IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not asking for lawyers just seeking for some historians

•••
If meta becomes an accepted dictionary term as short for metaverse then shoudn't be a problem

Not a lawyer, just my opinion
Once again Apple and Amazon are accepted dictionary terms (common), but buy AppleClothes dot com, you won't of a leg to stand on if Apple wanted it and went the UDRP route.
If meta becomes an accepted dictionary term as short for metaverse then shoudn't be a problem
'Meta' is a dictionary term, but certainly not as common as 'apple' or 'amazon' and because it's not, you have to ask yourself does that make it even more of a risk?

All i will say is invest in 'Meta' domains, be prepared to get a letter from 'Meta' or put some money aside for lawyer fees to defend your asset, if people don't mind doing that, that is great, good luck to you and you may win. Me personally, i would rather stay away from it altogether.

All i will say is I've been proven right on 'Meta' so far, i said it 1 year ago as all these random $50k+ meta sales was happening that it was not going to last, much to the dismissal of others, people tried counter arguing how meta is something completely new and adopted by web3 etc and these sales would continue, but I’ve been proven right so far, i also said that soon ‘Meta’ would go the UDRP route rather than continuing to hand blank cheques out (again much to the dismissal of others) and that is what is happening.

I don't like seeing people lose money, so I take no pleasure in that, I’m just giving my honest opinion and if you want my opinion/predication for the next year, the usual suspects/cheerleaders will carry on hyping 'meta' domains here (even though they know it's going nowhere) just to sell their asset to some novice with dreams of getting a $50k+ sale themselves and then once out, won't be seen in a 'meta' thread or discussion again, I’ve seen it all before.

Within 1 year it will be widely accepted (just as Amazon and Apple) Meta domains are uninvestable.

Last edited:
•••
Once again Apple and Amazon are accepted dictionary terms (common), but buy AppleClothes dot com, you won't of a leg to stand on if Apple wanted it and went the UDRP route.

'Meta' is a dictionary term, but certainly not as common as 'apple' or 'amazon' and because it's not, you have to ask yourself does that make it even more of a risk?

All i will say is invest in 'Meta' domains, be prepared to get a letter from 'Meta' or put some money aside for lawyer fees to defend your asset, if people don't mind doing that, that is great, good luck to you and you may win. Me personally, i would rather stay away from it altogether.

All i will say is I've been proven right on 'Meta' so far, i said it 1 year ago as all these random $50k+ meta sales was happening that it was not going to last, much to the dismissal of others, people tried counter arguing how meta is something completely new and adopted by web3 etc and these sales would continue, but I’ve been proven right so far, i also said that soon ‘Meta’ would go the UDRP route rather than continuing to hand blank cheques out (again much to the dismissal of others) and that is what is happening.

I don't like seeing people lose money, so I take no pleasure in that, I’m just giving my honest opinion and if you want my opinion/predication for the next year, the usual suspects/cheerleaders will carry on hyping 'meta' domains here (even though they know it's going nowhere) just to sell their asset to some novice with dreams of getting a $50k+ sale themselves and then once out, won't be seen in a 'meta' thread or discussion again, I’ve seen it all before.

Within 1 year it will be widely accepted (just as Amazon and Apple) Meta domains are uninvestable.
Wrong comparison because in the cases of Apple and Amazon, they are being used as brandables so if you create a site with those words in the same niche of course there shoud be an issue

If Apple would be selling apples, then there shouldn't be a problem with buyapples etc
If Amazon would be a travel agency then there wouldn't be a problem in using visitamazon

I haven't checked if the meaning of meta in the dictionary but if It appears as synonymous of metaverse then I think there should not be a problem

I was saying the above in case meta becomes a synonymous of metaverse

Again, not legal advice just my opinion

Last edited:
•••

You literally post the same thing everyday here mate.

It's everyone who didn't invest in metaverse names at all, whether it's Meta or not that are now presenting themselves as experts yet they missed the boat and didn't walk away with 6 figures in sales last year like most who did listen to experts who've been doing this for a lot longer and predicted the trend.... I think we get your point @Kingslayer no one who is pro-metaverse is saying "Hey, go infringe on the rights of a company".

1) Ethical domainers don't infringe.
2) Meta Platforms is NOT the metaverse. Terms like Meta+Fashion, Meta+Data etc etc have been around a long time.

Again, NO ONE is saying "Go infringe".... But this thread was started for showcasing Metaverse domains and having healthy discusions and of course regarding the Metaverse not a Meta Platforms thread. There is a seperate thread for those discussions that can be utilized.

A lot of people subscribe to these threads for news and insights.... There are a lot of companies, big and small doing amazing things in this space from accessibility for the disabled to new forms of therapeutic gaming etc etc. Lets return this thread back to being a valuable reseource in our little yet global community.

Let's get this thread back to the OPs original goal and intentions whice are:

"Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news."

Please and Thank you

Last edited:
•••
You literally post the same thing everyday here mate.
I've not posted in this thread for months.

no one who is pro-metaverse is saying "Hey, go infringe on the rights of a company".

1) Ethical domainers don't infringe.
2) Meta Platforms is NOT the metaverse. Terms like Meta+Fashion, Meta+Data etc etc have been around a long time.

Again, NO ONE is saying "Go infringe"....
I'm not saying infringing is done intentionally and whether it is or isn't is irrelevant, the facts are 'Meta' are becoming more aggressive in defending it's brand and company name (Meta) that is not an opinion that is a fact, so all i am saying is invest in 'Meta' domains do so with a risk of getting a threatening letter from 'Meta' and the risk of a UDRP, have i made a false statement there? I can post several cases this year if you like?

But this thread was started for showcasing Metaverse domains and having healthy discusions and of course regarding the Metaverse not a Meta Platforms thread. There is a seperate thread for those discussions that can be utilized.
That is fair enough, but this is a thread people have always used for 'meta' domain talk too, was the main thread people used to talk about 'meta' domain sales when it was hot last year (pre-Facebooks rebrand), that you yourself used for posting your 'meta' domain sales and use for general 'meta' chat, if you believe this thread should only be used for 'metaverse' domains and 'metaverse' talk than why did you post your 'meta' domain sales here?

Last edited:
•••
That is fair enough, but this is a thread people have always used for 'meta' domain talk too, was the main thread people used to talk about 'meta' domain sales when it was hot last year (pre-Facebooks rebrand), that you yourself used for posting your 'meta' domain sales and use for general 'meta' chat, if you believe this thread should only be used for 'metaverse' domains and 'metaverse' talk than why did you post your 'meta' domain sales here?

1) There are already several ACTIVE seperate threads already discussing Meta Platforms and their trademarks and UDRP stuff. There's a reason why topics offshoot to seperate threads. Those would be more appropriate for the discussions you keep bringing up. That's all I'm saying. If you re-read what I've written, I've neither agreed with you nor disagreed with you. And for the record, I do not think you are saying anything off.

2) I said nothing about not posting names containing 'meta' or "meta talks" as you put (notice lowercase). One I say metaverse of course that includes meta just not in relations to META Platform. People keep disengenuosly linking the two which is wrong and detrimental to a healthy discussion. The metaverse domain sphere encompasses more then domains starting with meta+keyword or metaverse+keywords. There used to be whole spectrum discussions of keyword+verse keyword+etc,etc as they all relate to the metaverse. More news used to be posted from across the globe and not just Meta Platforms ongoing issues.

Just trying to reel this thread back towards being a helpful resource again of sharing names.... getting advice on those names.... discussing and debating names, and sharing news.

I humbly bow out from this discussion.

**Meta Platforms is NOT the Metaverse**

Last edited:
•••
If you re-read what I've written, I've neither agreed with you nor disagreed with you. And for the record, I do not think you are saying anything off.
You have clicked 'disagree' on 2 out my last 4 posts in this thread? :xf.confused:

Last edited:
•••
You have clicked 'disagree' on 2 out my last 4 posts in this thread? :xf.confused:
Because there are several OTHER elements in your post that you got wrong. Have a good night mate. I won't entertain this any further. Said what I had to say. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way in this thread.

•••
There have been a few examples on NamePros/social media of domain investors getting threating letters from ‘Meta’ demanding they hand over their domain or face legal action.

I’ve spoken about this before, the main reason ‘Meta’ was paying $50k+ for low/average quality keyword domains in random extensions before their rebrand is because no one could be accused of infringing on their trademark pre- rebrand announcement. If you registered or bought a ‘Meta+word’ domain before 28th October 2021, you can put out a strong case to say you bought this asset with no intention of infringing on ‘Meta’s’ brand.

But anything bought after the above date is a risk, i wish I got involved in Meta domains before ‘Meta’s’ rebrand, but today I wouldn’t touch a top keyword ‘Meta’ domain if someone offered me the .com on a silver platter.

People on here will tell you different, but that is because they want to sell their domains and if ‘Meta’ are not the buyer, they want to dump their domains onto a novice investor and let them be stuck with it, me I’ll just say it how it is, if anyone buys a ‘Meta’ domain you will struggle to sell to an end-user, few start-ups (if any) are going to call their companies Meta+word, more companies will move away Meta+word than brand around it (see Metabank).
There is a big difference risk wise between meta and metaverse. If Zuck wants another meta name down the road nothing to say they won’t try to get it via udrp If they don’t like your price. They have quietly been udrp-ing meta names all year. Nothing wrong in the least with anyone discussing the differences between the two terms.

There was a flurry of high sales of meta over a year ago very few in the context of how many were registered. This year metaverse has done better.

I personally think Meta Platforms has somewhat tainted the term meta but if acquired registered prior and not contacting trademark holders there is nothing wrong with holding good ones long term.

•••
I personally think Meta Platforms has somewhat tainted the term meta
Agree. Here is a reply i made in another thread a couple of weeks ago saying the same thing:-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/as...k-their-domain-holdings.1287472/#post-8750590

Edit:- FTR, other than me posting in this thread yesterday and today and making a comment in the above thread, i think it's the only time i've spoke 'meta' domains this year, Meta's losses are big news right now so a lot of people are talking about them and the metaverse.

Last edited:
•••
Chatted with a Godaddy broker, i believe CryptoMetaverse sold for around 34k nothing official though + another keyword + metaverse sold for high xx,xxx.
Owner got nda so cant say anything (not mine)

•••
And about Meta+Keyword

They are short and sweet and to the point and taken in a lot of extensions and of course safer if bought before the tm ( I missed those, but you cant win them all :ROFL: )

No idea where it's going really with meta platforms but these are the objective facts.

•••

(News 11/11)​

Exgoland: Building on Dubai's metaverse vision (click to read full article)​

Dubai is at the forefront of leveraging the $30 trillion market, working along the Prince's Metaverse Strategy. With this strategy, the government in Dubai expects to create 40,000+ jobs. Plus, it will help generate $4 billion in revenue for the economy by 2030.

1668165486033.png

•••
•••
Expired domain auction
1668276029538.png

Namebio

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
A brandable domain name
MettaVerssa.com

•••
•••
Why Tuvalu is building a digital replica of itself in the metaverse
"Tuvalu consists of a densely populated, scattered group of nine coral atolls with poor soil. Only eight of the atolls are inhabited. It is one of the smallest countries in the world, with its highest point at 4.6 meters above sea level.
The only airport in Tuvalu is on the main island, Funafuti. Second, its own population is dwindling, and the U.N. has it listed as one of the islands the most likely to disappear into the ocean in the 21st century."

Last edited:
•••
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)
MVb2B
in king. Relevant according to a cointelegraph article

•••
Chinese internet platforms try out metaverse, VR for Qatar World Cup matches
As the craze of the World Cup soccer tournament spreads across the globe, Chinese internet platforms are rushing to join the carnival and compete for a huge number of sports fans in the country by offering a "metaverse-like" viewing experience enabled by 5G and virtual reality (VR).
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202211/1279989.shtml

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back