Dynadot

domain MarketingAgency.com

NameSilo
Watch

brettdavid

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, I'm curious as to what you think this exact phrase domain would appraise for:

MarketingAgency.com

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
couldn't be urs, because im in fact the real brett david

•••
I'm wondering whether it's possible to get a "well better we owned it than a competitor" type scenario. That's probably what you could do with. see if it can attract some serious bidding. Have you approached any of the big Domain Brokers.

•••
I'm wondering whether it's possible to get a "well better we owned it than a competitor" type scenario. That's probably what you could do with. see if it can attract some serious bidding. Have you approached any of the big Domain Brokers.

It could. From my experience, it is even harder sell than the actual need. Requires a visionary and someone inside pushing it as an agenda. Most businesses cannot see even the direct value from a better brand, let alone seeing strategic considerations like competition, appreciation, option value etc.

•••
Back in the day it would've been worth $XXX,XXX, currently it's in the $XX,XXX range. The biggest issue is branding, because a trademark would be difficult to enforce. It's also a bit long for a domain. But it's a good domain nevertheless.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Brett. I can get you a buyer for 6 figures. I'm a seasoned and well-connected broker/outbound marketer. Kindly give me your linkedin or somewhere we can chat privately about my commision.

•••
Hi guys, I'm curious as to what you think this exact phrase domain would appraise for:

MarketingAgency.com

Thanks in advance!

MarketingAgency.com

Thanks in advance!
Nice domain you've got there. I brokered the purchase of the .com.au in December last year for $4000 AUD

•••
Nice domain you've got there. I brokered the purchase of the .com.au in December last year for $4000 AUD
@brettdavid if you are interested in selling it. I could reach out to my client perhaps they might be interested. Feel free to come to my DM

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_183858.jpg
    IMG_20230225_183858.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 68
•••
High-xxxx to Mid-xxxxx (Without proof of any revenue or traffic)

•••
High-xxxx to Mid-xxxxx (Without proof of any revenue or traffic)
In your signature you say "I quote reseller values when doing appraisals". Did you do that for this domain as well?

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I like the name - but, from an investment point of view, it really depends on your purchase price.

I was just tweeting about a similar name last week - AdvertisingAgency.com which was at auction last week.

AdvertisingAgency.com Previously sold by @MediaOptions in 2011, for $33,000
Then resold at @NamesCon in 2017, for $65,000

For this particular auction it had a reserve set between $10,000 - $25,000, and I don't think the reserve was hit.

Some companies see the value of generic names like this, some companies can't even see value of their owe EMD in .com

Back to MarketingAgency

To a motivated end user, in a bull market, I'd say you'd very likely hit $75k and very good chance of low 6figs

If you were to auction the name right now, I'd say you might get to $10k (I'd be interested up to that point)

Just my 2c

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
•••
Good discussion, I think its a great name but its waiting for the right buyer. It's very generic (I own something similar DataAgency/com) which gets offers from time to time but not the end user offer I think it deserves. For the right company MarketingAgency is a very strong brand. If you are a motivated seller and the site isn't earning I would put up a good lander showing its clearly for sale.

•••
Awesome... Please note that in my post I did not claim it is not yours. I just stated that it is highly unusual to have an existing website owner to ask for an appraisal on a domain investor forum. As developing community is different from domain selling community with very little overlap.

Honestly, unless you manage to get traction with the site, it won't add to the sale price. The domains are sold either as is or with website. In the latter case, buyer expects traffic, ad revenue, paid clients etc. and bases the valuation on the 2x-4x of the proven revenue. So, if you are hoping to sell for $50k-100k, then you'd need to show $12.5k-$50k annual revenue from it. And you can fetch the same price pretty much for the domain name if a right buyer comes across (and those show up with the probability of 1-2% a year. This is why most domain name owners don't develop for sale. It is doubtful if the price/chance of sale will increase and it might hurt the chances if a) potential buyer thinks it is not for sale and walks away b) it doesn't match his idea for the name. What truly can increase the chance of sale is just nice description with a nice logo on a landing page.

Regardless, welcome to the forum. This is the best place to learn about selling domains.
Anyone[company] buying this domain will want it as a brand,all this guy has to do is wait..Major brokers have their top domains go to their company websites. Stop overthinking this this is a domain that can sell for 30-40k fast and 500k-a million if marketed to the right company.

Last edited:
•••

It is all about the right buyer coming along.

If you are motivated to sell (not meaning you are in a hurry or desperate for funds, just ready to let it bring in some $) I would park it with a simple page containing a 'make offer' form.

It might take a year or three, but eventually the ideal buyer will type it in. I would not let it go for less that 30k...it could fetch as much as 50k for a deep pocket buyer.

•••
Nice domain

If you are going to persevere with the site - get a logo, you can get a really nice one done on fiverr or even on here for less than $60 - better than the WordPress logo showing

Also might be worth adding a banner / clear message saying the domain/site might be for sale.....if your intention is to sell it that is?.....

•••
Such a rare domain.. Great.

This cam cost more than 1500$ or more..
Good luck

•••
It's a killer domain high xxx.xxx , congrats for this gem(:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back