IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the plans are for everyday all day glasses ......The fact the crypto is on this making it even more of a bull.

Thanks for this valuable info. It made me aware of a just registered hyphenated domain, crypto - glasses in com, with a website). Will now act accordingly to increase the price of the non hyphenated version.

Edit: I wrote non .com version, should be non hyphenated version; corrected.

Last edited:
•••
Cant wait to see which domain it is, hope it's another banger sale :D

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for this valuable info. It made me aware of a just registered hyphenated domain, crypto - glasses in com, with a website). Will now act accordingly to increase the price of the non hyphenated version.

Edit: I wrote non .com version, should be non hyphenated version; corrected.

#CryptoGlasses

•••
•••
Basically everybody can be a a part of the Metaverse, even if you are looking at it from your PC screen while talking to people that are actually inside it 🔥
Excuse me for saying so but no one will "actually" be in it as such. Whether they use state of the art goggles or headsets or glasses or just look at their pc monitor like in Free Guy.

Unless you're referring to NPCs of course.

Edit: fixed typo

Last edited:
•••
If you disagree^, let's discuss why please:

I'm not the only one:

TBH I think it's a good thing as everything will be about the actual quality of the build itself, not just who's got the .com

Last edited:
•••
If you disagree^, let's discuss why please:

I'm not the only one:

TBH I think it's a good thing as everything will be about the actual quality of the build itself, not just who's got the .com
you posted a tweet from someone with an NFT profile picture and a username apeapebaby(nothing against NFT, or people buying NFTs), I think this person's opinions are biased and will favor everything as long as it is blockchain. web3 is far far from web2

Last edited:
•••
you posted a tweet from someone with an NFT profile picture and a username apeapebaby(nothing against NFT, or people buying NFTs), I think this person's opinions are biased and will favor everything as long as it is blockchain. web3 is far far from web2
Alan is a legend in both the domaining & NFT community.

Post was liked by Jamie Zoch https://twitter.com/DotWeekly/likes

The fact is the more you actually get 'into' the metaverse (crypto, decentralised, NFTs, etc.), the more research, the more you realise that .com doesn't matter, IMHO (and others actually involved with).

•••
MetaPayments dot Org seems to have sold as well.

•••
will favor everything as long as it is blockchain.
I thought most of the hype around the current 'metaverse' craze was specifically due to NFTs taking off, & from those in the crypto/blockchain verse?
I thought that those are the buyers who are going to be needing all of these metaverse domains, with all of their crypto/NFT money?

Otherwise we're talking about existing companies, 'aligning themselves to the new metaverse trend'. But are they the ones who are going to need these domains? & aren't they just jumping on the crypto/NFT hype train? Many have been talking about the metaverse for a long time, it seemed to be NFTs that caused the shift, no?

•••
I thought most of the hype around the current 'metaverse' craze was specifically due to NFTs taking off, & from those in the crypto/blockchain verse?
I thought that those are the buyers who are going to be needing all of these metaverse domains, with all of their crypto/NFT money?

Otherwise we're talking about existing companies, 'aligning themselves to the new metaverse trend'. But are they the ones who are going to need these domains? & aren't they just jumping on the crypto/NFT hype train? Many have been talking about the metaverse for a long time, it seemed to be NFTs that caused the shift, no?

No.

It's an intersection, everyone is getting closer to it.

•••
MetaPayments dot Org seems to have sold as well.

Had a 75k usd BIN

I'll hold my

ARpayments/com
XRpayments/com

Close to me 😂

•••

The separate threads on NamePros will eventually merge into one combined thread, don't you think? ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
No.

But what will it be based off? Isn't everyone getting closer to web 3.0 dWeb also?

The point is, why pay 6 figs, 7 figs for a centralised .com when everyone is now decentralised and using .anything?

And "most adult native test-takers have a vocabulary range of about 20,000-35,000 words"

Isn't there a point when "normies" are capable of learning .something/anything else? I mean you'd have to be completely illiterate to not pick it up.

Last edited:
•••
A few of my non-coms,. for the sake of diversification ;)

Meta . attorney
Meta . dentist

Meta Rent . net
Meta Rent . org
Meta Rent . co
Meta Lease . net
Meta Lease . org

•••
•••
•••
All in the king

MetaDVX
Metapay4
Metapaym
Metapayex
Metapaymnt
MetapayFin
MetapayZen
JustMetapay
MetapayZone
RapidMetapay
MetapayRight
HelloMetapay
SimpleMetapay
eMetaPayments
EasyMetaPayments

•••
•••
But what will it be based off? Isn't everyone getting closer to web 3.0 dWeb also?

The point is, why pay 6 figs, 7 figs for a centralised .com when everyone is now decentralised and using .anything?

And "most adult native test-takers have a vocabulary range of about 20,000-35,000 words"

Isn't there a point when "normies" are capable of learning .something/anything else? I mean you'd have to be completely illiterate to not pick it up.

You are missing the point.
It's not that everything is becoming decentralized.
People are using other extensions to execute quickly as they should and make fast money but to break the barrier and become a trustworthy company they will need to make the shift to .com
But it's not related to metaverse domains so please let's stop here.

•••
A few of my non-coms,. for the sake of diversification ;)

Meta . attorney
Meta . dentist

Meta Rent . net
Meta Rent . org
Meta Rent . co
Meta Lease . net
Meta Lease . org
So you're the one who beat me in the meta rent race!!

•••
You are missing the point.
It's not that everything is becoming decentralized.
People are using other extensions to execute quickly as they should and make fast money but to break the barrier and become a trustworthy company they will need to make the shift to .com
But it's not related to metaverse domains so please let's stop here.
The Metaverse, Web3, and the Inevitability of NFTs

"I firmly believe two trends will shape the world in the next 10–15 years:
  • The Metaverse, and its proliferation on all aspects of society
  • Web3 and the democratization of the Internet
And the arrival of both trends will firmly rely on the technology of NFTs in order to be successful..."

"Let’s think back on the two topics we just discussed: the Metaverse and Web3.

In the Metaverse, people have a secondary digital life, in which they can earn money and spend their leisure time in — unbounded by the restrictions of the physical world.

But if the Metaverse were to exist in a Web 2.0 setting, large centralized institutions like Facebook and Google will only the experience — living in their data centers that can be shut off by their whim, and gathering the data of our lives in order to sell for profit.

Imagine if your whole digital life lived on Facebook and you were only fed news that Facebook wanted you to see. If you said something in the Metaverse that Facebook didn’t want you to see (i.e., in concert with an authoritarian government), they could shut off your entire livelihood — akin to deleting an Instagram account if that account constituted your entire digital life.

If you’re going to live a sizable chunk of your existence in the Metaverse, you may as well have ownership over those digital items.

With Web3, end-consumers take back the ownership of their own data. Instead of forgoing their data and their privacy to the big tech companies, they’re able to control their own data — living in a cryptographic, decentralized mesh of computers that combine to become a distributed data center rivaling GCP and AWS.

Instead of Facebook owning your digital home, you actually own it. And you own the digital land on top of it. And all of your digital furniture.

And you’re able to do so with the power of NFTs..."
https://medium.com/the-shadow/the-metaverse-web3-and-the-inevitability-of-nfts-18c8fff1db2a

•••
The Metaverse, Web3, and the Inevitability of NFTs

"I firmly believe two trends will shape the world in the next 10–15 years:
  • The Metaverse, and its proliferation on all aspects of society
  • Web3 and the democratization of the Internet
And the arrival of both trends will firmly rely on the technology of NFTs in order to be successful..."

"Let’s think back on the two topics we just discussed: the Metaverse and Web3.

In the Metaverse, people have a secondary digital life, in which they can earn money and spend their leisure time in — unbounded by the restrictions of the physical world.

But if the Metaverse were to exist in a Web 2.0 setting, large centralized institutions like Facebook and Google will only the experience — living in their data centers that can be shut off by their whim, and gathering the data of our lives in order to sell for profit.

Imagine if your whole digital life lived on Facebook and you were only fed news that Facebook wanted you to see. If you said something in the Metaverse that Facebook didn’t want you to see (i.e., in concert with an authoritarian government), they could shut off your entire livelihood — akin to deleting an Instagram account if that account constituted your entire digital life.

If you’re going to live a sizable chunk of your existence in the Metaverse, you may as well have ownership over those digital items.

With Web3, end-consumers take back the ownership of their own data. Instead of forgoing their data and their privacy to the big tech companies, they’re able to control their own data — living in a cryptographic, decentralized mesh of computers that combine to become a distributed data center rivaling GCP and AWS.

Instead of Facebook owning your digital home, you actually own it. And you own the digital land on top of it. And all of your digital furniture.

And you’re able to do so with the power of NFTs..."
https://medium.com/the-shadow/the-metaverse-web3-and-the-inevitability-of-nfts-18c8fff1db2a

Let's discuss Metaverse related domain names please.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back