IT.COM

metaverse.com /.org - Why is nothing going on?

NameSilo
Watch

Spector

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hey There,

I just would like to know,
why on this famous domain names, metaverse.com / .org,

nothing is going on...

Do you have an explanation for that?

These names would be a dream for any developer.

And being early to this new game is quite crucial.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now that's an interesting question.. almost all of the mega "meta" sales have yet to show anything!

•••
Now that's an interesting question.. almost all of the mega "meta" sales have yet to show anything!
yep,
think metaverse.org was reported to have been sold for around $350k?!

rumors go, the real price was higher...

Last edited:
•••
I can only speak for myself, if I was considering the acquisition. I don't want a brand associated with one of the biggest entities on the planet (Meta / Facebook). I want to be different, separate and unique in my own way. Then again, the beauty of other people is they're different, but it may explain why. IMO

Last edited:
•••
It happens. Some companies take their time with development.

I have about two names I sold early last year still pointing to Dan's nameservers.

Last edited:
•••
Hey There,

I just would like to know,
why on this famous domain names, metaverse.com / .org,

nothing is going on...

Do you have an explanation for that?

These names would be a dream for any developer.

And being early to this new game is quite crucial.
Maybe they're just holding on to it I guess?
It'd probably be extremely hard to find the perfect offer for such an in-demand niche.

•••
Metaverse.com doesn't resolve for me. Maybe the owner just wants to wait for the right buyer who would pay them the required millions. I don't see that the .com version has sold though.

•••
Probably metaverse.com is too generic to be commercial.
I mean, a company can't even trademark that.
An existing company could buy the domain so that it becomes more 'authoritative' in the space though.
As for .org, that's just yuk.. what kind of content could we put there? Some Wikipedia content?
Metaverse is a huge top-down generic thing. Actual implementation at the ground level is what's key here. All those things will from the bottom down build up the 'metaverse'. The scope of it is like to the extent of universe, except that it's 'meta' verse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back