news Mark Zuckerberg just used an .XYZ domain in announcement - HackTV.xyz

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
First reported by @RU: Facebook goes with .XYZ

Report by DomainGang (100% true):
Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook, just announced his appearance for a “Questions and Answers” session using an .XYZ domain.

Let’s just say, that the video depicted below had 9 million views in less than one day, so we’re expecting large numbers of clicks on HackTV.XYZ as well.

Post by Zuck (Mark Zuckerberg):
Please join me for the Townhall Q&A here:http://stream.hacktv.xyz/qandawithmark-ext

Video:

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Nice, I hope this continues

•••
The one that have ignored .com regret it. Don't miss .XYZ :)

•••
.XYZ has had some amazing news this last couple months.. 4 figure.. 5 figure domain name sales at auctions.. Google.. Facebook.. & I'll count Verisign in this because their BS is just PR that actually helps xyz

•••
From a reliable source I heard that Jesus will come down from heaven to live chat using IamBack.xyz

•••
Nobody said that these new extensions wouldn't be used at all. They are being used exactly how they are supposed to be - for disposable throwaway campaigns and promotions.

I think that every gTLD just lends more authority to .COM for branding and 'home base' operations.

Just because I use a smart phone doesn't mean I throw my desktop computer out the window. Most gTLDs are a compliment to your online presence, but should not by your home presence if you are marketing to the masses.

There are a few exceptions, but definitely not the rule. The day a major company switches their main website to a gTLD... that's the day it all changes... but that won't happen because one of the goals of the program was to increase the value of quality .COMs, not trash it.

If XZY is the go-to for these kinds of campaigns, then so be it, but don't ever expect a company to pay big bucks for a .XYZ... and that therein lies why it's more attractive to invest in .COM's.

•••
From a reliable source I heard that Jesus will come down from heaven to live chat using IamBack.xyz

Didn't you hear? He already returned and he is using iAMhere.Ninja with a redirect to Risen.xyz, which redirects to MyChurchToronto.com

•••
Its nerdy techy cool to do it with a dot xyz.

As predicted in the ABC.xyz thread lol

We will have to see if XYZ remains the go to UNextension. Or in time some other extension is favored because "all the good XYZ's are gone"

•••
He used XYZ because the promo codes for .COM aren't working anymore. It was the only extension he could grab a new domain in for less than $2 :)

Last edited:
•••
Nobody said that these new extensions wouldn't be used at all. They are being used exactly how they are supposed to be - for disposable throwaway campaigns and promotions.
You said it.

•••
I don't get this... am i missing anything?

•••
•••
I've seen some Pros around here breakdown whois and registrar details pretty in depth. Any Pro around care to chime in on how this whois may or may not validate this report?

HackTv Whois.JPG

•••
•••
I've seen some Pros around here breakdown whois and registrar details pretty in depth. Any Pro around care to chime in on how this whois may or may not validate this report?

Show attachment 16146

Funny. someone here at NP pointed out the same thing in another post here..I guess she's an employee?

•••
how to find best expired domains........

•••
And that was the last day we ever saw the owner of Hack.tv around the forums....

•••
•••
i am still not going to use .xyz :P

•••
Ok so Mark Zuckerberg uses a pop up domain and chooses a dotXYZ

I'd say that's pretty good promo for the reg.

•••
FB just drove the prices up for .xyz domains!

•••
After google took ABC.xyz, i have registered a few XYZ domains. The marketing team of XYZ has been doing a pretty good job so far.

•••
If it is a marketing campaign to build up the .xyz registrar then so be it, at least we can capitalize on our own ideas by leveraging the bigger player's marketing budget....1 letter or 2 or 3 or 4 letter xyz seems smart as well and depending on my own ideas.... as a channel to bring in ecom sales and/or merely a news feed website...

imagine a website xyz and you just include all rss feeds...who cares if it's duplicate or not content, the domain explains all that entails..xyz

example:
emergency.xyz or domaining.xyz travel.xyz, the list goes on...fema.xyz then include everything about it

Disaster mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery, education, and references.
News headlines, stories, blog posts, alerts, relief missions, donations, xyz....

Then just create it into categories and put feeds, products and whatever else.

•••
Back