Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
I just noticed that the domain name

meta.com
META.COM

is offered for sale (make offer) on domain name marketplace DAN.com, see (red marked) screenshots below.

upload_2021-10-30_11-48-47.png

upload_2021-10-30_11-51-58.png

upload_2021-10-30_11-52-40.png

The domain name is listed by "Domain seller" (standard name as long as you don't change it).

Is it an old listing?
Is it an error?

or

Was the rebranding of
Facebook Inc., to Meta Platforms Inc., just a marketing gag?
(I don't think so.)

Maybe @DAN.COM wants to reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is a scam or old listing and should be reported to DAN. Going to the web address it still very much belongs to FB.

•••
I don't know.

Another possibility is that the domain name (meta.com (META.COM)) is not / was never owned by Zuckerberg('s companies) and he (they) currently have just a referral agreement with the owner as long the owner doesn't sell it which could mean the listing is genuine (although hard to believe).

•••
I don't know.

Another possibility is that the domain name (meta.com (META.COM)) is not / was never owned by Zuckerberg('s companies) and he (they) currently have just a referral agreement with the owner as long the owner doesn't sell it which could mean the listing is genuine (although hard to believe).
🤣🤣🤣

•••
A WHOIS call shows that the domain name was updated only hours ago ago.

upload_2021-10-30_12-55-25.png

•••
🤣

It's an absurd theory, I know - but ... can you exclude it?
Do you have any proof that the domain name is owned by Zuckerberg(s company/ies)?

I can't / don't.

All I know is that the domain name ...

- was forwarding to the .org version and that it
- is forwarding to a facebook.com subdomain and that it
- is listed on sale at dan.com now

... so there is enough room for speculation (it's entertaining).

•••
UPDATE

The listing has vanished.

upload_2021-10-30_13-11-14.png

•••
LOL, funny story! :laugh:

Ofc the listing was fake.
It is always good to double check the domain listing if there is any doubt.

•••
The listing (itself) was actually real (as we can see).

The point is we don't know the circumstance / reason how / why it got / was listed (and for how long it was already listed before I noticed it), it's just an assumption to say "fake" / "scam" / etc. without knowing it.

Maybe it was indeed the (old / undeleted) listing by the former owner (although hard to imagine as it would have been detected already as I assume).

•••
A reply / explanation (if they have one) from @DAN.COM would still be interesting.

•••
It looks like @DAN.COM doesn't have an explanation here, unfortunately.

•••
FB bought a defunct VR Goggles company that did own it for years
Maybe they listed it as a bankruptcy asset before FB bought the whole company to get the name

FB has owned it for two years now

Zuck is that far ahead of the game...

•••
And I am far ahead of another game.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back