IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
how many total meta domains you have mate, including all extensions ?

Off the top of my head

~180 .com
~85 .net
~30 .co
~30 .xyz only a .99 each why not
~20 org
~20 .de
~10 .io

Maybe a few other stragglers

Last edited:
•••
Yes great to get a sale anytime.

•••
•••
Off the top of my head

~180 .com
~85 .net
~30 .co
~20 org
~20 .de
~10 .io

Wow. You took a serious gamble. Good luck to you.

•••
SOLD

Domain:
Meta Dating ./net
Sale venue:
Sedo
Sold Price: $35,000
Listing type: Make Offer
Purchased Price:
$5.90
Hold Time: 14 days
Date Purchased: 2021-10-04
Sale Completed: 2021-10-20

Details: I acquired this name while diversifying my mostly .com meta portfolio. Figured why not. Cheap buy. Buyer came with an initial offer of $20K. I countered and we settled on $35K.

Meta+Keyword continues to outperform! Hot niche and still very much in it's infancy!

no further details.

Happy hunting!

Congrats! You keep raising the bar for all of us. Wishing you continued success.

•••
Off the top of my head

~180 .com
~85 .net
~30 .co
~20 org
~20 .de
~10 .io

That is more than my entire porfolio. Damm Ingmi!! :xf.frown: :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
SOLD

Domain:
Meta Dating ./net
Sale venue:
Sedo
Purchased Price:
$5.90

Details: I acquired this name while diversifying my mostly .com meta portfolio. Figured why not. Cheap buy. Buyer came with an initial offer of $20K. I countered and we settled on $35K.

Meta+Keyword continues to outperform! Hot niche and still very much in it's infancy!

no further details.

Happy hunting!

Congrats again! You're not on fire, you're surrounded by plasma haha. I have a feeling you've got many more impressive sales coming!

Last edited:
•••
•••
SOLD

Domain:
Meta Dating ./net
Sale venue:
Sedo
Purchased Price:
$5.90

no further details.

Happy hunting!
you're the new dngear!

•••
@BostonDomainer

Mind i min offer set at on +d/a/t/**(ing) and if so what was it?

Neat they started at 20k

•••
Opening an offer with $20,000 counts as the signature of someone who has made recent purchases.

Especially those who have received offers by email will know who they are...

•••
•••
:xf.smile:
Meta.コム
Metaverse.コム
Mentaverse.com

Metauniverse in .eu , .pro , .me & .biz​

Last edited:
•••
I think we have seen a very strong start but actually in my opinion we are going to see much bigger sales later on.

•••

See this is what i don't get and why it could be a concern for average 'meta' domains going forward and why i think it 'may' not carry on.

Them starting at $20k for a 2 week old .net and with respect non-premium and just accepting your counter says to me they are trying to get rid of money, i mean a guy sold a long tail double worded plural.co registration for $50k+ last week.

Doesn't that set a few alarm bells off? I wish someone would dump some money on me, so it's fantastic for you guys right now who have made these great sales and congrats, but I'd go as far to say this as never happened in domains before and it goes against the rule book in what to invest in and how much these domains 'should' sell for, so surely I'm not the only 1 who senses something is not right.

Last edited:
•••
See this is what i don't get and why it could be a concern for average 'meta' domains going forward and why i think it 'may' not carry on.

Them starting at $20k for a 2 week old .net and with respect non-premium and just accepting your counter says to me they are trying to get rid of money, i mean a guy sold a long tail double worded plural.co registration for $50k+ last week.

Doesn't that set a few alarm bells off? I wish someone would dump some money on me, so it's fantastic for you guys right now who have made these great sales and congrats, but I'd go as far to say this as never happened in domains before and it goes against the rule book in what to invest in and how much these domains 'should' sell for, so surely I'm not the only 1 who senses something is not right.

There are some respected buyers in this.

•••
One farfetched guess I have: Fb splurged some 10 million or so on "creators" for the Horizon/metaverse. It is these creators who are using those amounts to secure these domains.. and maybe they know the central branding is going to be around "Meta"

•••
One farfetched guess I have: Fb splurged some 10 million or so on "creators" for the Horizon/metaverse. It is these creators who are using those amounts to secure these domains.. and maybe they know the central branding is going to be around "Meta"

Yeah thats one theory i had. Facebook rebranding and 'a few' people know about it behind the scenes and buying up 'Meta' domains. If that's the case, yeah 'meta' domains and possibly even average domains will stay in demand and i hope that is the case, but it still doesn't really answer starting high with an opening offer for new registrations that aren't even .com.

Everyone haggles to get things cheap as they can, even billionaires and multi-billion companies.

Last edited:
•••
Meta.com was updated yesterday 10/19 and I assume it’s for the forwarding to the dot .org ?

which is Chan Zuckerburgh project

FB Mark and his wife project

Last edited:
•••

so what are your suspicions on why people are trying to "get rid of money"? money laundering? is that why people are buying bitcoin and NFTs because easy way to hide/launder money? I'm not smart enough to understand all this.

Last edited:
•••
Meta8K dot com
8Kmeta dot com
4Kmeta dot com
8Kmetaverse dot com
4Kmetaverse dot com

•••
so what are your suspicions on why people are trying to "get rid of money"? money laundering? is that why people are buying bitcoin and NFTs because easy way to hide/launder money? I'm not smart enough to understand all this.

I've no idea, i don't want to say, but something is not right that obvious. My eyes don't lie to me and what my eyes are seeing with these sales is 'some' people clearly want to get rid of money and get rid of it fast.

That's not a bad thing i guess for investors here, you are doing nothing wrong, enjoy it and hope your newly regged metaverse+word.hfgdh (just made that extension up) is chosen next for $30k-$50k.

•••
•••
MetaDating.net sold today for $35,000 at Sedo. It was registered at Dynadot two weeks ago, this is crazy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back