IT.COM

MCCAIN'S VP CHOICE: Sarah Palin

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Would like to know your opinion on this choice.

Do you think it was a smart, wise, bold, stupid or don't give a damn choice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mark said:
As much as I Hate these damn threads (They cause nothing but problems and bad feelings between members who otherwise would be friends and do Business together - Which has no Place in a DOMAIN FORUM) - I will say this.

Why are so many people worried about Candidates Experience (Either Obama or Palin) ? What type of Experience do you want them to have ? IMO "Political Experience" is being able to Screw us over and tell us lies without blinking or thinking twice ... Put someone in there that hasn't been schooled by the same old Politicians.

I'd take a Dirt Farmer with a 3rd Grade education over all of the crooks and liars we have to choose from ... At least He -or- She would be a "Real" person used to "Real" Problems.

Face it - It really doesn't matter WHICH Party wins ... Not one Damn thing will really change. It'll just be Different Crooks screwing us over. I'd love for one of these Dynamic Duos to make me eat my words ... But I won't hold my breath.
Well said Mark. We have a saying here about political elections and politicians;

The flies may change, but the shit remains the same. :o

•••
KingDon said:
I can't wait till this comes out on YouTube: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26664074
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNPGnZurs1k - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lxkz3n8J4Q - Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15kyPbNudSw - Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swN2YVrZrFY - Part 4

D-: D-: D-: After seeing this painful to watch interview, I have changed my mind. I will definitely vote for Obama if it keeps Sarah Palin out of the Big White House. We cannot put her in a position where she could possibly become the most powerful ruler on the planet. This world is too dangerous and she is NOT ready to lead. In particular, the answers she gave (in part 1) about her "insight" on Russia and then her belief that Georgia deserves to be in NATO are either irresponsible or ignorant. My bet is on ignorant. Perhaps we need to go to war with Russia!?!? Are you friggin serious Sarah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww - Part 5 ;)

Last edited:
•••
I know this isn't just a Palin thing, but it kills me when candidates are asked to just answer simple yes or no questions and they try to skirt the issue with circular talk. The only thing that struck me was her opinion that women who have become pregnant from being raped or incest must have the baby; unless having the baby would endanger the woman's life. I don't believe in abortion, but that's a little too extreme for me.

I couldn't imagine a woman being beaten down and raped, and then forced to bring that baby into the world because another person thinks it's what's best for her. I know it's a touchy subject, and if men were the ones who got pregnant, there wouldn't even be a debate.

Any way, it was as if Palin knew what she was going to be asked, everything seemed so rehearsed, no surprises.

Check this interview out, talk about skirting the question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYYiw_y2qDI

•••
<Jedi Mind Trick>
"You will continue to discuss Sarah Palin... You will not discuss the issues the country is facing right now... You will continue to focus on Sarah Palin..."
</Jedi Mind Trick>

I thought that with the economy in a slowdown, an unpopular war, and George W. Bush that Obama would be up double digits and that this election would be over. :lol:

It looks like Barry Hussein and Hairplugs Joe may not win this one as handily as some have predicted :laugh:

Double digit trouncing? This is gonna be a close one, folks :talk:

•••
Anyone see McCain's interview on the View?

The predominantly female crowd straight up sounds terrified when he straight up says "I don't agree with Roe v Wade".

•••
briman1970....If Sarah is ignorant or irresponsible, the Obama is ignorant or irresponsible for the very same reasons. And he wants to be President, not VP!

Obama quote: "I also affirm Georgia’s right to pursue NATO membership. This aspiration in no way threatens the legitimate defense interests of Georgia’s neighbors.”

Of course nobody in the media minded when he said that. Only when Palin says it, it becomes ignorant. Nor did she say that she wanted war with Russia. The clown who was interviewing her asked (I paraphrase): "If Georgia joins Nato, then we will be obligated to defend it from a Russian attack. By war if necessary." Palin agreed, because that goes to the very definition of Nato. Therefore, according to you, Obama also wants war with Russia.

And so far as her personal beliefs about abortion, I missed the part where she said she would force all American women to adhere to her beliefs. You see, some of us Republican voters believe that people have a right to their beliefs. What a radical idea.

What is it about Palin that really brings out the vitriol?

•••
Vitriol - Bitterly abusive feeling or expression. I’d say it could be evenly applied to both sides.

I agree that people have a right to their beliefs. So where does the divide begin? I would say that many people believe having an abortion is wrong, myself included; it’s just the way I was raised. But this is my personal belief.

I feel the majority of people divide at the point when the personal beliefs of one group, can decide the limits of another’s personal beliefs. And that equation can be used for just about any split in most political arguments. IMHO

I don’t want another person’s beliefs deciding what’s best for me or mine, and Palin would like to take away that choice for women. To me, that means less rights to ones own beliefs.

Overturning Roe V Wade would certainly force women who have become pregnant from incest and rape to have that child. Palin’s desire to overturn Roe V wade would make it so that these victims of rape and incest, would have NO right to their beliefs.

And there is the conundrum, with statements like, “You see, some of us Republican voters believe that people have a right to their beliefs. What a radical idea.”

What does “people have a right to their beliefs” mean, when the pursuit of a certain law takes away the option for them to choose their belief’s?

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
RE: The deleted posts.
Those were from another thread about adult names.

Jasonn,
GF cannot close threads, nor delete posts not in his section. So you owe him a personal apology.

I think I (not sure it was me, but I agreed they needed to be gone.) deleted them to keep the thread from going WAY off topic.

And jasonn, just for reference, I only fly in planes with two left wings, so it was not anything to do with religion or politics that got them deleted, it was because they didnt fit the thread.

Peace,
Cyberian
As noted by GF, I sent him an apology yesterday via PM. I would of posted a public one but at that time this thread this closed. Yes, the deleted posts were from another thread about adult names and the reply fit the thread perfectly. How ignorant can people be to go on about god and religion like its the most positive thing i the world when it has caused so much bloodshed? Anyways, I really don't care anymore.

•••
I don't even think it's going to be close at all.. My prediction: McCain is in FTW by a landslide... unfortunately. We can thank the media, folks.. just you watch and see. I hope I'm wrong.

GF said:
<Jedi Mind Trick>
"You will continue to discuss Sarah Palin... You will not discuss the issues the country is facing right now... You will continue to focus on Sarah Palin..."
</Jedi Mind Trick>

I thought that with the economy in a slowdown, an unpopular war, and George W. Bush that Obama would be up double digits and that this election would be over. :lol:

It looks like Barry Hussein and Hairplugs Joe may not win this one as handily as some have predicted :laugh:

•••
Dave in Carthage said:
I don't even think it's going to be close at all.. My prediction: McCain is in FTW by a landslide... unfortunately. We can thank the media, folks.. just you watch and see. I hope I'm wrong.

I think this puppy's going to tighten up big-time. If I were McCain I'd be concerned about peaking too early. If this were mid-October I'd be more confident for McCain, but as we say in baseball, "There's a lot of ballgame left!"

•••
GF said:
I think this puppy's going to tighten up big-time. If I were McCain I'd be concerned about peaking too early. If this were mid-October I'd be more confident for McCain, but as we say in baseball, "There's a lot of ballgame left!"
How true. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, full count... Seen those games before.

•••
GF said:
<Jedi Mind Trick>
</Jedi Mind Trick>

omg! how can you not discuss palin? if mcpain wins in october, this person will be positioned to run the country.

neocons everywhere should be demanding that mcain choose a different running mate. what a double standard. she's an embarrassment to the ticket...also goes to show mcsame's decision making ability....to pick somebody so unqualified for one of the most important jobs in the world.

this is a very serious issue, because if these two are elected president/vp...Ms Pitbull will be making big decisions that will effect the economy, the war, your job, and so on.....if you really want this idiot in charge, then all i can say is that the ONLY reason why you are electing these two is because of the (R) by their name and nothing else....

briman1970 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNPGnZurs1k - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lxkz3n8J4Q - Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15kyPbNudSw - Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swN2YVrZrFY - Part 4

D-: D-: D-: After seeing this painful to watch interview, I have changed my mind. I will definitely vote for Obama if it keeps Sarah Palin out of the Big White House. We cannot put her in a position where she could possibly become the most powerful ruler on the planet. This world is too dangerous and she is NOT ready to lead. In particular, the answers she gave (in part 1) about her "insight" on Russia and then her belief that Georgia deserves to be in NATO are either irresponsible or ignorant. My bet is on ignorant. Perhaps we need to go to war with Russia!?!? Are you friggin serious Sarah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww - Part 5 ;)

i just watched the interviews

holy cow...what an idiot...

the republican party fighting gods war....

they can't kill enough muslims, can they?

Last edited:
•••
Previous executive experience of past presidents!

Everyone is so worried of Sarah Palin not having any enough experience to be a Vice President. Check out the experience of some of our presidents!

One of our greatest, John F. Kennedy, was never even a Vice President!

Ronald Reagan, like Palin, was a Governor, and a President....... of the Screen Actor's Guild!!! Ok, you Democrats are now saying "yeah , he was a Republican!". Doesn't matter, America elected him to be President!

Good old Abraham, no previous executive experience, straight to President, he didn't need to waste time being a Vice President!

Check to see how many went straight from Army General to President! Must have been a few war heroes here!

Jimmy Carter went from a Governor to President!

So, what is the big deal about Sarah Plain going from a Governor to only Vice-President? Why are people worried now about her having too much power if she ever became President? Do you really think Congress, all the Senators, and whoever else would really just let her do what she wants?

Just vote for who you think is best, and don't vote for who don't think is good.
Frank

Interesting facts from wikipedia.org :

Order President Previous Executive Experience
1 George Washington General of United Army of the Colonies
2 John Adams Vice President of the United States
3 Thomas Jefferson Governor of Virginia & Vice President of the United States
4 James Madison No Previous Executive Experience, Virginia state legislature (1776-79) & Continental Congress (1780-83)]
5 James Monroe Governor of Virginia
6 John Quincy Adams No Previous Executive Experience, United States Senate (1803-09)
7 Andrew Jackson General of the Army (United States) & Military Governor of Florida
8 Martin Van Buren Vice President of the United States
9 William Harrison General of the Army (United States) & Military Governor of Indiana Territory
10 John Tyler Governor of Virginia, United States Senate Vice President of the United States (in by death of WHH)
11 James Polk Governor of Tennessee & Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
12 Zachary Taylor General of the Army (United States)
13 Millard Fillmore Vice President of the United States
14 Franklin Pierce General of the Army (United States)
15 James Buchanan No Previous Executive Experience, Pennsylvania House of Representatives (1814-20) & United States House of Representatives (1821-31)]
16 Abraham Lincoln No Previous Executive Experience, United States House of Representatives (1846-48)
17 Andrew Johnson Mayor of Greeneville, Tennessee, Governor of Tennessee, Military Governor of Tennessee, Vice President of the United States (in by AL assassination)
18 Ulysses Grant General of the Army (United States)
19 Rutherford Hayes General of the Army (United States) & Governor of Ohio
20 James Garfield General of the Army (United States)
21 Chester Arthur Vice President of the United States (in by JAG assassination)
22,24 Grover Cleveland Mayor of Buffalo, New York, Governor of New York & President of the United States (elected twice but not consecutively)
23 Benjamin Harrison General of the Army (United States)
25 William McKinley Governor of Ohio
26 Theodore Roosevelt Assistant United States Secretary of the Navy, Governor of New York & Vice President of the United States (in by WM assassination)
27 William Taft Governor-General of the Philippines, United States Secretary of War
28 Woodrow Wilson President of the Princeton University, Governor of New Jersey
29 Warren Harding Lieutenant Governor of Ohio
30 Calvin Coolidge Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts, Governor of Massachusetts & Vice President of Northampton Savings Bank
31 Herbert Hoover United States Secretary of Commerce
32 Franklin Roosevelt Assistant United States Secretary of Navy, Governor of New York
33 Harry Truman Vice President of the United States (in by FDR death)
34 Dwight Eisenhower General of the Army (United States) (Supreme Allied Commander, Army Chief of Staff)
35 John F. Kennedy No Previous Executive Experience, United States House of Representatives (1946-52) & United States Senate (1952-60)]
36 Lyndon Johnson Vice President of the United States (in by JFK assassination)
37 Richard Nixon Vice President of the United States
38 Gerald Ford Vice President of the United States (in by RN resignation)
39 Jimmy Carter Governor of Georgia
40 Ronald Reagan Governor of California & President of the Screen Actors Guild
41 George H. W. Bush Vice President of the United States & Director of Central Intelligence
42 Bill Clinton Attorney General of Arkansas, Governor of Arkansas
43 George W. Bush Governor of Texas

Last edited:
•••
Abstracts.tv said:
Check out the experience of some of our presidents!

The world, and its potential dangers, are far more complex than even just a short 7 - 10 - 12+/+ years ago ... and the intellectual capacity and its demands and judgement have never been higher, IMHO. Experience, temperament, and judgement are all now of critical importance ... and Palin squarely lacks in each and every category - she is an EXTREMIST, in my humble opinion, and it was a very VERY dangerous political gamble by an aging McCain! :guilty:

PS. She was a mayor of a town of 7,000+/-, and has only been Governor of a sparsely populated stated for 18 months ... this is - by anyone's realistic standards - not enough experience to be a Vice President to a man who is 72 years old with an documented history of health issues! And, this is FACT ... she specialized in gaining :$: "earmarks" (including for the infamous "bridge to nowhere"!) for her home state of Alaska - as both mayor -and- Governor (again, exhibiting a severe lack of judgement)! :red: :snaphappy:

Just my two sense.
-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
After seeing part of her interview, I'm amazed at why so many people are putting her down. She speaks well, she answered the questions gracefully and apparently honestly, and seems a lot smarter than what she's made out to be.

In fact when I compare her to George W. who was elected twice, and has 8 years of experience as a President, and many years as Governor of the great State of Texas, who can't remember the names of many heads of state, who has dificulty in speaking English, who practically only talks about "the war on terror" then I see it as a no contest as she just comes through as a much smarter person than him.

The love affair that the US media have with Obama may just backfire in November at the polls. I personally have a preferance for Obama as the better (or less bad) of two bad candidates, however, due to the fact that the liberal US media are trying to shove Obama down people's throats, I would vote (if I could) for McCain for one reason only; get my revenge on the Media! :]

•••
GILSAN said:
The love affair that the US media have with Obama may just backfire in November at the polls. I personally have a preferance for Obama as the better (or less bad) of two bad candidates, however, due to the fact that the liberal US media are trying to shove Obama down people's throats, I would vote (if I could) for McCain for one reason only; get my revenge on the Media! :]

rofl! well...what a great reason..

mc cain dropped the ball on this one.... there were probably a million other vp candidates he could have chosen that would strengthen the ticket.

•••
Isis said:
mc cain dropped the ball on this one.... there were probably a million other vp candidates he could have chosen that would strengthen the ticket.

Yep, this EXTREMEly cooky political-only selection goes directly to his intellect and judgement, as well! This is solid proof that he does not have the capacities to be Commander-in-Chief, IMHO. :guilty:

I could have respected a Romney selection, for instance ... who would get more female voters than extremist Palin, has credibity and sound judgement, and would have really helped a self-admitted clueless McCain on important matters with jobs, taxes, and the economy! :lala:
By the way, I believe Palin will be dropped and replaced ... that's right, you heard it hear first, folks! :yell: :snaphappy:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Obama

Isis said:
rofl! well...what a great reason..

Obama might have had it in the bag had he picked Hillary as his running mate. This would have brought together all of the people who voted for them in the primaries and deflated the Palin strategy right from the start by making McCain's pick of Palin look like nothing more than a desperate attempt to match Obama's plans for America. Thank God for egotistical messiahs. All hail the dumbass.

•••
•••
Jeff said:
By the way, I believe Palin will be dropped and replaced ... that's right, you heard it hear first, folks! :yell: :snaphappy:

-Jeff B-)

This is a prime example as to why I LOVE Jeff! :great:

I may disagree with his political views, but I have nothing but great respect for an individual who doesn't wane with popular opinion, and who makes BOLD statements!

There's no going back when you make bold statements, and Jeff - you make bold statements, my friend! :D

I love it.

- G

•••
Great list Frank...

I had no idea how many presidents were Generals before being elected.

•••
"By the way, I believe Palin will be dropped and replaced ..."

That would be very interesting. Anything is possible, but I think over the next few weeks we're going to see the Palin backlash begin; and there will be little anyone can do to stop it.

She's already starting to loose steam, and it hasn't even been 10 days; that's not a good sign for McCain. I feel it was a mistake to try and sway the Hillary supporters with a woman that plans to move against their core beliefs.

The fanfare is dying down, and the attacks are heating up. But when the election is over, little will change for the great majority of Americans who need help. I think the funniest part for me, is watching the news and seeing these phony people from both sides, explaining how they were once on the other side of the line, and NOW they are switching partys.

If you ask people who they're going to vote for in November, there wouldn't be much change from now until the elections. McCain made a huge mistake, and it's going to cost him the election. If he dropped her now, it would kill him as much as holding onto her. Just MHO,

•••
Heres my theory on all this. The rupublicans, who now realise choosing Palin was a shrewd move, are going to milk her for all they can get. Not 1 month ago, it was looking like Obama was going to win this election, and momentum was on his side.

The rublicans, i believe had to do something, and Palin may have been the first of two choices. The second choice, if Palin did not work out, may have been to look at starting another war, maybe Russia?, who knows, if the Georgia situation deteriorated further, this may have been a "last resort" measure to ensure a Mccain victory.

Would Americans vote for an unknown in this situation?, i doubt it. The strong steady hand of a war hero would have surely won the day. It just may be that Palin has prevented such a scenario from occuring.

Maybe this sounds far fetched to many, though you only have to look at the lies and false pretences surrounding Iraq to realise anything is possible.

•••
When the polls start slipping, don't rule out Bush starting another war, he's just waiting for the right moment, and the election polls will tell him when to act. Oppppps, sorry, I meant when Carl Rove sees the poll results and tells Bush to start it. When these people do something dishonest in the name of God, there can be no wrong.

Here's an interesting question I would like to ask Palin, does country come before God, or God before country?

•••
sometimes, i feel that the focus has been shifted.

it seems to me that we are contending the ability to Sarah rather than Mccain.
Bear in mind, Sarah is a VP and Mccain is still the leading figure.

Unless, we are talking about some series TV, the female President show. commander in chief)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back