IT.COM

.biz .Me or .Biz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i know, i know, it's not a .com--however, it is 1 word and it could work as a blog with .me. Or, if you wanted to start a business (.biz) the keyword works too--but better for .me.

which has a potential higher value? I think i want to keep this one for a while. But, i wouldn't turn down good offers.

ty in advance! Sorry to be cryptic, haven't purchased yet.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Between those two, .me.

With this

"

.me is considered by Google as Global too and it ranks just fine. I only have 1 .me site I've developed, no issues.

What was brought up in a post above. I can't think of any .biz sites but I can with .me because more startups use it, it's a more social web nowadays, press wise I see more sites with .me than .biz etc.

Agree with you, .biz is more for business and .me for social and web 2.0

•••
I don't like either .me or .biz

•••
In my opinion, ME is more for the serious entrepreneur, developer, and less for the domainer -- who just likes to flip

I've sold DOTME names for quite a bit, and I have one of the top dotme developed sites, and we will be launching what I hope will be the third most visited dotme site very soon - will be hard to surpass formspring.me or about.me -- both with valuations in the $ hundreds of million

•••
I've sold DOTME names for quite a bit, and I have one of the top dotme developed sites, and we will be launching what I hope will be the third most visited dotme site very soon - will be hard to surpass formspring.me or about.me -- both with valuations in the $ hundreds of million

Care to share? :]

•••
personally id bypass both and get a .com

or hell even try a .co

•••
Bold claim. Care to back it up?

•••
•••
As far as end users go .BIZ, except for quality hacks.

If you look at the Alexa traffic rankings -

.BIZ - 1000 sites in the top 286,000
.ME - 1000 sites in the top 627,000

It also depends on the term itself.

Love.me makes more sense than Love.biz and is worth more, but a commercial term like Landscaping makes far more sense in .BIZ

Brad

•••
As far as end users go .BIZ, except for quality hacks.

If you look at the Alexa traffic rankings -

.BIZ - 1000 sites in the top 286,000
.ME - 1000 sites in the top 627,000

It also depends on the term itself.

Love.me makes more sense than Love.biz and is worth more, but a commercial term like Landscaping makes far more sense in .BIZ

Brad

As far as that, you have to keep in mind, .biz has been around about 10 years and .me only 4. So those stats show .me is doing pretty good vs .biz

Also, just checked Alexa top 500 USA
.biz - 0
.me - 1

Hoster Stats for this year.
.biz + 34,278
.me + 46,390

And again, lot more startups using the .me domain. You simply have to read sites like techcrunch and such, I don't remember seeing any .biz but .me, yes and for business. Between those 2, the .biz is kind of "old" with .me the newer kid on the block that people are seeing more than the .biz with just how social the web has gotten in even just the last few years.

And you see stuff like this nowadays, that you won't see with .biz -

Silicon Valley Now Using ME Domain Names For Branding

http://www.adi-news.com/silicon-valley-now-using-me-domain-names-for-branding/26717/

Business is a lot more personal nowadays, so it's works for business as well.

How about sales? Just check year end for 2010 -

Highest reported 2010 .biz, .info, .mobi, .net, .org & .pro
domain sales through Jan. 2, 2011
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2010/2010-final-ytd-sales-charts.htm

Only 1 .biz, email.biz $12,160, the others are doing better.

Looking at the cctlds, couple of .me for $26,000+ each.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back