Dynadot

information .MD ccTLD will no longer support single character domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received an email today (quoted below) from the .MD registry that suggests I will no longer be able to renew my single character .MD domain.

I am confirming the details with the registry but making this post to serve as a warning incase anyone is looking to buy a single character .MD domain.

Hereby, Public Institution "Information Technology and Cyber Security Service" , is honored to offer you Subdomain name registration services in the .md top level domain . We would like to inform you that subdomain name registration services in the .md top level domain are provided according to Regulation on the management of the top-level domain .md approved by decision of the National Regulatory Agency for Electronic Communications and Information Technology No. 42/2020 (hereinafter referred to as Regulation), its provisions being applied to all Registrants of .md subdomain names.

The requirements for registration of a subdomain name in the .md top level domain are stipulated accordingly to point 8.4 from Regulation: ”the minimum length of a subdomain name are 2 (two) characters and the maximum length of a subdomain name are 63 (sixty three) characters” and are applied to all Registrants for registration and renewal of .md subdomain names.

Thus, the registrants of .md subdomain names from a single character, will not be able to re-register the given service, this being available only for the remaining life period, until its final liquidation from system.

According to given circumstances informs you about the possibility of identifying another .md subdomain as soon as possible, through the verification service WHOIS.

We will be happy to continue this collaboration, to respond promptly to your requests and to offer you high quality services.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Insane ^ but this is a CCTLD and not a GTLD

what was your renewal

•••
•••
Do you get your money back?

•••
I have the same problem. They want to take the .MD domain (in one character).
What can be done? Who can advise?

Last edited:
•••
Back