domains, most average people are comfortable with a site called Godaddy. Most people would probably trust and know Godaddy more than any other domain website. I see GD appraisals, accurate or not, being more trusted by consumers generally.

As to these appraisals that have been shared, I just don't agree with them. Here's why:

NorthernCalifornia.org sold for $1400 in 2011. Godaddy appraisal today...$1665.
SouthernCalifornia.tv sold for $1100 in 2011. Godaddy appraisal today....$141.

SouthernCalifornia.com appraised at AccurateAppraisals...$1,261,555
SouthernCalifornia.com appraised at Godaddy...$7171.

Now, GoDaddy appraises SoCal.com at $11,643. Would AccurateAppraisals appraise it for $5 mil or something crazy?

I just fail to see the use of an appraisal without supporting data, comparable sales, etc.

By the way, California.co sold for $4360 in 2015....Godaddy appraises at $5821 today.

In my business, real estate, all appraisals must have all supporting data.

I would say these appraisals are more like "Brand Appraisals" and not really "Domain Only Appraisals".

So @Mike Mann , may I suggest you buy my BrandAppraisals.com for $234,555. :)

Enjoy!

•••
It's simply not possible for any automated appraisal to be accurate because there is no 'formula' for a sale price. It all depends on how much the buyer is willing to pay and how much the seller is willing to accept. Think of it as a Venn diagram. The interception is the range of sale prices. Each buyer and seller is different. Automatic appraisals know this, they want you to keep buying more appraisals and making them money, so they give you a high appraisal. It makes you feel better about spending your money but it means nothing in the sales market. This is a harsh lesson that people normally learn quickly when they first enter the domain industry. It is common to see appraisal scams in emails but for some reason nowadays 'veteran' domainers seem to be at it. I'm not surprised about GD - they are the lowest denominator in domains and I'm sure they would sell their own children for a few dollars.

Last edited:
•••
It's simply not possible for any automated appraisal to be accurate because there is no 'formula' for a sale price. It all depends on how much the buyer is willing to pay and how much the seller is willing to accept. Think of it as a Venn diagram. The interception is the range of sale prices. Each buyer and seller is different. Automatic appraisals know this, they want you to keep buying more appraisals and making them money, so they give you a high appraisal. It makes you feel better about spending your money but it means nothing in the sales market. This is a harsh lesson that people normally learn quickly when they first enter the domain industry. It is common to see appraisal scams in emails but for some reason nowadays 'veteran' domainers seem to be at it.

I agree, but I also know there is *Theory Of Substitution* which says that if a consumer can have a nearly identical product for much less money, they most often choose the less expensive option. Particularly when the difference is $10 versus 1.2 million.

For 1.2 million, I could buy a couple of southern california homes, a great new domain, and lunch on the beach. :)

•••
As sellers always love to quote - 'UNIQUE domain for sale' :p This is actually true. Domains are unique. Therefore even less basis to believe an automated appraisal. The theory of substitution could apply to some buyers but not others. It depends on their motivation. Again.. something an automated appraisal can't possibly know.

•••
I would be soooooo happy to own SouthernCalifornia.today for $4.99 and keep 1.2 mill in the bank.

These super high values for anything other than ultra premium, single, common, dictionary words seem unrealistic.

•••
Domains are like real estate, but I also see them as a form of expression almost like art.

As you mentioned, the true value is what a buyer is willing to pay or what a seller is willing to accept.

In the end, I just don't see the purpose of the appraisals. Might be cool for conversation, but in the real world, I see many other ways to invest $88.

•••
The difference with real estate is you could have two almost identical properties both next to each other for sale. If they are the same price it really doesn't matter which you choose. As there can't be two domains the same this makes a difference. But I agree a lot of domaining is like real estate. I wonder if the same people who email to buy a domain whilst moaning 'you're not even using it so I should have it for cost' go round to empty properties and tell the owners the same :p

•••
I also believe it is not true that the numbers are the averages of three.

Did you notice that the values end in 888, 555...?

And that they carefully avoid number 4, as if these are Chinese premiums?

•••
Oh, and, of course, the price of appraisal at lucky 88. Someone is getting lucky and it is not the buyer.

•••
the purpose of the appraisals

Some of banks or company fin. department or bookkeeper (tax game) ask for appraisal before loan or investment approval ( in essence bureaucracy ). Been there 2x, moody, under the table business.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back