Dynadot

question .me always taken

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
.me domains are always taken. It is impossible to register any recent .me drop.
This is the only tld like this. Very strange. Any explanation?
I mean, it can't be explained with high demand.
I bought a few .me domains a few years ago, better than most of current drops,
there was no interest and I dropped them.
(Actually I sold one for low 4 figures. It was cheap.
As usual someone made 5 figures from my 4 figure sale (probably).)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The same thing happens for .app too, even for auctions.

Last edited:
•••
It is with every extension other than .biz, .mobi etc

Either taken or premium registry.

Maybe lots of people taking a bet seeing xyz sales or they are selling quietly and making bank secretly.

•••

If registry think is premium for a drop name they will take & put for sale at high price same thing with biz , co etc..

•••
•••
So, where do we go to register a registry premium .me domain (not aftermarket)?

For example I go to domain.me , they say, it is available, visit one of our partners. I go to those partner registrars, all say, domain taken. But it is not. They just want to get our data before they price the domain, just like greedy registrars who play both sides. But there must be at least one registrar where I can see the price.
This doesn't mean I'm not fan of .me. But it is annoying that all .me are taken including average ones at every registrar, as if there is high demand. .me sounds like selfishness.

•••
If registry think is premium for a drop name they will take & put for sale at high price same thing with biz , co etc..
yep! I found some great 3 letter .biz domains, but the registrar wanted over $1k for them.

•••
So where do we register a .me domain which is available (, but still taken according to all registrars I check).

•••

For example I go to domain.me , they say, it is available, visit one of our partners. I go to those partner registrars, all say, domain taken. But it is not. They just want to get our data before they price the domain, just like greedy registrars who play both sides. But there must be at least one registrar where I can see the price.
This doesn't mean I'm not fan of .me. But it is annoying that all .me are taken including average ones at every registrar, as if there is high demand. .me sounds like selfishness.
But according to @Joe Styler of Go-Daddy domain sellers are honest , trustworthy & reliable 🤣

Last edited:
•••

I just checked a few at domain.me, one is premium and available at partners, checked on GD and It's available for a greedy price

Last edited:
•••
I just checked a few at domain.me, one is premium and available at partners, checked on GD and It's available for a greedy price
@Joe Styler would disagree with you honey 🤣 GD is honest & trustworthy according to Joey

They got busted years ago regging looked up names among other things ( if u believe GD & other reg partners have stopped finding ways to screw over the little person I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'm looking to sell 🤣 )

godaddysucks.com was started by former employees who was Dishing the dirt on GD greedy practices ....... So GD bought them out & buried the website ⚰️

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler would disagree with you honey 🤣 GD is honest & trustworthy according to Joey

They got busted years ago regging looked up names among other things ( if u believe GD & other reg partners have stopped finding ways to screw over the little person I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'm looking to sell 🤣 )

godaddysucks.com was started by former employees who was Dishing the dirt on GD greedy practices ....... So GD bought them out & buried the website ⚰️
Prices are set in the most part by registries

Anyway I was saying that in GD appears names available for registration in response to @topdom that he says He doesn't see them available

Last edited:
•••
This thread is a load of dung.

Hearsay, speculation, bunk.

Disagree? Prove your case without all the b*tching and whining.

Last edited:
•••

That's to the point! Ok, guys, you're upsetting my buddy here. Perhaps it is worth showing the evidence to lay this matter to rest before the New Year!

Last edited:
•••

If you did a little research you'd find out that Go-Daddy & other registry partners have participated in " SHADY " practices concerning domains

Alot of money 💵 is involved with domains & people get greedy , it's " NAIVE " to say the least to think that reg partners haven't " screwed " people over .

I find it 🤣 when people just take the registry's word that nothing shady is going on
" Hey folks ...... you can believe us even though we got caught doing some stuff we're NOT really doing it cause we told you so , you can trust us "

rigging auctions , holding back domains for certain people , crazy assed prices on " premium " domains , etc,etc

Last edited:
•••
I picked up anything.me the other day, I thought that was pretty nice.

•••
•••
Back