Dynadot

domain MetaverseMarkets.co

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Just trying to get some thoughts on my newest domain name. Wanted to try my hand at some Metaverse domain names and I started with just this one. I envision it to be used for trading VR items from the metaverse.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Bill

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I would drop this domain, IMO

•••
•••
Could you let me know why?
I'd give it a fighting chance if "meta market dot co", or obviously "meta market dot com". If you're dealing in "CO"...it just misses the mark for me, IMO. Having the full "Metaverse" in this extension I'm not in favour of, same with the plural, and 16 characters borderline long. Take offers while you own it, hope I'm wrong. Never know with the "Metaverse" stuff

Last edited:
•••
I'd give it a fighting chance if "meta market dot co", or obviously "meta market dot com". If you're dealing in "CO"...it just misses the mark for me, IMO. Having the full "Metaverse" in this extension I'm not in favour of, same with the plural, and 16 characters borderline long. Take offers while you own it, hope I'm wrong. Never know with the "Metaverse" stuff

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

•••
I agree. The lower the extension on the totem pole, the higher quality the term needs to be.

Insurance would be great in almost any extension. "Car Insurance" would be great in many.
"Car Insurance Quotes" would only be good in a few.

Basically the term is not good enough to make up for being a .CO.

Brad

•••
I agree. The lower the extension on the totem pole, the higher quality the term needs to be.

Insurance would be great in almost any extension. "Car Insurance" would be great in many.
"Car Insurance Quotes" would only be good in a few.

Basically the term is not good enough to make up for being a .CO.

Brad

I was under the impression .CO was a great secondary option to .com. Would you say that is not the case? Still stick with .net?

•••
I was under the impression .CO was a great secondary option to .com. Would you say that is not the case? Still stick with .net?

I don't think the term really has resale value in .NET either.

What sells in secondary extensions are general short branding words, top tier keywords, short domains, etc.

This is a (2) word / 16 letter domain. That is not likely in high demand in any extension outside .COM.

If it was "MetaMarket" you could argue for it, but it is "metaverse markets". It is just not good enough IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I don't think the term really has resale value in .NET either.

What sells in secondary extensions are general short branding words, top tier keywords, short domains, etc.

This is a (2) word / 16 letter domain. That is not likely in high demand in any extension outside .COM.

If it was "MetaMarket" you could argue for it, but it is "metaverse markets". It is just not good enough IMO.

Brad

I appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

•••
I would drop this domain, IMO
I sold meta.markets to Facebook last year ,howere, you dont like this name as i ask guys here to me appraise it.

•••
If someone likes your domains it worth dollors if someone dont like it it means nothing,i sold META.markets
to Facebook last year ,try to write to Facebook if they like,good luck!

•••
I sold meta.markets to Facebook last year ,howere, you dont like this name as i ask guys here to me appraise it.
I've just looked that up. I said that on June 16th 2021. Facebook did their rebrand on the 28th October 2021. Back then, people didn't know about Facebook officially doing "Meta", as the official name. It was all quite speculative. Well done for the sale

The company Facebook is specifically "Meta", not "Metaverse Markets", so it may make sense for them to acquire the word "Meta" specifically in other extensions (at least meaningful ones), if its just "Meta". There is a difference. Your domain would qualify, but not this. IMO

Last edited:
•••
I appreciate the continued feedback from everyone! First time in the Meta and Metaverse domain market. I know the company is Meta, but they are developing the Metaverse. The VR world. I saw this domain as a place to potentially trade items/goods from the Metaverse VR world.

•••
I appreciate the continued feedback from everyone! First time in the Meta and Metaverse domain market. I know the company is Meta, but they are developing the Metaverse. The VR world. I saw this domain as a place to potentially trade items/goods from the Metaverse VR world.
Keep a BIN of 500-700 and then forget about it, if it happens, happens

•••
Keep a BIN of 500-700 and then forget about it, if it happens, happens

Not a bad idea, tbh. Where do you recommend selling? There are so many sites I have with domain listings, but not really sure what the "best" one is.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back