IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SOLD

Domain:
Meta FB./net
Sale venue:
Sedo
Sold Price: $30,000
Listing type:
Make Offer
Purchased Price: $5.90 handreg
Hold Time: 38 days
Date Purchased: 09-17-2021
Sale Completed: 10-25-2021

Details: I handregged this name right after I had sold the exact Meta FB .com hoping lightning would strike twice and it sure did. The buyer made an initial offer via Sedo of $30K, he left his email in the comments and wanted to negotiate for the name which seemed weird. Seemed like a scam to me so I just clicked accept just in case before the weekend and forgot about it and didn't expect the sale to go through at all... low and behold yesterday I get an email from Sedo that they had secured the buyer's funds.

Strange times!

As for the buyer, it is not the same one who acquired the .com.

Hot niche and still very much in it's infancy!

no further details.

Happy hunting!

do you list on all 3 : afternic, sedo and dan.com , and with bin on all 3 , and which landing pages

•••
SOLD

Domain:
Meta FB./net
Sale venue:
Sedo
Listing type:
Make Offer

Details: I handregged this name right after I had sold the exact Meta FB .com hoping lightning would strike twice and it sure did. The buyer made an initial offer via Sedo of $30K, he left his email in the comments and wanted to negotiate for the name which seemed weird. Seemed like a scam to me so I just clicked accept just in case before the weekend and forgot about it and didn't expect the sale to go through at all... low and behold yesterday I get an email from Sedo that they had secured the buyer's funds.

Strange times!

no further details.

Happy hunting!

Amazing, no words really.

•••
do you list on all 3 : afternic, sedo and dan.com , and with bin on all 3 , and which landing pages

I took my names off Afternic completely. It was created issues in pricing where if I changed the price it wouldn't change across their network off partners or even through Godaddy search itself. Too much hassle and risk their.

I have all my names on Sedo as make offers and I park my portfolio via Dan with BIN prices, make offer, and lease to own options since they are priced aggressively.

•••
I guess they are going for meta.com lol

•••
Congratulations once again!! Homerun after homerun!I
Ifit is pretty sure Meta is the route for FB?
Why not price them higher?

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations once again!! Homerun after homerun!I
Ifit is pretty sure Meta is the route for FB?
Why not price them higher?

Thanks!

Can't predict what name they are going to want and at what prices. I thought $30K for a .net was a lot of money? Pricing higher may not do me any good. I do have my .coms priced higher. Selling these kind of names off fast has allowed me to reinvest quickly so $30-$50K is a nice sweet spot it seems.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks!

Can't predict what name they are going to want and at what prices. I thought $30K for a .net was a lot of money? Pricing higher may not do me any good. I do have my .coms priced higher. Selling these kind of names off fast has allowed me to reinvest quickly so $30-$50K is a nice sweet spot it seems.

No, for sure 30K is great for a .net
I ask because I just know what is posted here, wich is just a small climse of the entire picture.
You have been selling them out like hot cakes, and quite a few sales that we do not even know about, and in direct contact with buyers.
Just trying to get a wider view.

Last edited:
•••
Meta Art .co.uk

i raised my hopes with co.uk’s

Already getting nice traffic, hope we will post a decent co.uk sale here soon.

•••
.net/.org
VerseX

.com
VerseWallets
VersePlanets
VerseCurrency

•••
Been away from the forum for a little bit but I am in shock with the meta domain name traction being witnessed.

Fair play to all those who had the belief/insight and those reaping the rewards (y)

•••
SOLD

Domain:
Meta FB./net
Sale venue:
Sedo
Listing type:
Make Offer

Strange times!

no further details.

Happy hunting!
Congrats on the sale

•••
•••
•••
.com

Mtvrx
MVloop
MVvault
MVmars
MVlevel
MVwars
MVcities
MVchats
MVdollars
MVmotion
MVfriends
MVplanets
MVhorizon

•••
•••
MetaMultiverse.com
MetaHomeSales.com
MetaHomeValues.com
MetaUniverse.company

•••
•••
•••
•••
Меtа Virtuаl Sрасе
Меtа Virtuаl Sрасеs

(dоt соm)

•••
I’m a bit late to the party here, and I have a question that probably has a straightforward answer for a dinosaur like me:

Facebook.com not socialmedia.com
Amazon.com not internetstore.com
YouTube.com not onlinevideo.com

If big companies go for brand names over descriptive names, why would meta + keyword sell?

I know there has been some great sales already and respect to those, but is there really a demand for two word .coms in this niche on a wider scale?

Im not meaning to be a troll here, just intrigued to know whether meta keyword terms have value compared to brand names?

It all makes me feel so old….

•••
I’m a bit late to the party here, and I have a question that probably has a straightforward answer for a dinosaur like me:

If big companies go for brand names over descriptive names, why would meta + keyword sell?

I know there has been some great sales already and respect to those, but is there really a demand for two word .coms in this niche on a wider scale?

Im not meaning to be a troll here, just intrigued to know whether meta keyword terms have value compared to brand names?

Regardless of the current trend, meta as a prefix has been in brand names for as long as I know. Similar to what you have with other prefixes like Para, Trans, Omni, Hyper, Micro etc.

The hype surrounding the Metaverse may have turned Meta into a keyword now, but Meta has its roots in many brand names.

It helps if you see meta more like a root word. In your example, Amazon isn't known as internetstore. But the word internet is made up of inter and net. While not many brands have internet in their brand names, there are many with net or inter in their names. Same can be said of the onlinevideo example as well.

•••
But wouldn’t you say that MetaPay, MetaTech etc are great brands irrespective of the rise of the metaverse?

Conversely, we might agree that metapettingzoo.com (random example) is not going to sell because it has no relevance as a brand either inside the metaverse nor out of it?

I think there could be value in the aftermarket in a few months time when a lot of the recent meta reg’s are dropped in price by disillusioned sellers.

But should we be looking for ‘brandable’ meta names only?

•••

I would compare "Meta" with "Crypto". When a specific website has the prefix "Crypto", you know it's crypto(currency) related. When a specific website has the prefix "Meta", it might well relate to the future metaverse, our digital mirror reality. So when I see the website Meta //Shoes (.something), I know I can't buy "normal" shoes, but only shoes for my digital identity/reality.

Apart from that, some established or new companies might be interested in the "Meta" term from a branding perspective.

•••
Back