Dynadot

Microsoft also gets slammed by worm

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
SEATTLE (AP) -- Microsoft Corp. itself was exposed to the virus-like attack that crippled global Internet activity last weekend because it failed to install crucial fixes to its own software on many Microsoft computer servers, according to internal e-mails obtained by The Associated Press.

Read full story here :

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/01/28/microsoft.worm.ap/index.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's crazy and all the talk about this being 100% preventable. I bet microsoft will get put down quite hard for this mistake.

So who do you think should be held responsible? Should it be the creaters of the worm, Microsoft, the companies where the servers are located or the Server Admins?

•••
Well what I don't get is this, Microsoft said that they had made a patch to protect servers, data centers, ect, from the worm like virus, but yet Microsoft was hit by the "Slammer" worm as well, now I'm asking myself, if this patch was out for a few months and was made by Microsoft, why did Microsoft not have it installed on their own hardware as well?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back