Dynadot

Makemoney.com auction closed and member banned

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where does it say what they paid for the domain? It just said $250k start and I'm fairly sure they wouldn’t have paid anywhere near $250k for it either.

But even so, they started their last auction with no reserve (no one forced them to) and it was getting a bid every day and on the verge of hitting 6 figures, so i don’t buy that.

I’ve been involved in valuable domain names (I know Keith as too in this thread), sometimes things can get a bit quiet on these names and ‘some’ people need reassuring its valuable and I honestly think thats all this was with this ‘so called’ auction (attention) and when I look previous threads of this domain on NamePros and outside NamePros, I do feel they seek attention with it.

FTR it’s a great domain, but it’s domain that I don’t think is special, it’s a domain what I (as an investor) would have liked to have paid around $50k or under for, I saw its potential as a $250k domain (max) to the perfect buyer, but I think it’s a tough sell.

1683168877158.png

•••
•••

Epik forever registration :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

1683217409711.png

•••
The Best part of this Scam Auction by BusinessBrands is that his domain makemoney.com now has ZERO VALUE due the SCANDAL of this SCAM FAILED AUCTION ahahahahaa!

What a DUMB way to RUIN A DOMAINS VALUE AND REPUTATION! LOL
:xf.laugh:

BusinessBrands was trying the same Scam Auction here since October 2022, by saying he will buy computers for children in Ukraine, THE SAME BS of white bread for Ukraine people... He only DAMAGED THE VALUE AND REPUTATION of his domain: makemoney.com that now NOBODY WILL BUY :-P

1683224551605.png

Last edited:
•••
Nice find. Now I see why he or she canceled the auction. The last bid was much less than what they paid for the domain.
Will add one more thing to this, highly doubt they are going to pay $250k and take a hit on that/completely write it off and donate it to charity, I may be wrong, but going with my gut on this person and seeing admins message of "they have a long history of being unprofessional and disrupting the community" i think it's obvious they probably never.

•••
Personally, I thought the seller would stop the auction after it was paused... because the bidding lost its momentum... and the bidders naturally became suspicious... so when bidding did not recover, after it was stopped, the seller realized his auction was sunk and pulled the asset.

Also, the first thing I, and many domainers, do when interested in a domain name is see where it is pointed. I did not understand why the auction had to be paused to do this, or validate suspected false accounts.

If you see something do something. If you don't see anything, don't do something based on suspicion... even if the 'suspect' is a bit wacky and unprofessional. Many 'wealthy' people are, and just don't give a shit.

This auction was not a good *professional* look for NP... in the eyes of the $ignificant new bidders. IMO.

•••
White bread is not healthy anyway.

Next time he should try to scam people with rye bread.

•••
I think that seller could sell MakeMoney.com on auction NamePros as usual auction, not charity and sold for big money. Why hide behind charity?

•••
I saw the post on the first day and the domain had already been redirecting to the post before the auction was paused.

White bread does spike your blood sugar levels which can also affect your blood pressure. Wheat bread is digested slower and avoids spiking at least theoretically.

The seller definitely seemed like a flake. I remember the first auction looking to buy Dell computers too. Maybe it's because I've been in eCommerce since 1998 and I've seen so many scams but I'd never bid in an auction like that.

•••
After discussing this internally, it seems a bit extreme to forbid charity auctions outright. I don't think it makes sense to let one bad person spoil it for everyone. We'll likely implement a rule requiring transparency for any charity auctions, including donating the money directly to the charity rather than having it pass through the seller.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back