IT.COM

domains Meta.co.uk rebrands as Herd.io

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
After nearly 10 years as Meta (meta.co.uk), we’re thrilled to announce that we're evolving to Herd (Herd.io).

welcome-to-the-herd_1920x.jpg

Our exciting rebrand comes at a time when it’s more important than ever to stand out from the crowd – moving away from an old name that could get confused with a certain social media giant’s new virtual universe.

But it’s about more than just that elephant in the room. Over the course of the pandemic, we have accelerated our growth, welcoming six new faces to the team and a raft of new partners. As a team, we felt the time was right for a change.

read more (Herd PR)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think they rec. a huge amount of money from facebook since meta.uk was sold...so they 'rebrand'

Last edited:
•••
Brilliant news. I'm glad they did that and I hope that they got a whacking great sum of cash as eluded to by dot.us. This meta.co.uk domain will go nicely with the meta.uk name that Meta picked up earlier.

Last edited:
•••
I sense a bit of: "There's a big company out there called Facebook that has rebranded to Meta, and we want to change our name to be different" or "Facebook offered us money, and it was pretty nice". I mean...just say it, than dance around it with a different explanation. Too much of a coincidence

Last edited:
•••
"Our exciting rebrand comes at a time when it’s more important than ever to stand out from the crowd – moving away from an old name that could get confused with a certain social media giant’s new virtual universe."

Actually, they did say it. I've misjudged

•••
Since they are still redirecting it to Herd.io they might not have gotten that payday yet.

•••
Since they are still redirecting it to Herd.io they might not have gotten that payday yet.

Or maybe yes but they have a signed contract wiht Facebook that they have to endure the redirection to their new brand for X months.

•••
As much as I despise sub-domain branding, this is downgrade imho in terms of naming. WTH is herd.io.. All these cattle-related domains selling eg. stable.com

Money talks, and if the cause was an awesome offer and the effect was to rebrand, fine power to them.

•••
"Our exciting rebrand comes at a time when it’s more important than ever to stand out from the crowd – moving away from an old name that could get confused with a certain social media giant’s new virtual universe."

Actually, they did say it. I've misjudged
I still think they were offered a nice sum

•••
•••
Time will tell
Kindly put your multiple short replies into one post and instead, use multiple quotes in one post? That will help keep the threads short and clean.

•••
A company that was ahead of its time with the perfect name. I agree a name change was necessary. I hope the funds they received will propel them forward.. Congratulations Herd.

•••
Back