IT.COM

showcase Merged Reality Domain Showcase

NameSilo
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Not sure where Merged Reality is going and how successful the term will become in the coming years, but it's good to start this thread in case more domain investors dabble in this tech "just in case".

I politely ask that NPers be positive and please direct any debates about the differences between Merged Reality and other "Realities" to another thread. It's now Aug. 2016! Cheers! And please remember to do your own research before investing names in ANY industry.

For more info on what Merged Reality is:

https://iq.intel.com/what-the-tech-12-tech-terms-to-know-now/
https://medium.com/@bkrunner/merged-reality-the-best-of-all-worlds-f6d1480b855d#.ezr9f1sj2
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/16/12503948/intel-project-allow-vr-headset-cordless-mixed-reality

Below are some videos promoting "Merged Reality" :

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I received an offer for all five of my Merged Reality domains. To be honest, I don't see the point in valuating a price in this niche, because there's only a perceived possibility of a niche even occuring. The actual niche doesn't exist yet and Wintel has revealed very little about were they're going with it. So I don't think it's very productive to sell at this point, unless you have some shitty Merged Reality domains that you shouldn't have bought in the first place.

Last edited:
•••
All it takes is one TV commercial from a major player, introducing a RETAIL product or service, using the term "Merged Reality". That would instantly give your domains value. Before that happens, don't hold your breath.

•••
All it takes is one TV commercial from a major player, introducing a RETAIL product or service, using the term "Merged Reality". That would instantly give your domains value. Before that happens, don't hold your breath.

Turned down a similar offer this morning for my top keyword Merged Reality domains.

The way I see it Intel have positioned themselves quite well in the fact they will be supplying their tech to companies wishing to produce their own products based on the technology Intel claims is called "merged reality".

I think it is highly likely Intel will stick to this terminology and they have the ability to work with some big companies.

There is currently no merged reality niche, but I do believe Intel does want to try and create one :)

I also see it a positive sign that Intel are kitting out some major sport arena's with their realsense Cam technology which they gained a contract for to showcase their 360 replay technology.

They showcased the potential of this in their promo video. They do mention merged reality is a new way to view sporting events.

I think by renewal time next year we might be presented with enough hints to make an informed decision as whether to renew or not!

Last edited:
•••
http://www.sci-tech-today.com/news/...er-Movidius/story.xhtml?story_id=013001G9L10O

Intel Acquires Movidius To Accelerate 'Computer Vision' Development'

Giving 'Sight to Smart Devices'

"The ability to track, navigate, map and recognize both scenes and objects using Movidius' low-power and high-performance SoCs [systems on chips] opens opportunities in areas where heat, battery life and form factors are key," Josh Walden, senior vice president and general manager of Intel's New Technology Group, wrote in a blog post yesterday. "Specifically, we will look to deploy the technology across our efforts in augmented, virtual and merged reality (AR/VR/MR), drones, robotics, digital security cameras and beyond."

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Someone told me in a pm to post my latest buy this thread the other day, I never got round to doing it so here it is:-
2yuaa3b.jpg

Also a really good article here from Intel's CEO explaining what Merged Reality is and it's potential:-

https://medium.com/@bkrunner/merged-reality-the-best-of-all-worlds-f6d1480b855d#.f0a42bm4f

•••
•••
I give it a try with mergedrealitydrones /com

•••
Someone told me in a pm to post my latest buy this thread the other day, I never got round to doing it so here it is:-
2yuaa3b.jpg

Also a really good article here from Intel's CEO explaining what Merged Reality is and it's potential:-

https://medium.com/@bkrunner/merged-reality-the-best-of-all-worlds-f6d1480b855d#.f0a42bm4f

Congrats!

One month - Since August (Intel notification) there are 125 000 match for the "merged reality" exact search, mostly tech and VR blogs and large portals.

•••
Since I posted in this thread earlier, had an e-mail offering me $20 (lol) and had a pm from a NamePros member offering me $1500 for it. When I explained if I sold for that, I’d be taking a loss, they then offered to give me whatever I paid for it plus 50%, I kindly declined, but fair play, thought it was a good offer.

Can easy see how people make a living domaining full-time though, I’ve only been investing in the aftermarket since the start of the year, but working out all the offers I’ve received; I probably could have paid my yearly salary if i was a flipper.

Just wish my hand-regs had more offers :xf.rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Since I posted in this thread earlier, had an e-mail offering me $20 (lol) and had a pm from a NamePros member offering me $1500 for it. When I explained if I sold for that, I’d be taking a loss, they then offered to give me whatever I paid for it plus 50%, I kindly declined, but fair play, thought it was a good offer.

Can easy see how people make a living domaining full-time though, I’ve only been investing in the aftermarket since the start of the year, but working out all the offers I’ve received; I probably could have paid my yearly salary if sold them.

Just my

If you also added to the equation the money you spent buying domains then well done, you are in a good situation :)

•••

Can easy see how people make a living domaining full-time though, I’ve only been investing in the aftermarket since the start of the year, but working out all the offers I’ve received; I probably could have paid my yearly salary if i was a flipper.

Just wish my hand-regs had more offers :xf.rolleyes:

Thinking about it, while i dont believe mergedreality+keyword will have a future, mergedreality.com might be a good purchase(again depends on the price) as mergedreality term even if wont represent a technology is a something that that relates to this future mixed world we are facing.

•••
Thinking about it, while i dont believe mergedreality+keyword will have a future, mergedreality.com might be a good purchase(again depends on the price) as mergedreality term even if wont represent a technology is a something that that relates to this future mixed world we are facing.

That's what i thought when i regged MergingReality/MergingRealities 9 months ago and even when i bought Merged, I do it with all my aftermarket buys. Weigh everything up, think of worst case and ask yourself could it still represent something even if what you originally bought it for doesn't go as planned.

Also don't count out MergedRealityKeyword names, the term as huge backing by Intel, Microsoft are also supporting it and as you can see by reading this thread, MergedRealityKeyword names have been getting offers, so potential market is there.

•••
That's what i thought when i regged MergingReality/MergingRealities 9 months ago and even when i bought Merged, I do it with all my aftermarket buys. Weigh everything up, think of worst case and ask yourself could it still represent something even if what you originally bought it for doesn't go as planned.

Also don't count out MergedRealityKeyword names, the term as huge backing by Intel, Microsoft are also supporting it and as you can see by reading this thread, MergedRealityKeyword names have been getting offers, so potential market is there.

we all make our bets and roll the dice.
i rolled mine :laugh:
Let it roll!

•••
only got one MergedReality name (it was the only .games that had reasonable regfee):

upload_2016-9-23_17-14-30.png

•••

InContext Solutions Working with Intel to Develop New Virtual Reality Solutions for Retail

“Intel believes virtual reality has great potential to disrupt retail and manufacturing, and InContext’s platform has demonstrated the value VR and merged reality can provide to those industries,” said Joe D. Jensen, vice president of the Internet of Things Group and general manager of the Retail Solutions division at Intel Corp. “We’re pleased to enter this relationship to bring best-in-class VR to market.”

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...lutions-Working-Intel-Develop-Virtual-Reality

•••
•••
•••
Just been doing a bit of research on Twitter and found this tweet:-

https://twitter.com/rainisto/status/787622318323462145?lang=en-gb

This looks to be the guys company:-

https://twitter.com/varjodotcom

So yeah, the first 'Merged Reality' start-up company I've come across. Something to keep an eye on.

It's quite funny though how the name of the company combines "VAR".

I am pretty confident that end users will look at Merged Reality as an option, especially once Intel start rolling out their hardware for partners to develop next year.

It was always going to be the case that things would go quiet after the initial announcement, but we should have a good idea by the end of next year where the term merged reality stands.

Last edited:
•••
WhatIsMR

I'm pretty happy with this one. It can be used for MergedReality and/or MixedReality. That's why I left the long tails behind.

Speaking of, WhatIsMergedReality is still available for those still reg'n in this space.

Cheers!

•••
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...cking-augmented-virtual-reality-headset-rumor

Google reportedly building eye-tracking headset that mixes VR with the real world

From the sounds of it, this merged reality concept seems to resemble that of Microsoft's HoloLens, though we know very little about Google's plans for this product and what features it will offer. The report reveals that some components powering Google's futuristic device are being provided by Movidius, the computer vision company that Intel is acquiring for an undisclosed sum.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back