IT.COM

.com Mike Man just sold WholesomeChild.com for $24,888.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

levinsondomains

Established Member
Impact
Mike's linkedin:
Holy closer Batman, sold WholesomeChild.com $24,888. Purch 10/21/17 $20. Annual return?
24,340% return.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sales like these reinforce the fact that there are domains sitting out there for $xx, as recent as 4 months ago, that can be a quick $xx,xxx.

There are executives, entrepreneurs, and all types of highly intelligent individuals among us that recognize this budding industry of future value.

Like any other form of investment trading, it's not for everyone and certainly "domaining" is not a some get rich quick biz op. But without a doubt, careful, methodical, educated investing and management of quality domain names can be super lucrative.

Kudos again Mike!

•••
My thoughts...Mandy started out and couldn't afford dot com (or just wanted to remain GEO) and bought the ".com.au"...wrote a book..book made money..can afford (dot)com..bought it to make book go world wide to make more money
https://www.wholesomechild.com.au/mandys-book/

Anyway nice sale for both sides..
Here's the real kicker. When Mike bought it....the previous owner had owned it since 2003....14 years.

They sold it 4 months too soon. Crazy.

•••
•••
this time, mike man showing his skills :xf.grin: amazing!

•••
Sales like these reinforce the fact that there are domains sitting out there for $xx, as recent as 4 months ago, that can be a quick $xx,xxx.

There are executives, entrepreneurs, and all types of highly intelligent individuals among us that recognize this budding industry of future value.

Like any other form of investment trading, it's not for everyone and certainly "domaining" is not a some get rich quick biz op. But without a doubt, careful, methodical, educated investing and management of quality domain names can be super lucrative.

Kudos again Mike!

i bought revbyte.com after seeing someone operating a business on revbyte.it and one more running on byterev.com.
Kudos @MikeMann and hope we all get lucky too :xf.smile:

•••
•••
how can he do man just fantastic.
any website to find business?

•••
It's a numbers game.

If you have a large amount of solid domains and are willing to only sell a small % per year you can get huge sales on the ones that do sell, however you still have to cover the cost of all the ones that don't sell in a given year as well.

Brad

•••
Don't we call it cybersquatting?
Not sure why you call it that?

It's a numbers game.

If you have a large amount of solid domains and are willing to only sell a small % per year you can get huge sales on the ones that do sell, however you still have to cover the cost of all the ones that don't sell in a given year as well.

Brad
Yes high risk numbers game, real high risk if it your only source of income!

•••
Don't we call it cybersquatting?

Yes, many domainers who passed it over call it "cybersquatting". And then a business man picked it up, acted like a smart gentleman, and made it available to someone who could use it.

I suspect. I've met Mike a few times, but don't "know" him lol... and know nothing about this domain.

I am not a lawyer, but I find this discussion topic quite interesting... business is risk management. No risk, no profits.

•••
•••
That sold for shockingly low amount, the health industry is huge, combined with Mike be a top domainer that should have easily sold for xxx,xxx range especially since it's a company that needed it to protect there brand on a domain that was regged before their trademark. Wow, .com.au it forwards too, maybe the plan to target the American market too

•••
•••
Sales like this show that this business isn't just about having valuable names. You also have to have the skills to push those names.

You have to give it to the Mann. He has skills in spades.

•••
If I was a pro domainer selling domains from 2007 and on I'd probably laugh at this sale but I'm not. Oh wait, maybe I am :)

•••
Here's the real kicker. When Mike bought it....the previous owner had owned it since 2003....14 years.

I think they let it drop, Ms. Harper had it at GoDaddy, Mann says he paid $20 I think it would have been bought (but I don't know, so don't quote) for 1 bid at GoDaddy auctions, too low for @namebio to record.

•••
If I was a pro domainer selling domains from 2007 and on I'd probably laugh at this sale but I'm not. Oh wait, maybe I am :)

What would you be laughing at?

•••
I suppose..but really what is this reinforcing? That generally, the general public is running around with blinders, or should we be working harder at connecting with people that know people that know people that might be looking for a name, strengthening our position for a sale for that quick $xx,xxx?

•••
I suppose..but really what is this reinforcing? That generally, the general public is running around with blinders, or should we be working harder at connecting with people that know people that know people that might be looking for a name, strengthening our position for a sale for that quick $xx,xxx?
Well for me, it shows a few things:
1) Even the Mike Mann level domainers are looking for domains to buy/register even today.
2) There are opportunities to buy domains and resell quickly at many times the investment
3) It's relatively normal to price solid domains at $xx,xxx prices (which most domainers dont)

•••
Well for me, it shows a few things:
1) Even the Mike Mann level domainers are looking for domains to buy/register even today.
2) There are opportunities to buy domains and resell quickly at many times the investment
3) It's relatively normal to price solid domains at $xx,xxx prices (which most domainers dont)
This is true, but I think in a different context. If we take a step back and kind of look at the big picture, it might reveal a couple other scenarios to consider to your points:

1- There's not that many MM level domainers with that outreach power...I bet he already had a buyer in mind before grabbing that particular name. 4 months is an an easy wait if you have a good chance on an $xx,xxx sale.

2- These opportunities are there, for sure, but they don't come fast, and they are not to be depended on.

3- If these kind of names DO start selling regularly at those prices, we're in deep sh$t. We should be embarrassed as investors. Unless, of course, its only about the money not the quality.

I don't think we should be steering people into accepting these types of names/sales as the "norm", except when they happen for people like MM.

•••
Its funny how domains out of nowhere still sell, its also funny that domaining stays strong no matter what.
I'd never buy that reg fee domain, I wouldn't whois about ti either :) So being pro in this industry means that you must always wait for the unexpected, there is no norm here.

•••
This is true, but I think in a different context. If we take a step back and kind of look at the big picture, it might reveal a couple other scenarios to consider to your points:

1- There's not that many MM level domainers with that outreach power...I bet he already had a buyer in mind before grabbing that particular name. 4 months is an an easy wait if you have a good chance on an $xx,xxx sale.

2- These opportunities are there, for sure, but they don't come fast, and they are not to be depended on.

3- If these kind of names DO start selling regularly at those prices, we're in deep sh$t. We should be embarrassed as investors. Unless, of course, its only about the money not the quality.

I don't think we should be steering people into accepting these types of names/sales as the "norm", except when they happen for people like MM.
Agreed. Even the little guys like me flip $5 regges into $x,xxx within 60 days though.

What fascinates me most is pricing domains for 20k+.

Kind of got into liquid domains and market prices. It's nonsense for domains generally.

I am working on repricing my retail inventory based on competitor name similarity and competitor pricing.

For example, if I see a MM name priced at 24,888 and I have a very similar name, I will price at the same level.

Comps are good but retail price conformity I believe is also important.

I still believe it's mostly about the names and not the owner.

Last edited:
•••
Agreed. Even the little guys like me flip $5 regges into $x,xxx within 60 days though.

What fascinates me most is pricing domains for 20k+.

Kind of got into liquid domains and market prices. It's nonsense for domains generally.

I am working on repricing my retail inventory based on competitor name similarity and competitor pricing.

For example, if I see a MM name priced at 24,888 and I have a very similar name, I will price at the same level.

Comps are good but retail price conformity I believe is also important.

I still believe it's mostly about the names and not the owner.
That's amazing ($x to $xxxx) and I think we do see it more often than not particularly on hot niches where the quick turnover is due to "fear of missing out" mentality, so sure, all the power to the seller to take advantage of it. We also see it on power names outside of hot niches, where quality sells no matter what, especially with a good buying opportunity.

Best with your repricing strategy, don't we all want to maximize profit. But I think no matter what we should always be clear-headed when looking at our portfolio and using starry sales like this one to base our pricing on.

•••
But I think no matter what we should always be clear-headed when looking at our portfolio and using starry sales like this one to base our pricing on.

LOL...I agree. My only point is that looking at active listings might be even better than looking at closed sales. :)

•••

Three-feet-from-gold.jpg

•••
Back