IT.COM

discuss Marketing (LNL / LLLL)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jhm

Top Member
Impact
Between a mixed LNL.com and a LLLL.com, case example: D9Q.com and DOAQ.com

...The example isn't the best combination (not all combinations are)

Assuming the combination you own isn't ideal, and regardless of value ...would you have a harder time marketing a random 4 letter .com, or a 2 letter / number .com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
would you have a harder time marketing a random 4 letter .com, or a 2 letter / number .com

D9Q.com and DJZQ.com

Hi

your question, is different from example given.

as if you owned a 2 letter or 2 number.com, you wouldn't have to market it.

the correct description for D9Q is called a 3 character.com

and it would be harder to sell a random 4 letter.com than a 3 character.com, because the latter has higher inherent value.
the exception of course depends on the actual letters and arrangement of them, within that 4 letter.com domain

imo....

•••
@biggie You're right, curious on different perspectives (not including value)

Last edited:
•••
I own both, but LLLL outranks LNL by a very wide margin, at least for usable (or in-use) acronyms and of course actual words. I can't even give a real-world example of a branded LNL. B2B?

LLN is more marketable I think.

•••
@forge From a branding standpoint, you're right

The number of LNL is considerably fewer (20,280, doing the math) ...as opposed to LLLL (456,976) ...yet LLLL for actual usability is stronger ...then you witness Asian markets adopting these LNL combinations

It does depend, but interesting anyway

•••
I misunderstood.

Many new domainers want to get into the game for $100 or less, so maybe that's where the popularity lies with 4L. And those have been traded now for nearly two decades.

Most Westerners seem pretty leery about mixing letters/numbers and the price point of LNL adds to that hesitancy.

I've been looking a lot into LLN.com especially.

Last edited:
•••
Just park it or develop it I wouldn't be worried about marketing it unless i was liquidating it or made site for it.

Last edited:
•••
Back