Dynadot

sales MedicalRecordsReview.com – Sold for $68,500 - I am not sure why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
medicalrecord.com, recordreview.com, and medicalrecordreview.com are listed with a buy-it-now price of $33k and $9k and $5k respectively, so this one seems super-fishy.

I have over 15 years experience in a hospital healthcare environment with direct access to sensitive medical records to back this up.
We'll see in a few months. But the fact that it was picked up on Dropcatch of all places makes me wonder if it really was picked up by an end-user.

•••
Thats the typical habit of humans in domain business , when a normal domain sold overprice , people start finding one hundred reasons and digging trying to get convinced finally that this domain could be really valuable and worth this price !!
but when the same domain sold for $100 dollar only or nobody bought it and got deleted then nobody got surprised or shocked why it ended up like this !!

IMO for 3 words domain its not worth this price with whatever hot keywords included it should not exceed 5K maximum .

Last edited:
•••
•••
it can still be a fake buyer
Great point!

If this was an expired domain auction, then on DropCatch you have to pay after the auction.

Do we have any proof that this buyer has indeed paid that amount for this domain?

I think three-word domains are generally not good (there are a few exceptions though). Just stick with two words.

•••
So far the domain doesn't appear to have been paid for. DropCatch gives about 4 days for payments, sometimes willing to stretch it to 10 days after communication with the buyer. My prediction: It will go back to auction after all the relevant bids are removed.

•••
So far the domain doesn't appear to have been paid for. DropCatch gives about 4 days for payments, sometimes willing to stretch it to 10 days after communication with the buyer. My prediction: It will go back to auction after all the relevant bids are removed.
So a timewaster/shill bidder involved perhaps?

•••
Thats the typical habit of humans in domain business , when a normal domain sold overprice , people start finding one hundred reasons and digging trying to get convinced finally that this domain could be really valuable and worth this price !!
I think that's a little bit over the top. I think most competent domainers are willing to offer an opinion because they see the business model, That doesn't mean they always agree with the final price. It would have taken two bidders to bring up to his price, possibly they are both shrill but, I doubt it,

Sure, from time-to-time your going to get those heavily invested in a certain niche, praising to the heavens any high-sale under that heading. then justifying their own domain valuations. It just seems too early to draw conclusions on this particular sale just yet.

And we do have the skeptics on just about any sale, that equally is in their nature. I don't own any domains in the health niche - sold any I had a long time ago

Last edited:
•••
Is it wise for "domain sale" to be reported even before they have been fully paid?

In this case, it appears that there have been 1K views of this thread. Whether the sale goes through or doesn't, the point is that this was not a completed sale yet?

Perhaps posting are best limited in the future to only FINALIZED sales?

•••
Perhaps posting are best limited in the future to only FINALIZED sales?

Do you mean reporting (posting) on NP?

Like they say, "It is what it is." All in all, it's good for healthy debate, and the discussion and disagreement is part of the overall domaining equation.

I may also need to eat crow because I'm beginning to have my own doubts about the "price tag". Oh well...

Last edited:
•••
Do you mean reporting (posting) on NP?
Well, would it be better, even on the internet in general, to not have "sales" reported until they are actually finalized. After all, there are inexperienced individuals out there, who might be influenced by such a "sale" to then buy or change their sales prices on related domains.

Like they say, "It is what it is." All in all, it's good for healthy debate, and the discussion and disagreement is part of the overall domaining equation.
Yes, but for many they will simply read the title, and assume that that the sale is fact, and perhaps never even delve further into the thread.
I may also need to eat crow because I'm beginning to have my own doubts about the "price tag". Oh well...

Your perspective and insights are appreciated, especially given your extensive experience. Thanks for contributing to the thread!

Last edited:
•••
Well, would it be better, even on the internet in general, to not have "sales" reported until they are actually finalized. After all, there are inexperienced individuals out there, who might be influenced by such a "sale" to then buy or change their sales prices on related domains.
The beneficiaries are almost always the registrar, registry and auction platforms that get free publicity and have a flood of buyers and registrants (newbies and experienced alike) spending more money with them...

...only for ICANN to allow more domain price hikes every month

Last edited:
•••
The beneficiaries are almost always the registrar, registry and auction platforms that get free publicity and have a flood of buyers and registrants (newbies and experienced alike) spending more money with them...

...only for ICANN to allow more domain price hikes every month
Still, I expect the name to go for a decent (albeit) lesser price as the med industry is ripe for innovation.

•••
Yesterday the domain name MedicalRecordsReview(.)com – Sold for $68,500 on DropCatch(.)com - However I don't understand why, it only had 15 backlinks... Am I missing something?
Well, the domain still appears in Whois as listed with Dropcatch. Likewise, lookup.icann.org doesn't show a new owner.
Did the sale not go through? It has been over 10 days, so perhaps you weren't missing something?

Maybe it wasn't a real bidder? Or perhaps simply a delayed payment?
Certainly a catchy domain, but the selling price was surprising to me as well.

Last edited:
•••
Well, the domain still appears in Whois as listed with Dropcatch. Likewise, lookup.icann.org doesn't show a new owner.
Did the sale not go through? It has been over 10 days, so perhaps you weren't missing something?

Maybe it wasn't a real bidder? Or perhaps simply a delayed payment?
Certainly a catchy domain, but the selling price was surprising to me as well.
everything dropcatch catches using one of their many dropcatch registrars will show dropcatch even after you pay.

•••
medicalrecord.com, recordreview.com, and medicalrecordreview.com are listed with a buy-it-now price of $33k and $9k and $5k respectively, so this one seems super-fishy.

We'll see in a few months. But the fact that it was picked up on Dropcatch of all places makes me wonder if it really was picked up by an end-user.
Medicalrecordreview.com goes to a make offer lander on Buy Domain's site, so I'm not sure if they hiked whatever price you saw after the DC auction.

•••
Medicalrecordreview.com goes to a make offer lander on Buy Domain's site, so I'm not sure if they hiked whatever price you saw after the DC auction.
no, still 4888 and 700 min offer on afternic

•••
•••
Back