IT.COM

Michael Jackson domain name what the &#@^ is wrong with these people!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello I'm watching CNN live, LA times confirm MJ is Dead CNN has not confirm it yet. So I go to check to see if any of these cybersnakes idiots register MJ domain name and I can not believe it MichaelJacksondied.com and Michaeljacksondies.com is registered. What the hell is wrong with these people this just PISS me off these people are not Human. Some people do anything to make a dollar! SICK!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those people better start regging Dick Clark and Walter Cronkite domains to get a jump on the competition. ICANN need more money.

•••
I've noticed that on the forum there has been a lot of people as of late asking for appraisal on their celeb names. They probably even just registered them a week or so ago after MJ died.

For everyone who is registering celeb names that aren't dead, and who plans on selling them for big bucks. You should learn from the guys that bought the MJ domains and are auctioning them off for like 5 million it's not working. You just embarrass yourself thinking it would work and trying to profit like that.

•••
•••
"Death Domainers"...great term. I am tempted to become one just to give grief to all those with a moral objection. I find it morally objective to insert your own sense of morals on someone else.

Next celeb death I am going to become a Death Domainer. I might be proactive and start looking for some sick or old celebs.

•••
....but can he moonwalk and sing ?

I'd pay a dollar to see that :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

"Death Domainers"...great term. I am tempted to become one just to give grief to all those with a moral objection. I find it morally objective to insert your own sense of morals on someone else.

Next celeb death I am going to become a Death Domainer. I might be proactive and start looking for some sick or old celebs.

I'm hoping for AlSharptonKicksTheCan.Com :lol:

•••

tee hee. thought you were going to say you might be proactive and kill someone.

•••
OMG. they have started regging ' bubbles ' domains now.

•••
The Vultures have landed...again :tri: sad people, I hope they choke on the bones

•••
•••
I'm hoping for AlSharptonKicksTheCan.Com :lol:

Hmm..even more morally objectionable...

AlSharptonAssassinated.com (available)

Imagine the furor if this happens:

Obamaassassinated.com (taken)

•••
I'm quite happy to say I jumped on this bandwagon given the much hype surounding him and bought 11 fairly obvious MJ death-related .com/.infos (5 .coms 6 .infos)

•••
I'm quite happy to say I jumped on this bandwagon given the much hype surounding him and bought 11 fairly obvious MJ death-related .com/.infos (5 .coms 6 .infos)

Next time, just burn a $100 bill. It will accomplish the same ROI.

•••
Last edited:
•••
If you just push the domains to another godaddy account, you don't have to wait at all...... The 60 days thing is only for a transfer from godaddy to another registrar...

•••

Sorry to sound mean but the bandwagon is being pulled by donkeys/asses & coached by 9-year old kids who haven't the scantest of ideas as to how this industry works.

I bought a $1 lottery ticket today and wound up with $18. THAT was worth the gamble. You spent $40-50 or whatever and you lost every cent. I'm not saying that I THINK you did. I'm saying it as a guarantee... unless you're able to find a retarded moron willing to pay reg fee or more for them.... screw the needle-in-a-haystack thing: This like finding a gran of salt in a desert.

•••
nudu, since people are questioning not only your ethics but your business sense, i would be interested in learning how you do make out. i'd like to know just so we have an idea in the future how to evaluate all the emotional, dead-certain declarations that death domainers are throwing their money away. i have no interest in either applauding or condemning you. i just want to know.

•••
pssssst ..... i know how to make water into wine ...... just give me $50 and i'll tell you ..... i promise

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

just spotted ..... rememberkarlmalden.com at flippa

•••
To be clear I bought them only because MJ is arguably the world's biggest superstar, there is MUCH more hype and interest surrounding his death than I had expected to see, and the names I got (apart from only 1 that was already taken) are IMO the best keywords to be purchased right now.

I am pretty sure they have value in the post-MJ era, and will definitely keep you guys updated on their status, especially after I get my domain portfolio up and running.

Last edited:
•••
•••
wow i wonder how long this will go on.. :P

•••
I think MJ's death can be a topic of discussion for years, like the deaths of Marilyn Monroe or Kennedy.
Not bad for small, lucrative and tasteless minisites. Speaking about them is only spreading links and traffic to them.

•••
•••
To be clear I bought them only because MJ is arguably the world's biggest superstar, there is MUCH more hype and interest surrounding his death than I had expected to see, and the names I got (apart from only 1 that was already taken) are IMO the best keywords to be purchased right now.

I am pretty sure they have value in the post-MJ era, and will definitely keep you guys updated on their status, especially after I get my domain portfolio up and running.

I am 100% sure, as someone who purchases domains for a living and has launched several successful internet companies, that they will have ZERO value. Today. Tomorrow. and In the future

Unless, you develop them as sites and build up traffic.

Then, you will get a C&D letter from the estate and the domains will have negative value if turned into a commercial venture.

You can't make money off other people's brand name, trademark, and success

Don't believe me - ask any lawyer.

Ask the squatters who picked up DonaldTrump.com and HughHefner.com and got sent to ICANN court where those names were removed from them.

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2001/d2001-0241.html

even dead people can lay claim to their names

http://www.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/162770.htm

How much proof do you need.

Last edited:
•••
I will also be putting some MJ domains on ebay soon.. If there are any sales of note, I will report them here... And if they only sell for the opening bid of .99, oh well, life goes on.. I am a gambling man, and I have lost tons more than just $7.50 at the craps table...I will say this however, my "gambles" so far on celeb names have not panned out so well, so these will most likely be the last celeb names I ever reg..

•••
Cybersquatting, Domain Law Resource - Celebrity Domain Names And Personal Name Domains

In certain cases, a personal name—such as a celebrity’s name—can acquire sufficient recognition to become a trademark. For example, it has been found that the singer Celine Dion has acquired trademark rights in her name because in addition to her fame, she uses her name in connection with a variety of goods and services. Where a person’s name has achieved trademark status, he or she can rely on the less restrictive provisions of the ACPA to obtain relief. In this case, the name’s owner need only show that the cybersquatter registered the domain name in bad faith—rather than showing that the cybersquatter sought to sell the domain name for financial gain.

By positing on this forum, which is indexed by google and supported by the claim the domain was registered within days of his passing, any lawyer can show the domain was registered in bad faith.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back