Top Bottom
Dan.com
Dynadot

DomainBarracksRob

Top Contributor
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

ddesigns

24Designs.in - Web Development and more...
Impact
Tags
vacation Watch tag vacay Watch tag
IMG_20211012_082244.jpg

#vacay #vacation

Powers

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Just been doing some research on the use of the term “meta” in the metaverse.

The definition of meta is:
referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential. "the enterprise is inherently ‘meta’, since it doesn't review movies, for example, it reviews the reviewers who review movies"

i.e. MetaReviews = reviews about reviews/reviewers, etc.

If I understand correctly, basically the metaverse is the [virtual/digital/Internet] universe within the existing universe. It has been chosen purposefully.

There are many other generic examples such as:
metadata - set of data that describes and gives information about other data
metacinema - movies about making movies
etc. etc.

I think therefore one needs to be careful when considering branding with meta+keyword, in what the actual meaning is. The meta in “metaverse” actually means something.

A good example to look at would be e.g. Comicsverse
In contrast “MetaComics” would mean ‘comics about comics’, not a ‘comics verse’ within the metaverse.

There have been big sales for single keyword meta.TLD and metaverse.TLD, those make sense,
but IMO one needs to think carefully about what their meta+keyword brand actually means.

Just been doing some research on the use of the term “meta” in the metaverse.

The definition of meta is:
referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential. "the enterprise is inherently ‘meta’, since it doesn't review movies, for example, it reviews the reviewers who review movies"

i.e. MetaReviews = reviews about reviews/reviewers, etc.

If I understand correctly, basically the metaverse is the [virtual/digital/Internet] universe within the existing universe. It has been chosen purposefully.

There are many other generic examples such as:
metadata - set of data that describes and gives information about other data
metacinema - movies about making movies
etc. etc.

I think therefore one needs to be careful when considering branding with meta+keyword, in what the actual meaning is. The meta in “metaverse” actually means something.

A good example to look at would be e.g. Comicsverse
In contrast “MetaComics” would mean ‘comics about comics’, not a ‘comics verse’ within the metaverse.

There have been big sales for single keyword meta.TLD and metaverse.TLD, those make sense,
but IMO one needs to think carefully about what their meta+keyword brand actually means.

Sorry but you're overthinking it here mate.

Last edited:

Powers

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
MetaAvatars.net sold for mid 5 figures
Sorry but you're overthinking it here mate.
Maybe, you're right.
But this is without a doubt the mega hype stage. Just look at the VR thread now, it's practically dead.
Once people actually start thinking, the reality always sets in.

Meta Avatar - this seems well thought out:
https://neuralbodies.github.io/metavatar/

Inspired by recent advances in meta-learned initializations for neural implicit representations, we propose to use meta-learning to effectively incorporate cloth-deformation priors for clothed humans, thus enabling fast fine-tuning (few minutes) for generating neural avatars given only a few monocular depth images of unseen clothed humans and their corresponding SMPL fittings as inputs.

Meta learning is a branch of metacognition concerned with learning about one's own learning and learning processes. The term comes from the meta prefix's modern meaning of an abstract recursion, or "X about X", similar to its use in metaknowledge, metamemory, and meta-emotion.

Maybe, you're right.
But this is without a doubt the mega hype stage. Just look at the VR thread now, it's practically dead.
Once people actually start thinking, the reality always sets in.

Meta Avatar - this seems well thought out:
https://neuralbodies.github.io/metavatar/

Inspired by recent advances in meta-learned initializations for neural implicit representations, we propose to use meta-learning to effectively incorporate cloth-deformation priors for clothed humans, thus enabling fast fine-tuning (few minutes) for generating neural avatars given only a few monocular depth images of unseen clothed humans and their corresponding SMPL fittings as inputs.

Meta learning is a branch of metacognition concerned with learning about one's own learning and learning processes. The term comes from the meta prefix's modern meaning of an abstract recursion, or "X about X", similar to its use in metaknowledge, metamemory, and meta-emotion.

Still overthinking it. You don't need to get into all this abstract stuff. Buy good short meta domains with historically sound keywords then resell them. Best of luck.

ATMDS

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
bought my first good "meta" .com this week, meta+money

Money is probably not a traditional keyword for "meta", but with most metaverse projects being based on the blockchain, I think it can have a lot of applications.
i am also trying to get one, but every meta word is overpriced it seems

Impact
i am also trying to get one, but every meta word is overpriced it seems

bought my first good "meta" .com this week, meta+money

Money is probably not a traditional keyword for "meta", but with most metaverse projects being based on the blockchain, I think it can have a lot of applications.

Then what traditional keywords in the metaverse would be useful/applicable?
I thought money is pretty good, don't people in the metaverse need "money" to buy/sell things?
Isn't everything we do in the real world applicable in the metaverse?
Or am I not understanding what the metaverse will be LOL.

Last edited:

Kostas

Established Member
Impact
Then what traditional keywords in the metaverse would be useful/applicable?
Right now, most applications are targeted to gaming and art as far as I know, so a related keyword, even if it's not considered as strong as "money" on its own, it could do very well. In the long term though, I agree that most good keywords are applicable.

Impact
Right now, most applications are targeted to gaming and art as far as I know, so a related keyword, even if it's not considered as strong as "money" on its own, it could do very well. In the long term though, I agree that most good keywords are applicable.

art? why art? I thought art was mainly for NFT. Metaverse I thought was the virtual world.

biix