Dynadot

Michael Mann Scammed me out of $1000

NameSilo
Watch
This is an absolute nightmare. Seems Ive been scammed again.

Details of Scammer

Michael Mann

Web Media Projects, Inc.,
440 E Pass Rd. Suite B
Gulfport, MS. 39507 USA

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 601-213-0881
Toll-free: 866-496-2278
Fax: 601-326-2379

MSN: [email protected]
PayPal: [email protected]
His contact number: 228-216-6707

DigitalPoint Username : c0l0rad0
GetaFreelancer Username : c0l0rad0

I agreed a price of $3,000 for the development of a clone of King.com. He said that i could pay it in 3 stages at $1k each. This was back in October 2007 and he said it would take 2-3 months to complete. So i set deadline after deadline after deadline and he missed 11 in total and I started to get concerned. He maintained it was due to the complexity of the site and limited staff so i believed him. But when he missed the latest deadline, I sent an email asking where it was and he replied with:

then i searched on the web about him and came across this

http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2007/NOV/complaint19828.cfm
http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2008/FEB/complaint22448.cfm

so i questioned him on it and asked for a complete refund and he replied with

Can people on NP help me get my money back as this is a lot of money to a student.

Are the contact details listed above seem correct to you?

Thanks guys :tu:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it took more than a year since Kevin first posting. what a long journey, but again there are only one truth and we couldnt fight against it. i'd like to wait and see what Kevin gonna post at the end of July :D

•••
Well, relatively, there are infinite truths, but that is another debate. LOL

•••
Ok. First of the payments will be made tonight/tommorrow.

And, by the way, weed is not an addiction with me. I had been on supervised release 4 1/2 years and just got tired of it. I violated the terms, got sent to a camp, and ended the federal interest in my life. Pot was just the vehicle.

I don't drink, use chemicals or any other substance other than cigarettes so i consider myself pretty mainstream.

Could be wrong.

•••
Waw, I spent last two hours reading this thread with anger and disappointment.
A good thing all ended well. I'm glad Kev you get your money back and Michael Mann has his lesson learned.

Regards

•••
I feel like I am reading a script from an after school special episode. Now perhaps this thread will die.

•••
omg ...

Really interesting and I learned one thing

"Dare to do any thing "

Kev i was scammed by one seo company by reading this i got some hopes i will post a thread here soon

Sri

•••
Ok. First of the payments will be made tonight/tommorrow.

And, by the way, weed is not an addiction with me. I had been on supervised release 4 1/2 years and just got tired of it. I violated the terms, got sent to a camp, and ended the federal interest in my life. Pot was just the vehicle.

I don't drink, use chemicals or any other substance other than cigarettes so i consider myself pretty mainstream.

Could be wrong.

You may be a thief/creep/sneak/vile man, but I gotta agree it is not weed that made you that way :) It's just the way you are ;)

•••
How are the payments going i just spend a while reading this like everyone else lol found it very interesting and will make me more aware anytime i wish to buy projects.

•••
Been on holiday for the last couple of weeks and totally forgot about this.

I still haven't received any payments yet?

Ive PM'd Michael to see what the status is

•••
Wow thats a lot of money. Since you have enough information about him why not then report him to police? I am sure they will take some action about it..

•••
Kev, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on cash from this guy... Do you want the Lochee fleet to sort it out for you? :)

•••
Kev, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on cash from this guy... Do you want the Lochee fleet to sort it out for you? :)

I'll get a few pals from Douglas and Fintry to sort it out ;) haha

•••
Just an update...no payment has been received as yet.

He hasnt logged into his account since the 10th :td:

•••
Really sorry to hear it :( It seems he hasn't changed at all and his previous "I've changed" stuff was just the typical scammer crap.

•••
Well what can i say, a very bad situation to be in, Ok MM has joined NP to give his side of the story, as we all know there is 2 sides to a story!! But one thing has come to mind over this!!!

This really shows one of the pit falls of the www!! Whilst we all endevour to nice and polite to our web freinds, the laws in each country vary in so many ways, whilst in one country something that may very serious may not apply in another, again we have un written codes of conduct whilst making transactions between countries, in reality do we really think that the authorities in one country will follow up the complaints from someone in another? We would all like to think and wish it would happen, but again in reality it does not always happen. We would love it if it was a perfect world would'nt we :)

•••
He says his wife has cancer and he needs to pay for her treatment?
Dont know whether to believe it or not. Do American's have to pay for cancer treatment?

•••
I'd doubt that - it sounds like the typical scammer thing to say (i.e. make the other person pitty them). If he was serious he would have e-mailed or called you. He hasn't posted here nor had any contact nor even paid $1 to you. That, to me, suggests he's still the same low lifer he's always been. Just my $0.02.

•••
What a story.

I dont understand how someone can keep lying.

•••
This dude is full of it. I'd get some of your friends to teach him a lesson in person.

•••
I'd forget it and move on with life. I doubt if you'll see a cent so it's not worth bothering about. Just a waste of energy.

Erm, what I mean is it IS worth bothering about of course, but there's a point where you have to not bother about it any more...

...if you see what I mean.

Last edited:
•••
I think he will eventually pay some of it. Im giving him a chance to fix this.

Anyway, at least 14,300 viewers of this thread have learnt something :tu:

•••
Yes, Americans have to pay for their medical. We don't have government healthcare and most Americans have insufficient insurance coverage.

Kev, don't be naive brother. I tried the whole "look for the good in people thing" and it never worked and my family almost was murdered over it.

The man is a bum, liar, scammer and piss poor. Best to just post info about him online so he cannot do this to others in the future. scam.com and ripoffreport.com are two excellent sites for this.

•••
Do American's have to pay for cancer treatment?

Yes, we don't have 'free health care' here (just google "Health Care Bankruptcy" and read up), but I agree that it's most likely (as in, a virtual certainty) bullshit, coming from a guy like this. Possible? Perhaps, but given his track record and the timing in question, I know upon which side I'd be placing my bet.

Anyone who has any experience with dealing over the internet knows that dead mothers, cancer, comatose children, severe car accidents, house fires, falls out of seven story windows and assorted plagues seem to be 99% more likely to strike someone involved with an internet transaction than they are any random member of the population. If these excuses were ever valid, all one would need to do- in order to ensure they and everyone in their family lived happily to age 105- is avoid owing anyone money over the internet.

Last edited:
•••
Sry to hear about this...
And how you agreed to give such a big advance.....

Learn 4rm dis?

•••
Sorry for your luck mate, for a split second I thought he would actually honor his agreement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back