Impact
Hello,boys

Please help to appraise these 2 domains please ,
Metabankfb and metabankfinancial both dot COM

Thanks

Vane

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$0 for these names

You are moving into trademark territory with these names (Meta Financial Group, Facebook)

•••
maybe u mean fb lawyers ordered u to hand em free..and not talk about it? I mean it's one thing to own metagames and another to own metagamesfb or metagamesfacebook

Last edited:
•••
maybe u mean fo lawyers ordered u to hand em free..and not talk about it? I mean it's one thing to own metagames and another to own metagamesfb or metagamesfacebook
haha

Last edited:
•••
maybe u mean fo lawyers ordered u to hand em free..and not talk about it? I mean it's one thing to own metagames and another to own metagamesfb or metagamesfacebook
Nope,FB stands for Many things ,typically,its letters not a brand,while i admitted that Facebook is a brand

•••
Nope,FB stands for Many things ,typically,its letters not a brand,while i admitted that Facebook is a brand

very few here will believe u sold similar names directly to fb.. who told u to shut up about sales.. while u keep asking for appraisal for yet more fb names

good luck convincing FB lawyers that yer meta keyword names ... with fb attached to it...have nothing to do with facebook .. now called meta...lol

•••
very few here will believe u sold similar names directly to fb.. who told u to shut up about sales.. while u keep asking for appraisal for yet more fb names

good luck convincing FB lawyers that yer meta keyword names ... with fb attached to it...have nothing to do with facebook .. now called meta...lol

haha

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I agree with the guys above @VaneZhao

I think the one you had before (I can't remember what it was, but it was a "Meta"), you had that domain "before" Facebook announced any plans or say to do "Meta", which I partly remember a good while ago. Now that they are "Meta" and its out there...very different case. You shouldn't reg domains like this, they're trouble. IMO

Last edited:
•••
I agree to $0 too.

There is a simple rule in handregistring domains:
Stay away from any trademark conflicts.

At your domains for example its not the "FB" or "Financial" but the "MetaBank" which is not allowed:
1649322268922.png

source: uspto.gov

In my opinion you are playing with fire.
I'd recommend to delet the names, lesson learned and move on to new [legal] opportunities.

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
I agree to $0 too.

There is a simple rule in handregistring domains:
Stay away from any trademark conflicts.

At your domains for example its not the "FB" or "Financial" but the "MetaBank" which is not allowed:
Show attachment 213632
source: uspto.gov

In my opinion you are playing with fire.
I'd recommend to delet the names, lesson learned and move on to new [legal] opportunities.

Cheers!
Not big deal,I don't worry about it ,I even don't need to apply a
trademark in my country at all,metabankfb.com@, and I have lots of meta domains like metabank.ro and so on

•••
Yeah, I agree with the guys above @VaneZhao

I think the one you had before (I can't remember what it was, but it was a "Meta"), you had that domain "before" Facebook announced any plans or say to do "Meta", which I partly remember a good while ago. Now that they are "Meta" and its out there...very different case. You shouldn't reg domains like this, they're trouble. IMO
Facebook is a social company not a financial company,I don't worry about it at all cause thay don't have great impact on financial markets,They are newbie in Fin business,therefore,metabank is not influencial and not trademark at all
influence, I agree with the guys above @VaneZhao

I think the one you had before (I can't remember what it was, but it was a "Meta"), you had that domain "before" Facebook announced any plans or say to do "Meta", which I partly remember a good while ago. Now that they are "Meta" and its out there...very different case. You shouldn't reg domains like this, they're trouble. I

•••
Wish you best of luck.

But i think Meta/Facebook will not let you come away with this.
They spend $60,000,000 to aquire the trademark from its previous owner so they'll use and take care of it.

"Meta Platforms Inc, the owner of social network Facebook, is behind a US $60 million deal to acquire the trademark assets of U.S. regional bank Meta Financial Group, spokespeople for the companies said on Monday.

The deal underscores how valuable the Meta name has become for the technology giant, which is betting that its focus on the metaverse-shared digital spaces accessed via the internet through an array of devices will pay off handsomely in the coming years.

In a regulatory filing on Monday, Meta Financial said that a Delaware company called Beige Key LLC agreed to acquire the worldwide rights to its company names for $60 million in cash. It did not reveal who the owner of Beige Key was.

A Meta Platforms spokeswoman said that Beige Key is affiliated with us and that we have acquired these trademark assets. Meta Platforms' involvement was confirmed by a MetaBank spokesman."

source: https://fa.news/articles/facebook_owner_meta_platforms_buys_metabank_trademark-79263/

•••
Wish you best of luck.

But i think Meta/Facebook will not let you come away with this.
They spend $60,000,000 to aquire the trademark from its previous owner so they'll use and take care of it.

"Meta Platforms Inc, the owner of social network Facebook, is behind a US $60 million deal to acquire the trademark assets of U.S. regional bank Meta Financial Group, spokespeople for the companies said on Monday.

The deal underscores how valuable the Meta name has become for the technology giant, which is betting that its focus on the metaverse-shared digital spaces accessed via the internet through an array of devices will pay off handsomely in the coming years.

In a regulatory filing on Monday, Meta Financial said that a Delaware company called Beige Key LLC agreed to acquire the worldwide rights to its company names for $60 million in cash. It did not reveal who the owner of Beige Key was.

A Meta Platforms spokeswoman said that Beige Key is affiliated with us and that we have acquired these trademark assets. Meta Platforms' involvement was confirmed by a MetaBank spokesman."

source: https://fa.news/articles/facebook_owner_meta_platforms_buys_metabank_trademark-79263/
There is no need to worry about it at all,bro

•••
Facebook is a social company not a financial company,I don't worry about it at all cause thay don't have great impact on financial markets,They are newbie in Fin business,therefore,metabank is not influencial and not trademark at all
They certainly do have influence on financial markets. They're one of the biggest entities on the planet

If you find an offer and go unscathed, I have to assume you're a goddess that is aloud to do whatever you want. Power to you, I'd be beyond surprised

Last edited:
•••
honestly... i dont believe u sold similar names to Facebook and can be sure of it and prove it..

•••
They certainly do have influence on financial markets. They're one of the biggest entities on the planet

If you find an offer and go unscathed, I have to assume you're a goddess that is aloud to do whatever you want. Power to you, I'd be beyond surp

If you find an offer and go unscathed, I have to assume you're a goddess that is aloud to do whatever you want. Power to you, I'd be beyond surprised
considering 50000 USD is reasonable if they show interest in it,haha,obviously,Its a joke!

•••
They have loads of trademarks relating to finance

•••
They have loads of trademarks relating to finance
Aha,They are Americans while im Chinese,Chinese never ,ever ,and forever afraid of any American trademarks,Thats why i owned these domains and don't consider it is a trademark at all.

•••
Aha,They are Americans while im Chinese,Chinese never ,ever ,and forever afraid of any American trademarks,Thats why i owned these domains and don't consider it is a trademark at all.
I understand what you're saying. But they won't have any sympathy for that if it goes to UDRP arbitration. Also any worth of the name derives from the fact that they are trademarks, so you know they're trademarks but you're pretending that they're not but the only reason why anyone would want to own them is so that the trademark owner would buy them.

Last edited:
•••

I understand what you're saying. But they won't have any sympathy for that if it goes to UDRP arbitration. Also any worth of the name derives from the fact that they are trademarks, so you know they're trademarks but you're pretending that they're not but the only reason why anyone would want to own them is so that the trademark owner would buy them.
Aha,just bring it,im here waitting for them all the time

•••
I think you're misunderstanding my point. The panel at WIPO won't care that you don't care about trademarks.

•••

so how much did Facebook pay so far for all domains u sold em? the ones u cant talk about and nobody believes lol

maybe u can use this money when their lawyers come knocking

•••
so how much did Facebook pay so far for all domains u sold em? the ones u cant talk about and nobody believes lol

maybe u can use this money when their lawyers come knockin

for 7 meta domains,subtotal for 350000USD

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back