domains MetaFB.net sells for $30,000 at Sedo regged last month

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The Meta train refuses to slowdown. MetaFB.net sold today for $30,000 at Sedo. Interestingly it was parked at DAN. The domain name was registered a little more than a month ago, 9/21/21 at GoDaddy. Congrats to the seller. MetaDating.net was registered at Dynadot two weeks ago and sold for $35,000 today at Sedo. I am surprised these nets are getting these prices on new handregs .io and .ai … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Must be Facebook as the buyer?

•••
So we should register metaSomething.something and wait 30.000€ from fb?

•••
Metafb.com also sold for $30.000 and was handregged 2021-07-30 - Crazy times, MetaFB is now regged in 470 extension according to dotDB

Last edited:
•••
Must be Facebook as the buyer?
Almost certainly not. Just another way to hype people up to buy rubbish... trademarked rubbish.

Libra anyone?

Last edited:
•••
Almost certainly not. Just another way to hype people up to buy rubbish... trademarked rubbish.

hate to burst your bubble, but uh yea you might may want to rethink your disagreement stance ….it’s looks silly to the “ones with a clue “ :)

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Just check with my wife, the buyer is not Facebook.

•••
hate to burst you angry bubble, but uh yea you might may want to rethink your disagreement and bitterness….it’s looks silly to the “ones with a clue “ :)
I'm not angry, insinuating that I am is just mean!! :xf.cry:

As someone with a clue please shed some light on what it is exactly that you are refuting? Whether meta is a trademark of the owner of Facebook?

•••
I'm not angry, insinuating that I am is just mean!! :xf.cry:

As someone with a clue please shed some light on what it is exactly that you are refuting? Whether meta is a trademark of the owner of Facebook?

I changed the angry part :)
This isn’t the the same as Libra for one.

“Meta” has a prefix has long been used by many companies and brands.

meta has also been used on the internet and even .net since before you and I were in domains.

I can’t shed much light on things I or may not know, but just start with the basic 1o1 in domaining ……”FB” the fact half the people on this forum can’t wrap their heads around whom might spend that kind of money on keyword+FB is mind boggling. Lol thinking to hard.

Big brands do defensive buys all the time.

Dig around ask around, might find better answers, it’s easy to write everything off as bs when people don’t know or understand. Also maybe ones that do know aren’t at liberty to say …..

I tried to share my knowledge on NFTs months back, and got mocked here…so I don’t talk as much anymore, I just set back and laugh.

worlds changing. Internet, Online world is changing faster…..The Metaverse is coming, it’s going to happen, and it’s begun

Btw FB has set aside $10B to start building the Metaverse ..time’s money. Business is business

They also are not the only ones buying, so people should buckle up. The entire world and Internet want front seat in the action.

I spend most my times on discord, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others as such….not so much here anymore.

GL this is long

Last edited:
•••
I changed the angry part :)
This isn’t the the same as Libra for one.

“Meta” has a prefix has long been used by many companies and brands.

meta as also been used on the internet and even .net since before you and I were in domains.

I can’t shed much light on things I or may not know, but just start with the basic 1o1 in domaining ……”FB” the fact half the people on this forum can wrap their heads around whom might spend that kind of money on keyword+FB is mind boggling. Lol thinking to hard.

Big brands do defensive buys all the time.

Dig around ask around, might find better answers, it’s easy to write everything off ass bs when people don’t know or understand. Also maybe ones that do know aren’t at liberty to say …..

I tried to share my knowledge on NFTs months back, and got mocked here…so I don’t tak as much anymore, I just set back and laugh.

worlds changing. Internet, Online world is changing faster…..The Metaverse is coming, it’s going to happen, and it’s begun

Btw FB has set aside $10B to start building the Metaverse ..times money. Business is business

They also are not the only ones buying, so people should buckle up. The entire world and Internet want front seat in the action.

I spend most my times on discord, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others as such….not so much here anymore.

GL this is long
I like your passion for the subject and I think you probably just spoke too hastily in response to my original quite measured message.

I do not believe that Facebook would buy such rubbish domains, even if they do have deep pockets. Metafb.net - what an awful name. They're not just bad domains, but they don't need to "protect" domains as bad as this, they have protection already... they own fb.com and meta.com and they have trademark word marks for both "fb" and "meta".

It's not just this, but zuck doesn't talk about "meta", the keyword he keeps parroting is "metaverse" and the big buzzword is "metaverse". He could have had his pick of the bunch before he hinted at the name change and the metaverse.

I'm happy to eat my words if I am wrong.

Last edited:
•••
Can’t stand TM regs and sales. Black eye for everyone in the industry.

•••

agreed!
Meta names are ok (but must be aware of the financial ones related to MetaBank)

but meta is wide open to use

keyword +FB. Is no no

Last edited:
•••
However FaceBook isn’t the only on in the game using FB apparently

FBNft.world take a look

Fatboy NFT Platform

Last edited:
•••
We had already this with MENA, Libra and what else... money waste

•••

@Keith not to derail the thread, but are you into NFTs yet? I know you got crypto locked down, if you don’t own a BAyC ape yet, why don’t you? You got a great portfolio of digital assets, that be a great shining star to add to it.

Last edited:
•••
We had already this with MENA, Libra and what else... money waste

Meta isn’t the same, it’s had use for a long time prior!

the hype is due to the fact people are using it to shorten METAVERSE which is the buzzword!

•••
@Keith not to derail the thread, but are you into NFTs yet? I know you got crypto locked down, if you don’t own a BAyC ape yet, why don’t you? You got a great portfolio of digital assets, that be a great shining star to add to it.
I own zero nfts. They have become a status symbol but don’t perform a function. Watch for these apes to plummet in value…

I will say that the chain of sales is a great concept. If I made money on domains I used to own, each time they sold….wow!

Last edited:
•••
It's not just this, but zuck doesn't talk about "meta", the keyword he keeps parroting is "metaverse" and the big buzzword is "metaverse". He could have had his pick of the bunch before he hinted at the name change and the metaverse.

g.

this we 100% agree on, that;s why Im 95% invested in Metaverse, and started the thread lol.

They buy names most wouldn't believe just so others can't / wont use /

I'm not speaking on the .net or which "name.... I'm going to say this in General.... F-B00K is Behind at least 1 of the latest large meta purchases and I'll leave it at that....there's almost as many unreported sales as there are reported ones.

•••
I own zero nfts. They have become a status symbol but don’t perform a function. Watch for these apes to plummet in value…

I will say that the chain of sales is a great concept. If I made money on domains I used to own, each time they sold….wow!

Respect you opinion. Kinda thought you'd be for it, so surprised

What do you think will happen to all the companies signing contracts with them?

Some of the biggest companies in the world of accepted NFTs

Gaming sports, Sotheby's you name it....

I own a few, and the communities are fire when it comes to resource knowledge tech its a whole new ecosystem.

Well I'm happy you've done well on bitcoin, you got that!

Last edited:
•••
Respect you opinion. Kinda thought you'd be for it, so surprised

What do you think will happen to all the companies signing contracts with them?

Some of the biggest companies in the world of accepted NFTs

Gaming sports, Sotheby's you name it....

I own a few, and the communities are fire when it comes to resource knowledge tech its a whole new ecosystem.

Well I'm happy you've done well on bitcoin, you got that!
I think the space has amazing potential. Pros and cons must always be weighed.

For me, domains, specifically .com, are the best bet now.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Metafb.com also sold for $30.000 and was handregged 2021-07-30 - Crazy times, MetaFB is now regged in 470 extension according to dotDB

owner of this net sale probably would never regged it if he didnt see the com sale.

oh well..good call for him... too bad we didnt tink of it...who knew right..thats.domaining.

normally a sane avg domainer does not bother with useless keyword like metafb in useless net tld

so sometimes u got to be bit insane

•••
It’s gonna be

FBf
romMeta

Last edited:
•••
Have meme stocks, and shitcoins finally moved to domains...like the only domains with value are the shittiest ones?

Terrible two word .NET regs from a few days ago to the moon!!!

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Back