IT.COM

NameSilo
Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
mega.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I actually wonder if it was purchased by an investor with deep pockets. I wouldn't totally blame someone for thinking they could 10X their money on that purchase.

•••
Origin of MAGA

First recorded in 2016 ; from “Let's make America great again,” a slogan used by Ronald Reagan in his presidential campaign in 1980.

Now i can relate :)

•••
Hmm... I'd think it was worth more than $65k. Maybe it was a reflection of the current market condition.

Last edited:
•••
Probably purchased by someone suffering some serious TDS. Trump has a big ego, but not this big.

•••
it trumps any other landing page ive seen. wow....

•••
$65k for the domain, but can't afford 30 buck for SSL certificate? :xf.wink:

•••
AWS Certificate Manager - free forever, auto renews automatically every year

Cloudflare, press a button to enable - free, auto renews automatically every year

Last edited:
•••
LOL. "Mega" ?

They took a stock image and slapped Trumps head on it.

Zero effort.

•••
Buyer got a great deal, this is a 6 figs domain

•••
Probably purchased by someone suffering some serious TDS. Trump has a big ego, but not this big.

Not sure you know what TDS is. It's called "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and refers to otherwise normal people who feel compelled to irrelevantly insult Trump every single time his name gets mentioned in an unrelated conversation, because they have become forever internally unhinged by something he said ("America is great", "grab the p*ssy", etc.). I suspect the irony will be overlooked here.

Last edited:
•••
•••
65K is a bargain for that domain

•••
•••
Would have been fitting for Magaluf

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Shocking price imo... i would have guessed 6 figures.

•••
Not sure you know what TDS is. It's called "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and refers to otherwise normal people who feel compelled to irrelevantly insult Trump every single time his name gets mentioned in an unrelated conversation, because they have become forever internally unhinged by something he said ("America is great", "grab the p*ssy", etc.). I suspect the irony will be overlooked here.
That was my point. Someone suffering from TDS would sell everything to buy something they would think Trump would want and because those with TDS behave very similar to extreme cults, buying something like this can score points among other worshippers especially with the image on the site. I know one domainer that I suspect purchased it. I know many people that do not support Trump, but they do not suffer from any TDS.

If the domain owner of MAGA would put a rumor out there that Trump is desperately trying to buy the domain because he believes it can help him win in 2024, I guarantee you the name would have sold for 8 figures. For someone with TDS, they get so shaken up that they cannot think rational.

•••
•••
Wonder bought this, lol. Page title doesn't match the domain: "Mega: The Great Mega King".. A little telling?

Anyways, congrats on the sale if it was yours @owntype .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back