domains MetaDating.net 2 weeks old sells for $35,000 at Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
This meta train is just a crazy train. One week and two week old domain names are selling for incredible R.O.I. MetaDating.net was registered at Dynadot two weeks ago and sold for $35,000 today at Sedo. I am surprised these nets are getting these prices on new handregs .io and .ai have stolen a bit […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What do you make of these sales Ray?

They're all on premium platforms, so can't really second guess the sale itself.

•••
sounds like money...laundering.

•••
It seems Someone is trying hard to revive Aftermarket of .net Extension. SELL .Net and Buy .COM

Last edited:
•••
sounds like money...laundering.

Wonder what effect this has on the aftermarket value of the corresponding .com versions of these names.

•••
It seems Someone is trying hard to revive Aftermarket of .net Extension. SELL .Net and Buy .COM

Law firms started buying the .net variants as well, recently.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
But Meta Dating , Meta Avatars has nothing to do with Law firms ?

Law firms buy for their clients. But not talking about these specific domains here.

Last edited:
•••
What do you make of these sales Ray?

They're all on premium platforms, so can't really second guess the sale itself.

Excellent point. DAN or Sedo are not committing fraud for a domain investor. So we know the transactions took place legitimately.

I think some are wondering if the buyer and seller are one in the same? Or if they are related. Another scenario is someone not that in tune with domain names with a lot of crypto money spending it on whatever they want?

Were the .coms tried for in the case of MetaDating, Metapayments, MetaRooms, MetaAvatars? I mean BuyDomains sold MetaBay.com for $1,300 a bunch of others in the $2,000 to $4,000 range.

•••
I’ve done business with wealthy people and multi-billion companies and they love to haggle.

So that would be my concern about ‘meta’ domains moving forward, why people are coming in with ridiculous opening offers ($20k+) for newly registered .net’s/.co’s or some other random extension, no minimum offers on these domains and just accepting a $50k+ counter?

If they came in with a $1500 opening offer and owner counters at $10000, but come back in at $2500 along with a note saying "final offer, no more" I bet they would get the domain, as a domain owner I’d be doing summersaults if I sold a non .com handreg in less than 2 weeks for $2500 normally.

By all means get excited by it, I even registered 2 ‘meta’ domains yesterday (my first handregs in 3 years), but don’t go mad with it all. I get the feeling this is all boosted for the sole reason that 1 or a few people have lots of money and want to get rid of it fast, so is it going to carry on?

1 month ago you could buy most top meta+word .com’s for under $5000, Metas*x.com sold for under $3000 less than a month ago.

Last edited:
•••
Great achievements….Congratulation for this wonderful deal.

•••
This is just stupid money. No reason for that kind of pricing, there has to be some kind of scheme taking place.

•••
Back